• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BLACK CLOVER CRT (GOD TIER REVISION): 𝐓𝐇𝐄 ππŽπ–π„π‘ πŽπ… 𝐙𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐍

Arnoldstone18

#1 Nero Enthusiast
Username Only
Hey guys, I saved this crt for last. Hopefully, this goes well. So sit back relax and have fun.

0339-012.png

𝐙𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐍 is a difficult combat technique developed in the Land of The Rising Sun that takes decades to master.

It is a temporary power boost that involves the act of manipulating one's internal Life Force (also known as "Ki") in such a way that it erupts and that massive energy is converted to magic power (or "Yoryoku" in the Land of the Sun). The attack born from the conversion of tremendous amounts of Ki into Magic Power is released in form of an attack at explosive speeds and power. This move is typically used to generate great power and its use differs from an all-out attack or a set of attacks. Also, Zetten has been shown to be beneficial for other things which I will get to below.

The rise in Ki/Magic Power temporarily enhances the durability of the user probably so they don't get destroyed by the intensity of their attack. This is evident in the fact that Ichika's muscles appear to be strengthened and the fact that the process is described as Mana Skin but for Ki by Asta. Even Kezokaku can use Zetten to transform to a higher form (that is probably the reason why she can survive an attack with not much trouble compared to those comparable to her base form that nearly got one shot by the same attack.)

Lastly, Zetten amps the users' attack speeds. Due to the amount of Magic Power/ Yoryoku produced internally by the technique, the Zetten users can attack faster. Also users can outright blitz opponents comparable to them in speed if they use all that power in one attack. However, this can be circumvented by those with a higher reaction speed than them and through intense concentration as with the case of Asta before he got blitzed when he had a lapse in concentration.

𝐙𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐍 πŒπ”π‹π“πˆππ‹πˆπ„π‘

Screenshot_2022-12-03-01-21-09-67_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.png

Ichika, who was not even fighting seriously, was stated to have had her Ki been multiplied many tens of times in the scan above when she performed Zetten against bandits. The scan above was translated by @Arc7Kuroi. 何十倍 means many tens of times.

Since this rise in Ki is immediately converted to power and the fact that "many" implies a set of at least 4, I propose for Zetten to be at least a 40x Ki multiplier.

HOW THIS APPLIES TO SCALING.

Attack potency & Durability

Base form Ichika scales higher than Black mode Asta (31.44 petatons).

When Ichika uses Zetten she becomes (up to 1.26 exatons). I say "up to" because this value can be lower if power is distributed across multiple attacks rather than one attack with all that power. However, Ichika and others can choose to use Zetten in one attack.

Black Samurai Ichika scales above Zetten Ichika and scales to Devil Union Asta (188.64 Petatons). So when Black Samurai Ichika performs Zetten in one attack she will scale to (7.55 exatons)

Speed

far higher
will be applied.

since the Zetten user’s magic power is raised 20 folds. Therefore the users speed also increases 20 folds by our current scaling.

So what do you guys think? Let me know if you have any questions.

Please be respectful and again Have funnn.

Agree: DarkDragonMedeus, DemonGodMitch, CloverDragon03, Dereck03,
Neutral:
Disagree:

Last edited:
I'd prefer "up to" rather than "at most" for something like this.

Also, Base Ichika > Black Asta who is 31.44 petatons

And lastly, how did you get 25.152 exatons? Black Samurai Ichika = Devil Union Asta = 188.64 petatons, so Zetten makes her up to 7.55 exatons

I'd prefer "up to" rather than "at most" for something like this.

Also, Base Ichika > Black Asta who is 31.44 petatons

And lastly, how did you get 25.152 exatons? Black Samurai Ichika = Devil Union Asta = 188.64 petatons, so Zetten makes her up to 7.55 exatons

Oh my bad i forgot to change that.

I still stand by just an unquantifiable far higher for Zetten's speed

Also the scan implies that yoryoku (aka magic power) isn't actually directly tied to its speed as Ichika mentions them as two separate things

Base Ichika's Zetten would be up to 1.26 exatons then, since her base scales above Black Asta. It's also consistent with how Asta said even Devil Union wouldn't have been enough

yeah. I realized that after the change.

The 25 exatons came from scaling Black Musha Ichika above Zetten Ichika. So removing that makes this true.

1.26 exatons

i don’t think there is a basis for scaling Ichika without Zetten to black mode tho.

it’s safer to apply the multiplier on base Asta’s value (15 Petatons). Which will still make her with Zetten a problem for Devil Union and it will also make even more sense why Black Mode could take the edge off her strikes despite being inferior. (628.8 petatons)

Although someone can just claim black mode is just that good at this point in the series

i don’t think there is a basis for scaling Ichika without Zetten to black mode tho.

it’s safer to apply the multiplier on base Asta’s value (15 Petatons). Which will still make her with Zetten a problem for Devil Union and it will also make even more sense why Black Mode could take the edge off her strikes despite being inferior. (628.8 petatons)

Although someone can just claim black mode is just that good at this point in the series
She could harm Black Asta with simple attacks even without Zetten, hell that's already on her profile

I have a lot of questions about this Zetten they use, if they can turn ki into magic power why does Asta apparently turns his ki into antimagic? This all seems really weird

I have a lot of questions about this Zetten they use, if they can turn ki into magic power why does Asta apparently turns his ki into antimagic? This all seems really weird
They seem to turn Ki into whatever power system they use. Part of Asta's training was to use this but instead of Magic, he uses it with Anti-Magic

They seem to turn Ki into whatever power system they use. Part of Asta's training was to use this but instead of Magic, he uses it with Anti-Magic
It seems the author didnt put much thought into this Asta's power comes from Liebe but now it cames from his Life force? It kinda contradicts the verse rules. Regarding the actual OP i think the wiki has been very restrictive about multipliers eve if stated unless proven consistent they are usually ignored, and i dont remember having an accepted blog about mechanics of Ki in black clover can you guarantee that increase in ki means he/she gets proporcianally stronger?

Also if you can prove that more ki= stronger Ichika is seen as someone considered special there is no guarantee that the 40 times multiplier applies to all Zetten users because you have to prove that they have similar levels of magic and ki considering that those attacks use both of them

I agree with everything with the exception of the multiplier value "many" can refer to anything above one in this case I believe the multiplier value should be 20x.

I agree with everything with the exception of the multiplier value "many" can refer to anything above one in this case I believe the multiplier value should be 20x.

Several means more than β€œ2 but not many”.
So it makes sense why many would be 4.

Also if you can prove that more ki= stronger Ichika is seen as someone considered special there is no guarantee that the 40 times multiplier applies to all Zetten users because you have to prove that they have similar levels of magic and ki considering that those attacks use both of them
Chapter 343. Devil Union Asta vs. Ichika. They even mention that they're both equal and that the match will be decided on how they use Zetten
It seems the author didnt put much thought into this Asta's power comes from Liebe but now it cames from his Life force? It kinda contradicts the verse rules. Regarding the actual OP i think the wiki has been very restrictive about multipliers eve if stated unless proven consistent they are usually ignored, and i dont remember having an accepted blog about mechanics of Ki in black clover can you guarantee that increase in ki means he/she gets proporcianally stronger?
Ki gets turned into power. It's that simple, so there's no "author didn't put much thought into this" to be had here. And yes, it can be guaranteed, because Zetten can one-shot opponents that could harm them without Zetten. An example would be the Ryuzen 7 vs. the Five-Headed Dragon

Many is accepted as at least 4x, so no, it will be 40x. The definition of "several" for instance is more than 2 but not many, so we accepted several as at least 3 since it's more than two, and since many is more than several, it's at least 4

Chapter 343. Devil Union Asta vs. Ichika. They even mention that they're both equal and that the match will be decided on how they use Zetten

Ki gets turned into power. It's that simple, so there's no "author didn't put much thought into this" to be had here. And yes, it can be guaranteed, because Zetten can one-shot opponents that could harm them without Zetten. An example would be the Ryuzen 7 vs. the Five-Headed Dragon

I just wanted you to reply to him cuz when he started bashing the author I just didn’t want to reply cuz I lost my temper a bit.

Life force is used to generate magic power. Asta, despite having life force, cannot generate magic power. But, he takes anti-magic power from his devil. It has been stated and shown a plethora of times that anti-magic energy, while different from mana, is still very similar to it. He even had a training arc where someone said he should use similar training principles as mages to gain better control of his power. He followed these principles, and it worked. Because Asta has life force, and can take anti-magic energy from his devil, he can perform Zetten. So no, actually, this doesn't contradict the rules of the verse nor does it show that the author put much thought into it. In fact, there is so much thought put into this that many people have postulated this as a possibility for years in the fandom based on breadcrumbs that Tabata has left behind.

Well I don't know much about the scaling, but Zetten being Many Tens of Times as an amp would mean it's at least 40x based on our standards, I don't know how it works with magic tho

Like it doesn't multiply magic power, but ki and life force, but yeah, the Zetten Multiplier is very direct

Well I don't know much about the scaling, but Zetten being Many Tens of Times as an amp would mean it's at least 40x based on our standards, I don't know how it works with magic tho

Like it doesn't multiply magic power, but ki and life force, but yeah, the Zetten Multiplier is very direct
It works by turning all that Ki into power and releasing it all in an instant

Mitch please come back.

Asta didnt won so scaling to asta will be hard because they dont have the same level of control over Zetten
I will be clear about this because i saw someone that was about to cut my head off, whatever i said about the author doesnt affect in nothing the thread itself even if it was a plot hole we cant go against what the author says or does.
I do think the author clearly goes a bit too far with references to other stuff.

Shouldn't Base Ichika's Zetten be 628.8 petatons instead of 1.26 exatons for being 40x her 15.72 petaton base?

Shouldn't Base Ichika's Zetten be 628.8 petatons instead of 1.26 exatons for being 40x her 15.72 petaton base?

I changed the OP again my bad.

Clover Dragon said Ichika scales to black Asta at 31.44 Petatons instead.

Back