• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ben 10 Cosmology: High 1-B upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the Contumelia make new universes as experiments and invented the Annihilarrgh to create experiments/destroy things I don't see why other forms of reality also couldn't predate the Annihilarrgh.

So my position of disagreeing with the upgrade is unchanged.
I find this a bit baseless and not really much of a counter, even if other realities predated the Annihilarrgh(which is baseless), those would still exist in the space beyond. Given that it's meant to hold realities and be beyond them.
Okay so I'm taking your vote as neutral
It's disagreement tho, he's not neutral.

I find this a bit baseless and not really much of a counter, even if other realities predated the Annihilarrgh(which is baseless), those would still exist in the space beyond. Given that it's meant to hold realities and be beyond them.
Assuming that something is true without sufficient evidence is obviously fallacious
It's disagreement tho, he's not neutral.
Welp okay

Assuming that something is true without sufficient evidence is obviously fallacious

Welp okay
Don't be upset today bro. I'm remember in the past that I even try to do upgrade crt from Low 2-C Alien X to Low 1-C some admin doesn't accept that. But now Ben10 cosmology is change to 1-B. Anything can happen in future.

Don't be upset today bro. I'm remember in the past that i try to do upgrade crt from Low 2-C Alien X to Low 1-C some admin doesn't accept that. But now Ben10 cosmology is change to 1-B. Anything can happen in future.
I'm not upset. But claiming something to be objectively true without any sufficient evidence is appeal to possibility fallacy.

Since the Contumelia make new universes as experiments and invented the Annihilarrgh to create experiments/destroy things I don't see why other forms of reality also couldn't predate the Annihilarrgh.
Even if this Universe has existed prior to the Annhilarrgh that doesn't contradict Universes having different laws of physics. Along with all the other given reasons.

So my position of disagreeing with the upgrade is unchanged.
I don't see how that conclusion is meant to be a reasonable assumption. It's clearly established in the series that all universes are created by Annihilarrghs. To posit that a universe came before that doesn't have any grounding/precedent in the series.

@DarkDragonMedeus @Planck69 @Antvasima

Am I missing something? This doesn't feel right on how we're supposed to draw our conclusions on these kinds of matters.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this feels like a

Non-Sequitur

This is when someone's conclusion is not implied at all by the premise.

Example: "Goku leaves afterimages, therefore Goku is faster than light".

The person in this example starts with a true premise (Goku leaves afterimages), but then jumps to a conclusion which is in no way implied by that premise (Goku is FTL).
or

Burden of proof fallacy

This is when someone attempts to make someone else prove a claim when the burden of proof is really on them to prove it. The burden of proof is always on the positive claim, and the person who makes the claim.

Example:

"Goku is faster than light speed because you can't prove he's not!"

In this case, the person in the example makes a claim (Goku is FTL), and without providing evidence for it himself, he asks his opponent to prove him wrong. In reality, the person who made that claim would be the one required to prove it.

In this case, we have,

"Contumelia made the universes with the Annihilarrghs, therefore this universe was created before they made the Annihilarrghs."

"This universe was created before they made the Annihilarrghs because you can't prove it's not."

Qaws acknowledged that the "Annihilarrgh [is used] to create experiments," but now his conclusion is positing "but not this one" because X reason.

Last edited:
In this case, we have, "Contumelia made the universes with the Annihilarrghs, therefore this universe was created before they made the Annihilarrghs."

It's even acknowledged that the "Annihilarrgh [is used] to create experiments," but now a conclusion is positing "but not this one."
The burden is on him to prove his claim and I'm sure he can't. In such a case I'd request to continue this thread without Qawsedf. No offense to him but I hope you understand the reason 🙏

The term Dimension is separated from Universe in their own dialogue. Otherwise incalculable Universe would make zero sense. Kindly read the explanation in the OP so that it doesn't become repetitive for me.
That argument makes no sense
They don't say "We come from a universe with incalcuable dimensions"

They say we come from an incalcuable DIMENSION not plural, meaning universe.

Just because they use both universe and dimension in the same sentence doesn't mean they are making a distinction, they aren't

They don't say "We come from a universe with uncalcuable dimensions"

They say we come from an uncalcuable DIMENSION not plural, meaning universe.

Just because they use both universe and dimension in the same sentence doesn't mean they are making a distinction, they aren't
All the context implies similarity to the higher dimensionality of the Nalgians and Contumelia. Their Universe is unperceivable by lower beings. Just like the Contumelia's forms and the Nalgian's dimension.

They don't say "We come from a universe with uncalcuable dimensions"

They say we come from an uncalcuable DIMENSION not plural, meaning universe.

You're clearly ignoring the context again, let's understand this with an example:
"We are beings from 5th dimension, a glorious universe unfathomable to primitive mind such as yours"
And Then later on the technology contextualizes the higher dimensional nature as quoted in the OP, this would obviously allude a 5-D Universe otherwise using both the terms in a single sentence with higher dimensional context doesn't suit your way of interpretation.

You're clearly ignoring the context again, let's understand this with an example:
"We are beings from 5th dimension, a glorious universe unfathomable to primitive mind such as yours"
And Then later on the technology contextualizes the higher dimensional nature as quoted in the OP, this would obviously allude a 5-D Universe otherwise using both the terms in a single sentence with higher dimensional context doesn't suit your way of interpretation.
To be honest, I was thinking of stuff like that as a possible counter argument.

Like, a 5d imp would say "I am from the 5th dimension"

Even tho that makes no sense, they aren't from the "fifth dimension" they are from a place that has 5d

However, those imps have a lot more supporting evidence than 1 statement

And "the 5th dimension" is a lot more clear than "an incalcuable dimension"

All the context implies similarity to the higher dimensionality of the Nalgians and Contumelia. Their Universe is unperceivable by lower beings. Just like the Contumelia's forms and the Nalgian's dimension.
Right. I agree that it is higher dimensional
But "incalcuable" could just refer to that fact, that it is higher d

To be honest, I was thinking of stuff like that as a possible counter argument.

Like, a 5d imp would say "I am from the 5th dimension"

Even tho that makes no sense, they aren't from the "fifth dimension" they are from a place that has 5d

However, those imps have a lot more supporting evidence than 1 statement

And "the 5th dimension" is a lot more clear than "an incalcuable dimension"
There is no such word as "incalculableth" as it would be grammatically wrong so your logic would fall apart either ways

Qaws acknowledged that the "Annihilarrgh [is used] to create experiments," but now his conclusion is positing "but not this one" because X reason.
I guess ultimately it is a pretty weak reasoning on my part. Though I'm not sure how its a non-sequitur as much as the other logical fallacy. If the 5D beings predate everything and presumably made the device to create their expiermental universes, it would then follow that everything else would then also be created by them I guess.

Though then being Abstract by nature still wouldn't be changed under this assumption, since an experimental universe could still be a universe where the experiment is that abstract nature itself.

Like I said before I don't see the upgrade. But other than personal bias there's no logical foundation to it considering this discussion. So I guess High 1-B for a theoretical infinite stack of potentially higher dimensional spaces would more or less be the only conclusion I could support while being intellectually honest, even if I personally still don't buy into the idea.

EDIT: Sorta had to rewrite my last sentence after rethinking it through some more.

Though then being Abstract by nature still wouldn't be changed under this assumption, since an experimental universe could still be a universe where the experiment is that abstract nature itself.
This is again not established within the series. All we know is that each big bang Universe follows counterintuitive laws of physics so I don't see any abstraction unless and until you provide necessary evidence.

All we know is that each big bang Universe follows counterintuitive laws of physics so I don't see any abstraction unless and until you provide necessary evidence.
I already agreed with Firestorm from a debate standpoint. So I'm not really going to expand on my previous points.

Though as an aside, did you mean to write counterintuitive here? Because if you did then you already answered your own question, since the BDE I'm describing would directly fall into that category by its nature.

leave this thread to other admins.
Well there's no reason to. Since after my vote change the proposal is now accepted since that was the only think holding it up (other than Planck responding).
I appreciate your input but I think other staffs can do it better 🙏
Lol.

It's been awhile since I've been dissed so many times in one thread.

Well there's no reason to. Since after my vote change the proposal is now accepted since that was the only think holding it up (other than Planck responding).

Lol.

It's been awhile since I've been dissed so many times in one thread.
I didn't mean to diss or offend you. It was just a humble request from my side

Lol what

There's no circumstances where this isn't a diss or an offensive statement. You're saying I'm not good at my role and should leave this to other staff.

Like that's fine, I probably deserve it, but don't backtrack on it.
It is just what I believe seeing how this thread has been going. But thanks for accepting my request, it means a lot to me 🙏

@Qawsedf234

To summarize the recent discussion:

All universes are created by Annihilarrghs from voids that lack Space-Time. While each universe may have different physics, they still create an underlying Space-Time structure.

Both Ben's Universe and the Alien's Universe are created by Annihilarrghs with an underlying Space-Time Structure, not something abstract.

Would you say this is agreeable?
Can you please give your own opinion and conclude this thread?

There is no such word as "incalculableth" as it would be grammatically wrong so your logic would fall apart either ways
They could have easily said "we are from a universe with incalcuable numbers of spacial dimensions" but they didn't

They just said their dimension is incalcuable

Just because they COULD mean it in the sense of "the fifth dimension" doesn't mean they are

And honestly, if someone said "I am from the incalcuable dimension" I would not at all assume they mean that their dimension has incalcuable number of spacial axis, they could easily mean any other aspect is incalcuable

They could have easily said "we are from a universe with incalcuable numbers of spacial dimensions" but they didn't

They just said their dimension is incalcuable

Just because they COULD mean it in the sense of "the fifth dimension" doesn't mean they are

And honestly, if someone said "I am from the incalcuable dimension" I would not at all assume they mean that their dimension has incalcuable number of spacial axis, they could easily mean any other aspect is incalcuable
Circular argument buddy, you're completely ignoring what I've explained earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back