• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ben Tennyson (Ben 10) vs Luffy (One piece)

define "phasing", because that doesn't change how absolute zero would kick in if he does as much as touch big chill in that state
That's a separate issue if you wanna talk about the absolute zero then and even then Luffy can produce shockwaves and barriers which should be able to help counter-act Absolute Zero along with his own resistance to ice / cold manipulation which comes close to AZ via Kuzan.

...it's regular phasing

Pass through object phasing

You're trying to add an ability to it when it's just intangibility
No? I’m merely defining its potency.
No? Phasing through lasers isn't indication that they're Phasing is better.
It literally is.
Also read the page properly, lasers are not an inherent weakness to phasing intangibility. That depends on how the verse in particular treats them.
By default you can’t phase through lasers and the like unless proven otherwise.
Also let's not go down that road because Big Chills freezing can't even phase through shit like vibrations and soundwaves. If we wanna play the game like this then we can but know it'll only be counterintuitive to your argument here.
If we wanna play the game like this Imma start arguing Big Chill can phase through concepts, be glad I just go by the page. Btw the vibrations didn’t push the Necrofriggians, they could just hear it (because they want to hear stuff) and lost focus because of that, then they got pushed. Unless you mean something else?

If we wanna play the game like this Imma start arguing Big Chill can phase through concepts, be glad I just go by the page.
New agenda
Untitled-1.png

No? I’m merely defining its potency.
Based upon a weakness that isn't even a standard weakness.
It literally is.
It literally isn't, might wanna work on your reading comprehension there.

Phasing: The ability to phase through matter by becoming briefly intangible, sometimes through such means as vibrating one's molecules at such a speed that it becomes possible to move through physical matter. This includes doing things like altering your own density to phase through objects. However, this does not necessarily allow the user to phase through immaterial energy-based attacks.

work on your English before you wanna suggest things like this because even the page itself doesnt state lasers and or immaterial energy attacks to be a direct counter to this, this a case by case weakness. So no, Big Chills intangibility isn't better.
By default you can’t phase through lasers and the like unless proven otherwise.
Read above.
If we wanna play the game like this Imma start arguing Big Chill can phase through concepts, be glad I just go by the page.
I dont need to be glad because arguing whats on the page is the only things that matter. You also can be assured that I'll actively participate in any Ben 10 conceptual intangibility wank despite Big Chill getting ****** by soundwaves.
Btw the vibrations didn’t push the Necrofriggians, they could just hear it (because they want to hear stuff) and lost focus because of that, then they got pushed. Unless you mean something else?
Doesn't matter, it's on the wiki.

Weaknesses: Chill has to be conscious when intangible. When Big Chill is intangible, someone else who is intangible can counter his intangibility. Big Chill is able to be harmed by sound frequencies used by Ultimate Echo Echo.

Back to this, literally what is this even supposed to mean? You quite literally cannot add things that aren't on the profile or in the process of getting accepted and I can almost promise you that conceptual NPI isn't getting accepted for Ben 10 whenever said intangible characters can't even phase through literal vibrations and shockwaves.

Ben 10 doesn't nuke concepts
Irrelevant to this debate but still.....

Atomix can blow up a hole in the Robo world, Which is this big also the implication is that hyperspace is between or above the universes, which is cool cosmologically speaking. Atomix and Vilgax can hurt Aku, who is the living embodiment of Evil, giving them concept hax.

That's a separate issue if you wanna talk about the absolute zero then and even then Luffy can produce shockwaves and barriers which should be able to help counter-act Absolute Zero along with his own resistance to ice / cold manipulation which comes close to AZ via Kuzan.
"close" is not enough for absolute zero temperatures, also if he tries to punch big chill, he will be frozen by absolute zero

Irrelevant to this debate but still.....

Atomix can blow up a hole in the Robo world, Which is this big also the implication is that hyperspace is between or above the universes, which is cool cosmologically speaking. Atomix and Vilgax can hurt Aku, who is the living embodiment of Evil, giving them concept hax.

That wouldn't be conceptual hax that would just mean they interact with shitty Type 2 Abstractions which you can do normally.

"close" is not enough for absolute zero temperatures, also if he tries to punch big chill, he will be frozen by absolute zero
No? If the resistance is near enough to Absolute Zero then it would provide resistance. Absolute Zero doesn't inherently negate the resistance of comparable temperatures.

So again, your wrong here. It wouldn't help fully but would it help provide some resistance against the full brunt? Absolutely.

"Cause of Ghostfreak"

Bro how often does Ben even use Ghostfreak at that time

Luffy's putting him on the ground before he can pull out ghostfreak

That goofy wincon

No? If the resistance is near enough to Absolute Zero then it would provide resistance. Absolute Zero doesn't inherently negate the resistance of comparable temperatures.

So again, your wrong here. It wouldn't help fully but would it help provide some resistance against the full brunt? Absolutely.
I don't think Luffy can resist ice with 2-A potency

yes it does, since when absolute zero is reached there is no atomic movement anymore, this is why it has its own page, you can't resist any of it unless you resisted exactly it https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Absolute_Zero
luffy's atoms will be undone if he hits that much of a low temperature

it wouldn't help

failsafe, he will become if that is what he needs
Failsafe activates when he's about to ******* die.

If Luffy punches him and he falls to the ground, failsafe isn't activating.

When has the Omnitrix sensed "he hasn't touched me yet but I can randomly tell he's strong even without any way to sense his power, so I'm gonna use my failsafe to transform him into an intangible alien"

At this point yall are wanking the damn failsafe.

Ben isn't dying, so the failsafe is useless

yes it does, since when absolute zero is reached there is no atomic movement anymore, this is why it has its own page, you can't resist any of it unless you resisted exactly it https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Absolute_Zero
luffy's atoms will be undone if he hits that much of a low temperature.
Why thank you for the 7th grade crash course. I'm fully aware of how AZ works, you reiterating it from the page means nothing to me. The effects of AZ aren't going to be as lethal if you have a resistance comparable to the temperature of absolute Zero which Kuzan gets next to.

Also barriers have no "atoms." to effect to begin with.
it wouldn't help
It would.

Back