• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

skill addition : Tensura thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jozaysmith?

He/Him
okay, ladies and gentlemen, i bring you one of the most beautiful threads OAT in this wiki, haha, okay pleasantry ended time to be serious. Today i decided to pick up some new arguments on some stuff i just saw in slime
Firstly

Subjective reality and CM1?​

For all people with a skill i guess we can give them subjective reality warping and CM1, because they affect the root of the world by just wishing it was so, thus everything under area of influence was affected, but what's the root of the world?, that is the World language

Dream Manipulation For tops​

In the thread about luminas having dream manipulation, we all agreed tops can't have it because there's no proof everyone can perform what she performed, however ciel interfered with kagali dreams
And this obviously is just to gift her powers

okay, ladies and gentlemen, i bring you one of the most beautiful threads OAT in this wiki, haha, okay pleasantry ended time to be serious. Today i decided to pick up some new arguments on some stuff i just saw in slime
Firstly

Subjective reality and CM1?​

For all people with a skill i guess we can give them subjective reality warping and CM1, because they affect the root of the world by just wishing it was so, thus everything under area of influence was affected, but what's the root of the world?, that is the World language

Dream Manipulation For tops​

In the thread about luminas having dream manipulation, we all agreed tops can't have it because there's no proof everyone can perform what she performed, however ciel interfered with kagali dreams
And this obviously is just to gift her powers
agree for now.

CM1's justifications should be updated to be like what is on Veldora's and Veldanava's page since the justification sounds like it is just type 2 without more context. Subjective reality could be a valid but the justification should be updated to elaborate on unreality or the like being affected in the context, not just reality, as otherwise it sounds like it is just reality warping; currently, from this thread, unreality or NEP is a thing in the verse
I guess the dream manipulation could be fine.

CM1's justifications should be updated to be like what is on Veldora's and Veldanava's page since the justification sounds like it is just type 2 without more context. Subjective reality could be a valid but the justification should be updated to elaborate on unreality or the like being affected in the context, not just reality, as otherwise it sounds like it is just reality warping; currently, from this thread, unreality or NEP is a thing in the verse
Okay, that's fine. Will do

I agree with this.

About that, here it stated it brings in unreality (mentioned as nonphysical phenomena) into reality, this unreality is drawn from the user desires or mind
Pretty sure this is enough justification?

Law Manipulation, Subjective Reality and Conceptual Manipulation (Skills are, in true essence the ability to wish whatever the user desires, affecting the very fundamentals of the world, bringing in nonphysical phenomenon and turning it real, in any case the user of a skill can invoke any wish they want into the world, affecting the root of everything)

About that, here it stated it brings in unreality (mentioned as nonphysical phenomena) into reality, this unreality is drawn from the user desires or mind
Pretty sure this is enough justification?
I guess so; though. if you could include some evidence from NEP points, like about fiction, it would be more ideal.
Law Manipulation, Subjective Reality and Conceptual Manipulation (Skills are, in true essence the ability to wish whatever the user desires, affecting the very fundamentals of the world, bringing in nonphysical phenomenon and turning it real, in any case the user of a skill can invoke any wish they want into the world, affecting the root of everything)
Sure.

What make them type 1 ?
Not really
The powers impacts the root of the world
Well, their powers are gotten from it in the first place so the powers are gotten from CM1, but its function isnt CM1 it isnt type 2 CM and neither is it type 1 CM so i just left it at CM in the wordings
I guess so; though. if you could include some evidence from NEP points, like about fiction, it would be more ideal.
I will add promise land page to it, and something that includes the likes of fiction/mind or shape of it to the explanation and wordings
Okay, although left it at CM

From the profile's scans it fit CM type 2 better. It's similar to the will of the world, while type 1 will fit the creator of the verse.

Is there a thread for The Voice Of The World getting CM1?
It got CM1 naturally, it came with the profile
It gave birth to the laws of everything

It gave birth to the laws of everything
Being the source of laws and concepts is not enough. It must be independent from reality, this will be a probelm because it's the world itself. From what I see only god could qualify for CM1.

Even the profil says:
(It's the World itself, as the system it regulates everything as it is everything, from the cycle of reincarnation which transfers souls to different points in time and space, to the Laws which govern over everything[1])
and
Is the sentient embodiment of the Laws of the World or rather it's the World itself, all such as the conflicting order, cause and effect, Laws and information)

CM:
1. Independent Universal Concepts: Such concepts are completely independent from the part of reality they govern, except maybe of other concepts of this nature. These concepts shape all of reality within their area of influence and at whatever level that area exists in, and everything in it "participates" in these concepts. For example, a circular object is circular because it is "participating" in the concept of "circle-ness". In this way, the alteration of these concepts will change every object of the concept across all of their area of influence, while the opposite wouldn't affect the concept.
and
2. Dependent Concepts: Such concepts are abstract and govern all reality within their area of influence. These concepts shape everything, and changing them would either require the alteration of every object of the concept or, if manipulated directly, change all objects of the concept alongside the concept itself. These concepts, however, exist simultaneously with and are bound by the object of the concept. In this way, an abstract dependent concept can be destroyed by destroying all objects of the concept, restored by re-making an object of a previously existent concept, or changed by changing all objects of the concept across reality. This, however, does not qualify for this form of conceptual manipulation, and is rather treated as a by-product of another action akin to a "domino effect". This type of conceptual manipulation can only be obtained if the abstract concept itself is changed directly, and not by indirect methods. For example, destroying humanity and thus "ending the concept of humanity" would not qualify, while directly "ending the concept of humanity" and thus destroying humanity would qualify.
Is it independent or did it exist before the world ?

Being the source of laws and concepts is not enough. It must be independent from reality, this will be a probelm because it's the world itself. From what I see only god could qualify for CM1.

Even the profil says:

and

CM:

and

Is it independent or did it exist before the world ?
Its a system that governs the world its not technically the world in a literal sense and yeah the system exist independently from the world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back