• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bill Cipher Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
So uhhh.

None of those actually are low 2-C

Wanting to destroy reality is not a feat. I can want to destroy the world, that doesn't make me 5-B

Wanting to liberate the universe is also not a feat for the same reason. Also being able to destroy the second dimension does not at all mean you can destroy the entire universe.

Guys, let's take the thread seriously and address the issues it presents instead of dismissing it with jokes. Treat the people presenting the CRT with as much respect as they are treating you.

So far I fimd their third argument compelling (We should remove "multiversal threat" from his AP justification), and while I disagree with the first two, I have explained my reasoning instead of cracking jokes on Bill CRTs.

Paul Frank said:
Destroying Reality is Low 2-C and Ford, a super genius with multiple PH.Ds believed that was a possibility.

So your analogy does not make sense.

As for the Rift thing.

No comment for now.

The quote from the journal is "What he wants is the destruction of this reality"

It doesn't say that Bill is going to destroy our reality but that he wants our reality destroyed

So my analogy does make sense

Paul Frank said:
The quote from the journal is "What he wants is the destruction of this reality"
It doesn't say that Bill is going to destroy our reality but that he wants our reality destroyed

So my analogy does make sense
But he can do it because

A. Ford Believed it was true assuming that Bill could get a hold of the rift and/or he somehow enters the reality of the universe.

B. Time Baby said it himself.

So, no. It doesnt. You are arguing in Semantics. Arguing just because he wants to do it, therefore he must not be able to destroy our reality does not make sense. It is incredulous.

It honestly boils down if you believe if Bill could destroy the universe with or without the timerift.

I am inclined to believe it, there is multiple statements backing up from geniuses, time baby, the time force and basically everyone in the show.

So no to the downgrades for me.

the object was some sort of trigger for Bill opening the rip, since I belive someone on the other thread said that Bill's friends helped him open the rip

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
To be specific, Bill's goal wasn't to destroy reality, he planned to turn it into his own cosmic frat party.
He also claimed he wanted to 'liberate' the 3rd Dimension;

Dargoo Faust said:
didn't Bill imply "liberation" typically destroys the dimension in question? Wouldn't he survive this process?

Dargoo Faust, Bill would likely survive the liberation.

Shadow, we know the goal of Bill from himself and from Standford's. Besides, Bill lie a lot for flattery and manipulation for his goals. I believe that I linked this statement from Standford's Journal where Low 2-C was accepted.

Ah, yes, of course...

Regardless, not really agreeing. He is top of 3-A through being infinite as is, so by that point most of the contradiction are inevitably part of his PIS ridden existence.

His reasoning isn't any less acceotable than Haruhi's 2-c is.

That seems like speculation on your point. The rip was what was destroying the universe and not Bill, it doesn't seem very much implied he'd scale to it.

The destruction of reality is disputable in this context. Him destroying the reality is far more likely through the rip, which is supported by the context of the show and not by his actual self doing.

You've not proven anything in terms of reusing arguments that don't even work with how Bill functions in wanting to spread his weirdness and chaos, ruling over everything.

Edwardtruong2006 said:
"I LIBERATED MY DIMENSION"

literally shows fire burning a reality

"AND I'M HERE TO LIBERATE YOURS!"
There is nothing implying in one blow, this is likely referring to what he was planning to do to the main Gravity Falls reality. He turned that into a hellish landscape of despair through his spread of weirdness, his liberation looks to be nothing more than that.

The rip made by Bill is reverse by Bill's erasure ( it even retired in the second scans that the fate of universe depend on it success) which it should it would scale. Again, the feat would have been casual. Had it being a normal portal nothing would have been reversed like when the first whic mess with gravity didn't reverse any damadge when it stopped after Ford Pines left from it.

Again, Bill lie a lot for flattery to manipulated other. So, I rather take Ford Pines's destruction Statements (Option 2) as evidences.

So, I believe Occam's Razor would reject Bill's rip feat not scaling to him especially when there is no contradictions in it being a special abilities to himself:he did the ability casually also passively from his presence, and likewise all the changes reverted to normal after his defeat as stated by Ford.

I might as well give my 2 cents

Time Baby says "If your rip in this dimension continues, it will destroy the very fabric of existence!"

Key words: "Your Rip"

The Rip belongs to Bill, and Bill most likely created it. Bill should technically scale to this rip.

Sadistic Sleuth said:
Time Baby says "If your rip in this dimension continues, it will destroy the very fabric of existence!"

The Rip belongs to Bill, and Bill most likely created it. Bill should technically scale to this rip.
True. Likewise it was a casual from Bill and the fact all changes to reality were reversed once he was erased show that it should scale to Bill, in my view.

That in particular isn't very good reasoning, if someone plants a bomb and someone else says "Your bomb will blow up the entire museum" that doesn't mean the person himself scales to 8-C.

I'll clarify that I'm just addressing this one argument not Bill's overall rating.

Andytrenom said:
That in particular isn't very good reasoning, if someone plants a bomb and someone else says "Your bomb will blow up the entire museum" that doesn't mean the person himself scales to 8-C.
I'll clarify that I'm just addressing this one argument not Bill's overall rating.
In this case, this bomb is not made with the character's powers nor is their case like Bill's destruction that shown their feats would scale to their powers so it would a False analogy fallacy to say his or her case is similar.

Sadistic Sleuth said:

Bill made the rip by shattering the glass containing the rift. It's not his own power.

@Shadow

If Bill didn't make the rift in the first place, TB would have said "If the rip you caused" or "If the rip continues" or something along the lines of that.

The Glass was the one thing that prevented Bill's Nightmare realm from coming to our dimension. That's why

A. The glass cracks little by little

B. After Bill opens the rift, he says "THE GATEWAY BETWEEN WORLDS HAS OPENED!"

@Hammer

There is still arguments of Bill scaling (I.E, Bill not caring about the rip destroying the universe, TB stated that the Rip was Bill's, etc.)

Sadistic Sleuth said:
@Hammer
There is still arguments of Bill scaling (I.E, Bill not caring about the rip destroying the universe, TB stated that the Rip was Bill's, etc.)
TB? Huh I not sure as while TB stated the rip was supposedly Bill's, this contradict on how the rip was shown to be created in that video Shadow provided as it came from breaking the glass

Hmmmm was the Rip mentioned to be actually destroying the universe or was it for another purpose?

Again the clarifications on what the Rip actually does will be more welcome the more I question this reasoning.

Again, the Rip entered the universe when mabel broke it, not outright created it. It says in the wiki the portal created it.

Time Baby said that the rip would destroy existence.

Sadistic Sleuth said:
Again, the Rip entered the universe when mabel broke it, not outright created it. It says in the wiki the portal created it.
Time Baby said that the rip would destroy existence.
Hmmm that is true. In regards to TB's statement and according to him, I will quote him "... will destroy the very fabric of existence", but as we know now, that it wasn't Bill creating the rip. He just break a container that contain the said rift in question given how the video put it that way as shown by the video posted by Shadow.

Edit: Whoops got it mixed up on my last sentence so I corrected it on this comment of my.

Where is the evidence for the rift itself destroying reality and not Bill? Wasn't it just the means by which Bill entered reality?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back