• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Best Pokemon game

Shadowbokunohero

VS Battles
Content Moderator
ive played most of the pokemon games besides Sun and Moon so this might change, personally my favorite pokemon game is Soul Silver, the main reason being is that i never got too experience gen 2 when it first released so this was so cool to me, also totodile is one of my fav starters and the fact that after you cleared the game you can explore the kanto region aswell it was freaken awesome!!, i would like to know what your favorite pokemon game was from the main series and why . :3

Gale of Darkness, while I admit that the gameplay is rather slow, the concept and main Legendary are just so cool.

Black and White, more specifically Black because using one of the most elegant Pokémon out there is a blast and a very well done and climatic ending.

pokemon Mystery deungeon explorers of sky, it has the best story of ALL pokemon games and has a lot of memorable character and epic fights

Best mainline? BW2, substainial main game with various dude stuff like Volcarona hunting and the haunted house, side wuests if he wanna take a break like Pokestar Studios which are rather decent in their own right, PWT is good, add a above average OST and a good selection of mons to choose from and ya get a solid game. Other top tiers are Platinum (opposed to D/P which Platinum rights many of the original issues like Pokemon selection and availability and being slow as all hell) while adding more side stuff and the frontier, HG/SS despite a kinda bad level curve for being an amalgamation of various games basically even if its not obvious, and Emerald for being R/S on steroids, battle frontier, Mostly factory.

Spinoffs XD is unique and a better colosseum, explorers of sky has a top tier ost and a better than average story, at least in regards to Pokemon but if ye don't like the genre than don't bother.

Conquest isn't half bad but it's not the best, rangers is unique but it's been like a decade so I can't voice for its wuality for certainly. Also obligatory Pokemon snap mention since while being like 50 minutes long of a game it's a fun time killer.

Back