• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Big Bad Wolf Comes To Upgrade Yume Nikki

Welp, at this point you'll have to contact staff members that aren't into the series, as this series is that... dead on the wiki.

Oh wait, Promestei is knowledgeable on the series, she likely should be asked to say something here.

I did ask her back then

And her reaction was basically just "I don't really agree but you can do whatever I guess"

So I can do whatever I guess

Well, I guess the changes can proceed for now, in lack of better options, a downgrade thread may happen later, but that's better than just letting this thread fade to dust.

I'll probably proceed with the changes soon-ish. As a heads up, the following has been mostly accepted:

-Tier 1 stuff

-Keys

-Abilities

-Storm calcs

-Destruction calcs

-Speed calcs

-Mass and hop for giants

-Downgrades

And thus is what will be implemented

Did somebody actually agree with all of this? This just seems as Saikou upgrading a bunch of obscure verses for all the wrong reasons.

There is like, no one supporting this verse.

People who actually knew the verse said yes (or were neutral) and those who were against stopped existing.

I know, Im not an expert on how we now rate Tier 1, but If anything wouldnt it be better to wait until somebody else actually analizes it? Kep and Dargoo seem to heavily oppose.

Everything but the tier 1 stuff was met with no opposition, and was approved by the people with verse knowledge

Cal and Dargoo have done the equivalent of nothing this entire thread, Kep's the only one who's given any proper form of opposition to the tier 1 stuff, but from what he said it seemed that he was only opposed to treating the characters themselves as being transcendent in stats, which isn't what Saikou was suggesting.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Cal you're part of the crowd that don't even bother answering.

So yes you do not exist in my eyes.
I have NEP then. Meanwhile, you don't have NPI.

Therefore I win.

Bobsican said:
Well, I guess the changes can proceed for now, in lack of better options, a downgrade thread may happen later, but that's better than just letting this thread fade to dust.
As I said before, there's really no issue at the moment with just applying the stuff at this point.

Except from the fact that we are upgrading like 4 verses to Tier 1 without much feedback when a ton of other ones lost or where rejected for similar reasons?

But, at the moment, we severly lack any strong reasoning for the Tiers 1, remember how Low 2-C Smash happend and we needed to reverse a lot of profiles with scaling and such? We cant just go "we can revise it later who cares" to any revision thread, let alone, a Tier 1 upgrade.

Because people actually cared about Smash' tiering.

I've been bumping this god forsaken thread for months and relevant people mostly all answered.

I'm not gonna bump that endlessly to seek nonexistent input.

And? That doesnt justify the upgrades, the amount of "wide/huge/important" revision threads that lack important feedback is huge, yet they dont just jump the gun and think that beacause there aint no big opposition the upgrades are fine, If anything ask them back or ask other staff like Ultima since they are more knowledgeable on the upper tiers.

If it's a minor ass verse that no one cares enough to comment, yes. We don't expect a Dragon Ball thread to have as much input as some obscure indie game 3 people knows about.

Also Ultima knew of this thread for ages and visibly never cared enough to comment. See what I mean? I can't force people to comment.

No, this is what Sera point out in his "VSBW problem" this obscure verses get a free pass on almost everything and when somebody wants to upgrade a verse to any tier they point out how this verses get to high tiers with low level reasoning and start calling double standarts, this being a obscure verse without many supporters shouldnt give it more benefit than DBZ in terms of revisions.

Again, even If nobody cares about it doesnt mean you should apply the upgrades whatsoever, keep bumping, asking staff members or just wait, again, there are a lot of big revision threads that simply dont get enough feedback but you dont see the revisions getting applied whatsoever.

It's not a matter of benefit of the doubt. It's a matter that simply not a lot of people hold enough knowledge on a specific subject to comment. Of course a small group of people changing a verse that half of the wiki is familiar with won't pass. But a verse that only a handful are? While yes you need outside input, waiting for this kind of thread to get the same input as a highly popular verse is absurd.

"Just wait and bump"

I've been doing that for months. The fact of the matter is no one cares. Not even relevant people. Messaging random admins only for them to skim and drop a half-hearted "yeah sure" is just utterly meaningless technicalities for a thread to pass at this point, because the average staff most likely won't care enough about a small verse to give an in-depth opinion.

Originally, I was going to be blunt and tell you how nobody cares enough about Yume Nikki to comment, and those that have even the smallest bit of care are expecting this to be lost to time as nobody would accept this. But like, you had your last sentence, so you already know that.

Honestly Saik If you are going to play the "obscure verse, nobody cares" card over and over as If it justify any other points, then do whatever you want, I pretty much point out the super obvious repercusions of the upgrades to Tier 1, let alone how 7-Cs jumps to High 5-A and now 3-B without much backup, while other verses get threads filled with replies just wanting to upgrade 8-Cs to High 8-C.

So basically I calced tons of stuff for these verses. The blog hasn't been evaluated yet, but I hope this thread will give attention to it.
Still hasn't been evaluated. Why is this being applied to profiles?

I've just written a recap of all the posts in the thread and will be digging through it more soon, but there's been far too little scrutiny and the changes that have been applied already should be reversed, I'll post a better summary soon.

ATM, I don't really have anything to say other than. What the **** is even going on here?

Saikou The Lewd King said:
I'll probably proceed with the changes soon-ish. As a heads up, the following has been mostly accepted:

-Tier 1 stuff

-Keys

-Abilities

-Storm calcs

-Destruction calcs

-Speed calcs

-Mass and hop for giants

-Downgrades

And thus is what will be implemented
This summary is factually incorrect.

The first three things (which I've bolded) have been accepted by LuckyEmile and Blahblah. The tier 1 stuff has been vaguely contested by some staff, but they haven't provided many arguments for their point of view.

The next three things (all of the calcs) have not been accepted. LuckyEmile wanted to wait for evaluatio but would be fine with them if they were evaluated. Blahblah didn't mention accepting them, but questioned the user of the giantess calculator. On top of that, they have not been evaluated and accepted by a calc group member.

Mass and hop from giantess was only accepted by Blahblah in the case that those beings can jump. This is an important caveat that was left out, and proof that those beings can jump hasn't been provided.

I'm not sure exactly what's covered under "downgrades", but in general, the high/low tier stuff and ability stuff is accepted (even though the dream stuff was vaguely contested by some non-knowledgeable staff), physical tiers and changes are still waiting on the calc to be accepted.

So Saikou, can you please reverse the changes to the 3-D stats?

I didn't realize the calcs still hadn't been evaluated. In that case it was definitely premature on the stat changes.

Regarding Giantess calculator stuff, here's my stances on it:

For the blobs, mass is fine, but hop AP should only be if they do so. The humanoid and animalish ones should all be fine for use of KE and stomp (since most animals are stronger and more massive than humans proportional to height).

I don't see the Dream World as just one universe, I see the twelve doors all being universes and the other parts of the Dream World connecting to those universes, making her above baseline 2-C. If Dreamy Bowser is 2-B because of similar reasons and logic, then surely Madotsuki should be 2-C as well. Also, I agree with Low 1-C Madotsuki, it's so amazing to see a Yume Nikki fan upgrading the verse! (Ó╣æ•ß┤ù•Ó╣æ)ÔÖí

Uhh, so what should we do about this? Saikou hasn't been on the wiki for almost a week now, and this kinda heavily involves him...

Back