• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Berserk Discussion Thread

Flora was a powerful mage implied to have lived for an abnormally long time, and was an ally of the Skull Knight. As the guardian of one of the spirit woods feeding off the World Spiral Tree, she was a big enough threat for Griffith to send a troop of apostles to kill her without provocation when he rose to power.
I'm thinking Flora should have "higher with prep" added, since the World Tree is a srsly fuqn powerful Astral phenomenon (reality warped the entire world which is High 6-A or 5-B, and merged two planes of existence which may have different spacetimes, which could be Low 2-C), and she was holding it back with her efforts in cultivating and preserving the spirit woods

We definitely won't be getting a shonen ending lol.

The worst thing that could happen to Griffith is for him to witness his dream crumble, and for Guts and Casca to get a happy-ish ending.
My bet is that Griffith gets neutralized by having his emotions like remorse and empathy restored (likely by Farny and Schierke after mastering magic), and his psyche snaps under the strain of his sins.

Guts and Casca will never make up

Guts will never get his revenge on Griffith

We’ll never know the truth behind Skull Knight

And we’ll never know the true ending of this amazing manga...

This ******* sucks man

Words cannot describe how I'm feeling right now.......

Berserk is special to me. It is without question my favorite manga of all time, and simply one of my all time favorite pieces of media, period. It has inspired me in so many ways, and has truly touched my soul with its brilliant, well realized, and truly human characters.
This brilliant work of art has been the culmination of this man's hard work, experience, emotions, and personal growth over the course of 30 odd years, and we've been privileged enough to witness the development of the characters, and the man behind them, before our very eyes.

To call Berserk a masterpiece probably would not do it justice, or reveal all the intricacies that truly make it so special. It's definitely in the grotesque violence, cruel setting, sense of hopelessness, and epic battles; however, the true spirit of this man lies within the surreal sense of hope and the struggle to protect those you hold dear, and to never give up on a better future.
Many think of Berserk as a revenge story, with cool art and epic violence. It's not. Berserk is the story of a man bearing the harsh world he was born into, struggling to find his place in it, trying to find his purpose in life, learning to value those close to him, getting over and overcoming his personal demons, dealing with grief and depression, and trying to find peace. Berserk is the story of you, me, and all of us struggling through this world; trying to survive, thrive, and achieve our dreams. It's life.

I am truly heartbroken that I will never see all of this conclude, but more than anything, I am sad that the man will not get the chance to see his vision through to the end, and complete his Magnum Opus.
I at least take solace in the fact that perhaps Guts' character development is some form of reflection of Miura's own. In which case, perhaps he also found peace in valuing and loving those close to him, and what better ending could there be, eh?

May this legend rest in peace. Gone, but most certainly NEVER to be forgotten.

Thank you, Miura. Thank you for everything.

FB_IMG_1621504298385.jpg

I heard that the creator of hajime no ippo is having a breakdown since the news of his friend and rival muira death

He has locked himself on his room and has been crying, the family is worried and called/want to the police to take him to a hospital cus he has not eaten or drink anything since the news came out

TVtokio

I heard that the creator of hajime no ippo is having a breakdown since the news of his friend and rival muira death

He has locked himself on his room and has been crying, the family is worried and called/want to the police to take him to a hospital cus he has not eaten or drink anything since the news came out

TVtokio
It almost breaks my heart more than news of Miura's passing. Miura-sensei had a much larger impact on my life than Morikawa-sensei, being the author who got me back into anime and manga after a dry spell of a few years during Attack on Titan's anime hiatus, and helped to shape and mature my taste in media. But Miura was so much more than even that to Morikawa. His friend, his rival (so arguments can be made for best friend), and from what I've heard, was even his one-time student/assistant. It's gut-wrenching to even hear of it, of a man so hopelessly distraught by losing one of those closest to him that he shuts himself in his room and elects to wither away. I can only hope that his loved ones succeed in getting him the support he needs, and I extend my deepest sympathy and condolences to him and those closest to Morikawa-sensei and Miura-sensei. I need time to process before I can go writing a eulogy, but what I can say is: thank you, Miura, and farewell.

Yea, miura was his first ever assistant

Miura was 18 and morikawa was 19, morikawa made him redraw some of his panels and when miura showed to him morikawa was so surprised and stunned by the art and his talent, then morikawa asked to see some sketches and he was the first to see some art of Guts, he really was impressed by how much talent miura had

You're all probably well aware but in case you aren't, Battle Beast and their Berserk themed metal is a thing.
Here's what should be a playlist of a chunk.
There's some missing here (like one that's literally called "Zodd the immortal") but that should give an idea, though despite being beyond a bit cheesy, shit's still based. Beast in black (new band iirc) and Kingdom are two such examples.

Last edited:
Back