• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ben Tennyson (Ben 10) vs Luffy (One piece)

Big Chills intangibility is based on Phasing yes? If so then Luffy might just outright negate it if the NPI thread gets accepted for Haki users.

Also I'm gonna be that guy and ask for Ben 10 fans to further elaborate upon this "safety switch." for the omnitrix and Its functionalities. Saying that it can't counter a massive speed blitz seems like a massive NLF unless the Watch itself have infinite speed to react with. What's the best blitz it's been shown to counter?

Saying that it can't counter a massive speed blitz seems like a massive NLF unless the Watch itself have infinite speed to react with.
Speed: Infinite attack speed with its fully charged self-destruct mode and failsafe transformation speed

Read the omnitrix speed section
Fair enough lol, ngl I didn't even know the Omnitrix had a page.

The scaling does make me a tad bit confused since I'm pretty sure Ben has been knocked out before yet nobody is seemingly scaling to the infinite speed of the Omnitrix.

Fair enough lol, ngl I didn't even know the Omnitrix had a page.

The scaling does make me a tad bit confused since I'm pretty sure Ben has been knocked out before yet nobody is seemingly scaling to the infinite speed of the Omnitrix.
The failsafe wasn't needed then.

That blog that it links to is genuinely one of the ugliest blogs I've ever had the unfortunate to read.

So as long as Luffy doesn't use Ryou then a simple Buso punch and speed amps should be enough and I really doubt he's gonna resort to blowing up a rando's head from the inside.

Big Chills intangibility is based on Phasing yes? If so then Luffy might just outright negate it if the NPI thread gets accepted for Haki users.
let us not take "ifs" here, plus i am sure that this would depend on which kind of NPI that gets

Also I'm gonna be that guy and ask for Ben 10 fans to further elaborate upon this "safety switch." for the omnitrix and Its functionalities. Saying that it can't counter a massive speed blitz seems like a massive NLF unless the Watch itself have infinite speed to react with.
yes it does, that is the main thing we see it doing, reacting to an infinite speed thing

What's the best blitz it's been shown to counter?
the big bang creator of all existence, it has infinite speed for it in the profile you know

let us not take "ifs" here, plus i am sure that this would depend on which kind of NPI that gets
It's in the process of getting accepted, there are no "ifs." but only "when." and it would apply to Phasing which Big Chill seems to have.

I'm not gonna reply to your other two comments since they've been answered already.

Phasing: The ability to phase through matter by becoming briefly intangible, sometimes through such means as vibrating one's molecules at such a speed that it becomes possible to move through physical matter. This includes doing things like altering your own density to phase through objects. However, this does not necessarily allow the user to phase through immaterial energy-based attacks.

Big Chill and Ghostfreak can phase through lasers. Can Law’s sword do that?

The point is that their phasing is better than what Luffy can negate.
No? Phasing through lasers isn't indication that they're Phasing is better.

Also read the page properly, lasers are not an inherent weakness to phasing intangibility. That depends on how the verse in particular treats them.

Also let's not go down that road because Big Chills freezing can't even phase through shit like vibrations and soundwaves. If we wanna play the game like this then we can but know it'll only be counterintuitive to your argument here.

It's in the process of getting accepted, there are no "ifs." but only "when." and it would apply to Phasing which Big Chill seems to have.
define "phasing", because that doesn't change how absolute zero would kick in if he does as much as touch big chill in that state

Back