• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, DDM agreed with infinite speed.

It's just the simple act of moving them all at once in general that counts as an LS feat.
How? He said if he did it individually, then it is infinite speed, but all it once is lifting strength + range.

How? He said if he did it individually, then it is infinite speed, but all it once is lifting strength + range.
LS is just simply being able to move a mass of something. Moving a ball an inch versus a foot is LS.

Per the site, Range is a measurement that refers to how far that the attacks or abilities of a certain character, weapon, or otherwise, can efficiently reach on their/its own.

Range is just the distance. Moving a ball one foot on Mars while I'm on Earth is range.

Speed is how fast that range is accomplished. Moving a ball from me on Earth to Mars in a finite time is a speed feat.

How is LS+Range a thing?
lifting strength + range, you are moving and throwing to something, your range scale to that
LS is just simply being able to move a mass something. Moving a ball an inch versus a foot is LS.
Alright..? The person in question moved infinite galaxies mass at once, tho?
Per the site, Range is a measurement that refers to how far that the attacks or abilities of a certain character, weapon, or otherwise, can efficiently reach on their/its own.
it is... throwing speed if I am not wrong, so range scales to that
Range is just the distance. Moving a ball one foot on Mars while I'm on Earth is range.

Speed is how fast that range is accomplished. Moving a ball from me on Earth to Mars in a finite time is a speed feat.
idk how is this relevant right now but the question here is, why would he get infinite speed? He was not moving each of them, he was doing them all at once.

Even if you moved infinite galaxies all at once, as long as there is distance/time, there is speed.
I am still struggling to see how it is a speed. Hence, DDM suggested LS.

Infinite distance is false, since infinite space does not equal to distance. And time is finite as far as I can tell. So the only thing is needed to be cleared out is:

Is there infinite distance? If yes, where and in which scan?

In what way does infinite space not mean infinite distance?

Distance = 1 axis of direction.

3-D Space = 3 axes of direction.

Whether I go up, down, left, or right, it's infinite in every direction.

Infinite galaxies fill up the infinite 3-D space in all directions.

Infinite space does not necessarily mean infinite distance. While space may be infinite in size, distance is a measure of the amount of space between two points. Distance is not necessarily infinite in an infinite space.
infinite galaxies fill up the infinite 3-D space in all directions
While it is possible that there are infinite galaxies in an infinite space, the distribution of galaxies and matter in the universe is not uniform, and there may be regions of space that are relatively empty.

Infinite space does not necessarily mean infinite distance. While space may be infinite in size, distance is a measure of the amount of space between two points. Distance is not necessarily infinite in an infinite space.
You're telling us that an infinite 3-D space has a finite radius?

The less assumptive explanation is that the orbs were moving automatically. As I explained before, we are not shown nor told that Alien X is moving those orbs himself.

The video is on the original post. It should be about 2:20 or so.

You are misunderstanding my point.

I clearly state that the sum collective distance of the objects being moved is irrelevant, as in the end you are only moving those infinite objects a finite distance, that is the only distance value that matters. The distance travelled by the objects, not the additive sum of the distances they travelled. As DDM said, this is a range/lifting strength feat if anything, not a speed one.

Actions are important here, because it takes time to perform an action. If you are able to perform an infinite number of actions in a finite amount of time, that is infinite speed because you have to cover a certain distance to each time you perform an action. This is why action and distance are not divorced from each other.

Moving an infinite amount of objects, all at once, to a finite distance is not infinite speed for this reason. As you are only performing one action in a finite amount of time.
Yep you’re correct. Wow I got completely mixed up holy crap I’m sorry about that.

In my mind I hadn’t quite differed the distinction between doing this action individually in a finite amount of time (where my premise made sense) and doing it all at once (where it didn’t) cause it was kinda intuitive reasoning for me. I just needed to get a tad bit bullied out of that position by some dudes. Sorry about that lol

I still disagree with your overall premise of the argument but for this specific point yeah it’s when he moves the galaxies individually in a finite time instead not all at once like I was arguing before.

While it is possible that there are infinite galaxies in an infinite space, the distribution of galaxies and matter in the universe is not uniform, and there may be regions of space that are relatively empty.
If you have a list of all whole numbers and a list of all decimal numbers, both lists are still infinite.

You're telling us that an infinite 3-D space has a finite radius?
who... even said this. What I am saying is, that distance is a measure, it is not equivalent to space. You can have finite distance in infinite space. You are measuring from A to B.

If you have a list of all whole numbers and a list of all decimal numbers, both lists are still infinite.

Firestorm, drop it. Your comments are not making any sense.

Dread, moving an infinite number of galaxies from one to everywhere in the infinite universe is infinite speed.
At once? Ya no, if it covered infinite distance, ya. If it is individually, obviously.

At once? Ya no, if it covered infinite distance, ya. If it is individually, obviously.

who... even said this. What I am saying is, that distance is a measure, it is not equivalent to space. You can have finite distance in infinite space. You are measuring from A to B.
I don't get how is this a counter or have relevancy here. He sent a infinite number of globes from one point to everywhere in the infinite universe, two galaxies can never ever be on the same point, they always will have separation between them in the 3D space. The distance between first and infinite th galaxy will by default be infinite (as long as logic applies).

I don't get how is this a counter or have relevancy here. He sent a infinite number of globes from one point to everywhere in the infinite universe, two galaxies can never ever be on the same point, they always will have separation between them in the 3D space. The distance between first and infinite th galaxy will by default be infinite (as long as logic applies).
he is saying space and infinite are the same, and I am saying they are not.

It does not create an infinite universe. It can move galaxies in infinite space.

This is where the argument for infinite attack speed comes from.
Galaxies aren't attacks, that's just his range feat.

Alien X doesn't attack people with galaxies also we saw how the dots came from him to create the universe, they clearly moved finite distances before he did some space reality stuff to remake the Universe.

@DarkDragonMedeus

Can you please clarify your earlier statement for everyone?

"Moves an infinite number of galaxies", sounds more like Infinite lifting strength if he moved it all at once, though if some were moved like 1 by 1 or 2 by 2 but counts to infinite within a finite amount of time, that would be infinite speed.
Yes, moving infinite galaxies, in general, is a LS feat, but we're focussing on sending infinite galaxies from your body across the entire infinite space around that body.

The galaxies are in all directions. Whether it's up, down, forward, back, left, or right, it's infinite in every direction.

Do you agree that the infinite galaxies moved an infinite distance from the body to the reaches of space over a finite time to qualify for infinite speed?

Any 2 galaxy will have billions of light years separation btw, given that, infinite galaxies will by default have covers up infinite space.

@DarkDragonMedeus

Can you please clarify your earlier statement for everyone?

Yes, moving infinite galaxies, in general, is a LS feat, but we're focussing on sending infinite galaxies from your body across the entire infinite space around that body.

The galaxies are in all directions. Whether it's up, down, forward, back, left, or right, it's infinite in every direction.

Do you agree that the infinite galaxies moved an infinite distance from the body to the reaches of space over a finite time to qualify for infinite speed?
In that case, I'm not sure. I agree with that it is infinite range, and I am usually iffy when infinite range/AoE feats are treated Infinite speed feats.

Furthermore, in what manner did he transport them? It appears that he relied on his strength rather than his attack speed or overall swiftness, as he utilized his power to move them.

Furthermore, in what manner did he transport them? It appears that he relied on his strength rather than his attack speed or overall swiftness, as he utilized his power to move them.
If by strength he can send an object infinite distance away in finite time, then it's infinite attack speed.

The speed with which a attack moves is what matters, a character can attack with Stones, weapons and anything, we give them rating as per. Fiction won't say that "he did it via attack speed not strength", it's us who has to deduce it.

1. The galaxies were legit shown to move finite distance that's MFTL+
2. Galaxies are not attacks, Alien X created the galaxies and not in use for combat.
3. Just cause the universe is infinite doesn't mean anything that moves in that infinite space will grant infinite speed.
4. Alien X created the universe fully after the galaxies moved finite distances shown on panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back