• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

ben10(omnitrix) Immeasurable speed downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
What you described is literally infinite Speed, not immeasurable
That's what I was trying to tell Reiner
Already tried and rejected, lol

Again: Speed doesn´t have any relation with higher dimensions, be it spatial or temporal
Yes. I said that speed has nothing to do with higher dimensionality or anything like that and basically it can be done with the timeline, but that's not the case here

Moving across Timeline vs 3 dimension with sheer speed.
Huh
Speed isn't defined by any number of spatial dimensions but simply distance over time. Meaning that it is possible for 1-dimensional characters to be faster than those who cover many dimensions. And the distance between two timelines is defined as the 5th dimension (Or a 4th spatial dimension) that separates two or more universes. Said distance is often unknown as it could be anywhere between much smaller than the Universal radius and infinite. But such details are only known to those who can travel through additional spatial dimensions. For that reason, crossing Universes is unquantifiable for speed unless details are specifically stated.

It is passing by time, not travelling through it via sheer speed in the same way someone like Flash does
What does that mean? It literally creates the future it's not waiting for the future to happen us who are bound by the flow of time. That said does anyone one know if personal timelines a thing or do any timelines loop in on themselves
I never said that? I just said the explosion would just need to create time
The explosion created space by expanding as per my understanding presumably it created time by expanding as well how is expanding space comparable to moving through space but expanding time not equal to moving through time

Nvm. I read one just now, it seems Zeno Erasure being treated as just temporal AoE which won't be a speed feat. Same as AX sending galaxies to timeline. If it wasn't argued as range EE (wishing) or temporal hax which is non expanding stuff then it would have been a different case. U can erase whole earth in one go by wishing is different than u erased earth from one point to other. In former case it is range, in later it is speed.

Welp, agree to disagree.
Travel to the end of an infinite space in a finite amount of time is infinite speed, there is no logic for why it would be higher

Link to thread please.

What does that mean? It literally creates the future it's not waiting for the future to happen us who are bound by the flow of time. That said does anyone one know if personal timelines a thing or do any timelines loop in on themselves
It is creating time via an explosion, not going from the past to the future via sheer speed

Fr, the "bounded by the flow of time" part of the immeasurable speed definition causes a mess in discussion

The explosion created space by expanding as per my understanding presumably it created time by expanding as well how is expanding space comparable to moving through space but expanding time not equal to moving through time
If you move through space, you will still be in the same moment in time

If you move through time, you will end in another point in time

Travel to the end of an infinite space in a finite amount of time is infinite speed, there is no logic for why it would be higher
Certainly the reason lies in points of disagreement.
I read it. Just what I said previously, hax ≠ speed. Wishing for earth to go and earth will be just Disappear is range, unlike destroying it with explosion.
That's semantics. Page states to be able to move across time with sheer speed is imm. Bigbang didn't created cosmology by, say, wishing it in existence. But it expanded from point 0 to all of cosmology. An explosion, weapon, can have it

It is creating time via an explosion, not going from the past to the future via sheer speed

Fr, the "bounded by the flow of time" part of the immeasurable speed definition causes a mess in discussion

If you move through space, you will still be in the same moment in time

If you move through time, you will end in another point in time
Yeah that's what I'm arguing it is expanding into the future it also stays in the past because it is expanding. If I inflate a balloon and have the air inside it count as part of the balloon the balloon moves into more space and still exists where it was previously.

At least that is my understanding

Yeah that's what I'm arguing it is expanding into the future it also stays in the past because it is expanding. If I inflate a balloon and have the air inside it count as part of the balloon the balloon moves into more space and still exists where it was previously.
Hoping into end of time starting from beginning by virtue of expanding/travelling.
The thing is: It doesn´t goes back and forwards in time, it just infinitely expands, the fact that the big bang is higher dimensional nulifies it necessairly needing to travel through multiple points in time

I guess my hang-up @Firestorm808 is that, regardless of how we'd characterize their movement in this timeless space, wouldn't we generally assume their movement is normal when they are in a spacetime continuum?

Agree: @Mr. Bambu @PrinceofPein @Quintessence_PE @Georredannea15 @SweetDao @ByArrow @Huesito88 @Dark_Soul20189 @Apollonir.Scale @Mayonez_king @RigelBR7 @Aolphl

Disagree: @Firestorm808 @Hellformer @OMNIVERSAL-KING @Reiner04 @Lloydblitzed @TheOrangeGuy09
Bambu changed his vote to Agreeing with possibly immeasurable.

I agree with the downgrade, the rating is fine for different reasons and should be listed as such, I reckon. I haven't read the back discussion though, so I may switch: for now, as long as my position is known, all is well.

I guess my hang-up @Firestorm808 is that, regardless of how we'd characterize their movement in this timeless space, wouldn't we generally assume their movement is normal when they are in a spacetime continuum?
To reiterate, we're discussing the "speed" of the energy wave that spans and creates the entire higher dimensional hypertimeline structure (past, present, future, etc.).

To reiterate, we're discussing the "speed" of the energy wave that spans and creates the entire higher dimensional hypertimeline structure (past, present, future, etc.).
Why does Alien X scale to it? Sorry, I'm out of the loop, but someone asked me to this thread so I am trying to assist.

I mean Omnitrix can react to the creation and alien x shouldn't be inferior to the tech or else it would make no sense for God tier beings slower than tech
Just because Alien X>Ben10 Technology does not mean that Alien It may be superior to Omnitrix in terms of AP, but this does not mean that it will also be superior in speed. There are many examples of this on the wiki.

Just because Alien X>Ben10 Technology does not mean that Alien It may be superior to Omnitrix in terms of AP, but this does not mean that it will also be superior in speed. There are many examples of this on the wiki.
That has been discussed in previous CRT so please refer that

I agree with the downgrade, the rating is fine for different reasons and should be listed as such, I reckon. I haven't read the back discussion though, so I may switch: for now, as long as my position is known, all is wewell.
So u mean that u agree with the immeasurable rating for the the different reason but think current description should be changed?

Why does Alien X scale to it? Sorry, I'm out of the loop, but someone asked me to this thread so I am trying to assist.
Alien X scales above every AP and speed feat in the verse, due to being omnipotent species. But I believe this thread is about rather Annihilarrgh and rating itself than scaling chain.

The current discussion is regarding the speed of the energy wave itself.

I thought we would be talking about scaling later, but am I to take it that you agree with the original feat being immeasurable but disagree with the current scaling justifications?

The current discussion is regarding the speed of the energy wave itself.

I thought we would be talking about scaling later, but am I to take it that you agree with the original feat being immeasurable but disagree with the current scaling justifications?
Well, I guess I'm just not intimated with the state of the discussion. I would agree broadly speaking that -- literally -- in the absence of time the "speed" of something cannot be measured and as such it is immeasurable. However as I watched the video, the energy wave moves in a manner that is comparable to the individuals around it, who -- although they are also in a timeless void -- are measured by way of their movements in a normal universe.

So, there's some friction here. On a meta level I'd just assume the writers did not concern themselves with it, the suspension of disbelief is pretty much mandatory for these sorts of things.

On the other hand, our speed page defines immeasurable speed as essentially being able to freely choose your location in both space and time. It seems strange to conclude that from this scene, but perhaps I just don't fully understand the reasoning.

Well, I guess I'm just not intimated with the state of the discussion. I would agree broadly speaking that -- literally -- in the absence of time the "speed" of something cannot be measured and as such it is immeasurable. However as I watched the video, the energy wave moves in a manner that is comparable to the individuals around it, who -- although they are also in a timeless void -- are measured by way of their movements in a normal universe.
Ben even existing there for even any sort of miniscule time is an outlier since he can't survive being close to bigbang (PIS). We only take Omnitrix reacting to bigbang and feedback survival and absorbing it as legit since that's important to lore.

So, there's some friction here. On a meta level I'd just assume the writers did not concern themselves with it, the suspension of disbelief is pretty much mandatory for these sorts of things.

On the other hand, our speed page defines immeasurable speed as essentially being able to freely choose your location in both space and time. It seems strange to conclude that from this scene, but perhaps I just don't fully understand the reasoning.
Overall, it's a Hypertimeline structure. The higher-dimensional energy wave simultaneously created and traversed infinite upon infinite standard timelines and hyper-timeline temporal dimension layers (past, present, future, etc.).

Immeasurable (Movement unbound from the flow of linear time, which cannot be measured. Given that S = D/T, if T is undefined, the speed formula cannot be applied. This is the same reason why multiple temporal dimensions also grant immeasurable speed.

The issue here is that the Omnitrix is reacting to this explosion, a bigbang that created space-time. It doesn't matter how many time dimensions this explosion creates, because no matter how many time dimensions, it is a feat of creation and we cannot treat it as a standard immeasurable speed, there is no evidence that it happens faster than time. There is nothing extra about this explosion except that it creates a hyper timeline, which is not related to immeasurable speed because it shouldn't matter how many time dimensions there are. Apart from that, there are other things that don't make sense in this scene, so it doesn't seem coherent at all.
creating a high-dimensional universe = Immeasurable speed 💀

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back