• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Black Doom lifting strength issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wokistan

Bioluminescent African American Working At The CIA
VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
Human Resources
Yeah this is pretty minor, but I just noticed that Black Doom has class Z lifting strength for "lifting large rocks with ease".

I played that game a while ago, and those large rocks definitely were not moons.

Idk what to change it to but that's what this thread is for.

YouTube video of the boss fight, for reference

Teleporting a comet isn't a LS feat, and that wouldn't really scale to black doom anyways.

Also, aren't sonic characters like a meter tall? Moving a rock larger than a meter doesn't exactly seem class 10, considering what IRL people have done and that the WRs for that are only class 5.

@Wok It was Class 5 before. Granted, Shadow can flip a bus with one hand and Sonic would scale due to constantly fighting him.

Ninja'd.

Those are fine for class 10, then.

Super forms still seem to have an unsubstantiated Class Z, though.

I think they're supposed to be Class Z via scaling to Dark Gaia, but the profiles don't give very good indication of that.

But why would they scale LS wise? Super forms beat those guys by ramming them, not outmatching their lifting strength.

Gaia Colossus could physically match Dark Gaia. Super Sonic and co. should scale to GC since their strength is derived from the same source. Same with the FH, since its physical might was also derived from the Emeralds.

Power being derived from the same source does not mean that they scale. A lot of people in Warhammer draw power from the Warp, but we don't have 1-A regular Psykers. Besides, if they had that level of lifting strength, they shouldn't have had to teleport the ARK back into space resulting in Shadow having some issues, they should have just been able to push it there.

Chaos Emeralds aren't shown to grant wildly different power boosts when activating Super forms. That isn't a comparable setting.

Also, I'm pretty sure Shadow being exhausted after warping the Ark is PIS, as Sonic (who possesses inferior control over Chaos Energy) was just fine. That was just a plot device as he was originally intended to be killed off.

It was actually mentioned that Shadow was struggling to maintain his super form due to inexperience against Finalhazard.

Of course this hasn't been as issue since in Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic 06 he handles being in his super form just fine.

They also didn't show that they gave sonic a ton of lifting strength.

That they needed to resort to teleportation as opposed to just moving it is still a nock against Class Z, though.

A Super form's strength level shouldn't be assumed to be wildly differing to another's without good reason though. Even if Super Sonic is never outright shown moving moon-sized objects or tearing apart planets, it should still be assumed he could as he absorbs the same amounts of energy as the individuals with said feats.

I suppose it is, but it can be dismissed as a plot device. Like Base Knuckles one-shoting Super Sonic since the plot demanded for him to somehow steal the Emeralds at the beginning of Sonic 3.

None of the other super forms are even like that, though. It's just Chip.

Dismissed in favor of an assumption? With the durability thing, super forms have been portrayed as far superior physically, and so the low end is dismissed in favor of more reasonable feats. Here, there is no class Z feat, only an assumption. What is shown should take precedence over what is assumed.

Why wouldn't Super Sonic be physically comparable to the individuals with the Class Z feats tho?

Because if he was there's no reason that he couldn't just put the ARK back, and fiction is weird with regards to the relationship between AP and LS.

A clear limitation and lack of supporting feats > an assumption, even if the assumption ordinarily would be reasonable.

I personally don't care for that line of reasoning but I'm all pooped out. I guess Super Sonic can be placed at "Unknown" until I can squeeze out concrete feats then.

Thanks for your time guy and have a nice night.

It didn't move with his push, though. There's also the issue that it's being supported by weird flesh tentacles, and isn't moon sized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back