• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yume Nikki Madotsuki CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
here is the remade profile

Justifications for the removals
Universe level+, possibly Low Multiverse level via waking up (When she wakes up, the whole Dream World is completely erased until she comes back, as her dreams vanish when she is awake. She can trigger this manually, although it is also triggered automatically when she "dies". The Dream World was shown to be similar to the real world in size several times and possesses many different worlds of unknown size)
A lot of the dreams in the dream world aren't infinite in any way, their are some which are considered infinite, such as The Infinite Wilderness, but that still wouldn't warrant a tier 2 considering nothing signifies in the game that they are qualitatively larger than an infinitely-sized 3-dimensional space. So at least High 3-A should be fine, I think.

Athlete level (Despite being simply a little girl, she was able to jump several meters into the air)
I am assuming that refers to this here, this doesn't even look like she is jumping meters into the air. keep in mind this is a woman who refuses to go outside and stays in all day with nothing but a TV and a bed, so 10-B should be fine.

Biological Manipulation (Simply touching other humans in the dream world caused them to be horrifyingly disfigured)
Pretty self-explanatory why this was removed, literally nothing besides a few creatures in a single area ever react like this, not even poniko who is a human.

this supposedly comes from madotsuki walking on mars? its a dream, why assume that this mars follows the same logic as the real life one.

Last edited:
I agreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee strongly

A lot of the dreams in the dream world aren't infinite in any way, their are some which are considered infinite (The Infinite Wilderness and The Infinite Road is the Dense Woods world) but that still wouldn't warrant a tier 2 considering nothing signifies in the game that they are qualitatively larger than an infinitely-sized 3-dimensional space. So at least High 3-A should be fine, I think.
I was once told by some people in Vs Central that creating a universe is just Low 2-C anyway. Not sure if this is true or not. If it isn't, then this whole CRT looks agreeable.

Creating a universe is only 3-A, It has to be larger than an infinitely-sized 3-dimensional space to be low 2-C, which the worlds seemingly aren't

Last edited:
The universe stuff may need more knowledgeable member to discuss. If Madotsuki could create some infinite dream, then it is safe to stay in High 3-A. I want to know if the "dream inside dream" stuff in Yume Nikki has been discussed before.

The other proposals are fine.

Looks mostly fine, tho I'm not super sure on the first part. What is "they" in "signifies in the game that they are qualitatively larger than an infinitely-sized 3-dimensional space. So at least High 3-A should be fine, I think."?

There really isn't any reasons to assume Mars is breathable or really that different from regular Mars. Sure it's a dream, but it generally follows real life properties roughly. There is no point in assuming certain aspects are not accurate for like, no real reasons.

High 3-A is kinda dumb as a rating for this kind of feat. In this context, it's an r/f difference. Seeing a 3-D world as fiction should not be some random 3-D tier. If anything it should be Tier 1 like I said before. But Tier 3 is just extremely silly.

There really isn't any reasons to assume Mars is breathable or really that different from regular Mars. Sure it's a dream, but it generally follows real life properties roughly. There is no point in assuming certain aspects are not accurate for like, no real reasons.
I mean evidently mars doesn't follow it's real life properties, madotsuki can walk on mars without a breathing apparatus or spacesuit just fine. so why assume that this mars acts like the real life one, when there's no proof that it does.
High 3-A is kinda dumb as a rating for this kind of feat. In this context, it's an r/f difference. Seeing a 3-D world as fiction should not be some random 3-D tier. If anything it should be Tier 1 like I said before. But Tier 3 is just extremely silly.
I don't see how she would be tier 1, when she wakes up she is in your average apartment room or whatever, not in some higher D space. Her waking up I don't think would be tier 1 either considering the dream world evidently doesn't seem to be that big.

"Madotsuki can walk on Mars just fine" okay but she can walk around beheaded just fine as well. Expecting her to follow normal human limitations is sorta silly. And generally, treating the Dream World as if Madotsuki MUST be a normal human only but everything else is malleable is dumb.

It's not about the real world being some higher dimensional place or some shit, it's about the real world's relationship to the Dream World. As the Dream World is what we tier for her second key, and Madotsuki's relationship with her real self is important to her moveset (it's not something outside of the narrative of the dream world), we have to tier it based on the Dream World as a base. In which case, compared to the Dream World, Madotsuki's immortality and her waking up are both minimally Tier 2.

Also the Dream World doesn't need to be big for this to be tier 1. Apparently, it's just, kind of a thing that a character seeing a realm as fiction normally includes time on the wiki now. Which would make such feats Low 1-C by default. And even if it wasn't the case, Dream Diary heavily implies the Real World is a Dream too, making Madotsuki two Dream Layers above the main game.

Is dream diary canon to the original game? It has its own profile

"Madotsuki can walk on Mars just fine" okay but she can walk around beheaded just fine as well. Expecting her to follow normal human limitations is sorta silly. And generally, treating the Dream World as if Madotsuki MUST be a normal human only but everything else is malleable is dumb.
I think madotsuki not having normal human limitations solidifies that the dream world doesn't really follow real life logic. Why say mars acts like its real life counterpart when pretty much nothing in the dream world acts like something from the real world? hell in the same mars world we literally go into a bunker to see a giant crying monster.
It's not about the real world being some higher dimensional place or some shit, it's about the real world's relationship to the Dream World. As the Dream World is what we tier for her second key, and Madotsuki's relationship with her real self is important to her moveset (it's not something outside of the narrative of the dream world), we have to tier it based on the Dream World as a base. In which case, compared to the Dream World, Madotsuki's immortality and her waking up are both minimally Tier 2.

Also the Dream World doesn't need to be big for this to be tier 1. Apparently, it's just, kind of a thing that a character seeing a realm as fiction normally includes time on the wiki now. Which would make such feats Low 1-C by default. And even if it wasn't the case, Dream Diary heavily implies the Real World is a Dream too, making Madotsuki two Dream Layers above the main game.
We still have no proof that the dream world is low 2-C in size. And the Low 1-C I disagree with, it'd be like rating the matrix machines Low 1-C.

I don't think we should use dream diary for the original madotsuki btw, for reasons stated above.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back