• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It honestly doesn’t matter. Because Ben moved an infinite number of galaxies across the universe. And moving an infinite number of something any finite distance still results in an infinite sum amount of distance traveled
Yep, Infinite/N=Infinite

Wait, no, no. There is misunderstanding, so Alien X did not move galaxies in an infinite distance?
he did

Is it necessary for an object to cover an infinite distance to achieve infinite speed if it has an infinite quantity or a quantity of two? Or else, would it require infinite energy to move such an object, but not necessarily to achieve infinite speed.
it isn't an object, it is infinite objects

Wait, did he cover the infinite distance or not?
he did

Wait, no, no. There is misunderstanding, so Alien X did not move galaxies in an infinite distance?
Yep he did. I was just saying how even if he hadn’t it would still be infinite speed for him.
Is it necessary for an object to cover an infinite distance to achieve infinite speed if it has an infinite quantity or a quantity of two? Or else, would it require infinite energy to move such an object, but not necessarily to achieve infinite speed.
Yep. In this instance an infinite amount of distance is traveled regardless.

Let me put it like this: there are two scenarios which equally give an infinite speed rating.

Scenario 1) You move a singular object or multiple objects across an infinite distance in a finite time. The reasoning here for why this qualifies should be apparent enough.

Scenario 2) You move an infinite number of objects any distance you want in a finite amount of time. In this case, if you move each of your objects by any such distance, say 1 meter here for each object, you would still end up with a sum of an infinite distance traveled due to there being an infinite number of objects that were moved. And accomplishing this feat in any finite amount of time garners an infinite speed rating.

It just so happens that Ben accomplished both scenarios simultaneously which makes his feat even more cement worthy.
Wait, did he cover the infinite distance or not?
Yes he did. He covered the infinite distance of the universe. I was just illustrating the point that even if he hadn’t his feat would still qualify as an infinite speed feat for the reasons above.

Yep he did. I was just saying how even if he hadn’t it would still be infinite speed for him.

Yep. In this instance an infinite amount of distance is traveled regardless.

Let me put it like this: there are two scenarios which equally give an infinite speed rating.

Scenario 1) You move a singular object or multiple objects across an infinite distance in a finite time. The reasoning here for why this qualifies should be apparent enough.

Scenario 2) You move an infinite number of objects any distance you want in a finite amount of time. In this case, if you move each of your objects by any such distance, say 1 meter here for each object, you would still end up with a sum of an infinite distance traveled due to there being an infinite number of objects that were moved. And accomplishing this feat in any finite amount of time garners an infinite speed rating.

It just so happens that Ben accomplished both scenarios simultaneously which makes his feat even more cement worthy.

Yes he did. He covered the infinite distance of the universe. I was just illustrating the point that even if he hadn’t his feat would still qualify as an infinite speed feat for the reasons above.
Look, I agree with infinite speed, but it doesn't make sense to argue among ourselves right now.

All we have to do is wait for an admin

You move an infinite number of objects any distance you want in a finite amount of time. In this case, if you move each of your objects by any such distance, say 1 meter here for each object, you would still end up with a sum of an infinite distance traveled due to there being an infinite number of objects that were moved. And accomplishing this feat in any finite amount of time garners an infinite speed rating.
No, this statement is not true.

The sum of an infinite series of distances can converge to a finite value, depending on the rate at which the distances are decreasing. For example, the sum of the series 1 + 1/2 + 1/4 + 1/8 + ... converges to 2, which means that if you move an infinite number of objects each half the distance of the previous object, the total distance traveled will be finite and equal to 2 meters.

Therefore, while it is possible to move an infinite number of objects any distance you want in a finite amount of time, the resulting distance traveled and speed are not necessarily infinite.

I never actually agreed with the thread? I just disagree that the quantity hold any role in terms of speed. And respectfully, don't involve yourself if I talk with Mait, he is my best friend here. And I am not arguing with him.

No, this statement is not true.

The sum of an infinite series of distances can converge to a finite value, depending on the rate at which the distances are decreasing. For example, the sum of the series 1 + 1/2 + 1/4 + 1/8 + ... converges to 2, which means that if you move an infinite number of objects each half the distance of the previous object, the total distance traveled will be finite and equal to 2 meters.

Therefore, while it is possible to move an infinite number of objects any distance you want in a finite amount of time, the resulting distance traveled and speed are not necessarily infinite.
Well, let us use the example of the tennis balls, if you trow an infinite amount of them in one direction, unless it is in infinite speed, would they ever stop moving in that direction?

I never actually agreed with the thread? I just disagree that the quantity hold any role in terms of speed. And respectfully, don't involve yourself if I talk with Mait, he is my best friend here. And I am not arguing with him.
Immediately do not get angry little kid. I didn't steal your friend from you

Or IDK, You can do whatever you want

Immediately do not get angry little kid. I didn't steal your friend from you

Or IDK, You can do whatever you want
Someone saying “respectfully can you not involve yourself with my conversations” doesn’t particularly scream ‘anger’ to me.

Immediately responding with an insult calling that person a “little kid” however does seem to indicate some built up aggression.

I think we all need to log off this thread tbh 🗿

Well, let us use the example of the tennis balls, if you trow an infinite amount of them in one direction, unless it is in infinite speed, would they ever stop moving in that direction?
No In order for them to move continuously/non-stop over infinite distances, they must have infinite speed.

Someone saying “respectfully can you not involve yourself with my conversations” doesn’t particularly scream ‘anger’ to me.

Immediately responding with an insult calling that person a “little kid” however does seem to indicate some built up aggression.

I think we all need to log off this thread tbh 🗿
If I answer this, the subject will continue to lengthen. And I don't want to deviate from the subject

I decided to give no imput in if I agree or disagre, sinse here in the wiki we seen to agree that moving infinity objects give infinity speed (looking other profiles gave me this impression) but I personally disagee with this

Trough you can count to me with agree sinse If we look at It like the way the wiki say It work o, I would nesd to agree

It is a difficult question to answer because in reality, the tennis balls would continue to move indefinitely unless acted upon by an external force such as air resistance or friction. However, in a hypothetical scenario where objects can move at infinite speed (fiction logic), the external force would not be relevant.

It is important to note that the method by which the objects are initially set in motion could affect whether they continue to move at an infinite speed or not, and this can vary from case to case. So, it is essential not to generalize the answer without considering the specific details of the situation.

I decided to give no imput in if I agree or disagre, sinse here in the wiki we seen to agree that moving infinity objects give infinity speed (looking other profiles gave me this impression) but I personally disagee with this

Trough you can count to me with agree sinse If we look at It like the way the wiki say It work o, I would nesd to agree
On your part, there seems to be a misunderstanding.

When considering the role of infinite quantity in speed, it's important to distinguish between moving all of them at once or one at a time. The former relates to range, while the latter results in infinite speed.

Ultimately, the conclusion depends on the specific action being taken.

When he literally is.
Which you haven't shown. You haven't proved that Alien X was moving those orbs in the first place.
It's your claim he thought the universe in existence then what all that process of sending the globes was for? Occam's razor. Simplest answer is likely the right one.
The simplest explanation is that the orbs automatically moved their designated positions when Alien X recreated the universe. We don't see Alien X do anything aside from just standing there while the orbs move to create galaxies.
"Again" as if anyone is claiming that moving smth finite distance in the infinite universe is infinite speed. We are saying what has been shown, he sent the globes to their places in the universe, that includes places beyond Ben's Dimension as well, infinite has been crossed far before.
Again, it isn't shown or stated that he moved those orbs. We also don't see how he creates those other space-times, only the dimension that he is in currently. After all, you and I both agree to go by what is shown.

This would only ever apply if did not move those objects at once. Even assuming Alien X telekinetically moved those orbs, then he would still be moving them all at once. It would be a range feat, not a speed feat.

No, this isn't how it works. Again, moving every single object individually would be infinite speed since you are performing an infinite number of actions at the same time. But Alien X (once again, this is assuming he did move those orbs in the first place) did not move those orbs one by one, he moved them all at once.
Once again, moving objects across an infinite universe does not net one infinite speed automatically. You would have to prove that those objects were moved an infinite distance in the first place, and you would also have to prove that Alien X made those orbs move himself and not on their own.

Infinite space and infinite distance are not interchangeable terms, as they refer to distinct concepts.
Space and distance are fundamentally different from each other.

So, are you sure it is distance? And if yes, by which reasons (did it state in the story?)

Which you haven't shown. You haven't proved that Alien X was moving those orbs in the first place.

The simplest explanation is that the orbs automatically moved their designated positions when Alien X recreated the universe. We don't see Alien X do anything aside from just standing there while the orbs move to create galaxies.

Again, it isn't shown or stated that he moved those orbs. We also don't see how he creates those other space-times, only the dimension that he is in currently. After all, you and I both agree to go by what is shown.

This would only ever apply if did not move those objects at once. Even assuming Alien X telekinetically moved those orbs, then he would still be moving them all at once. It would be a range feat, not a speed feat.

No, this isn't how it works. Again, moving every single object individually would be infinite speed since you are performing an infinite number of actions at the same time. But Alien X (once again, this is assuming he did move those orbs in the first place) did not move those orbs one by one, he moved them all at once.

Once again, moving objects across an infinite universe does not net one infinite speed automatically. You would have to prove that those objects were moved an infinite distance in the first place, and you would also have to prove that Alien X made those orbs move himself and not on their own.
The simplest answer is that he moved them, how would they move on their own?

There are infinite galaxies, therefore he would need to move them all in an infinite amount of spaces to put them where they should be

He didn't move them all at once

Infinite space and infinite distance are not interchangeable terms, as they refer to distinct concepts.
Space and distance are fundamentally different from each other.

So, are you sure it is distance? And if yes, by which reasons (did it state in the story?)
Simple, there are infinite galaxies, so there are infinite places for these galaxies to be, aka an infinite distance

Did he go to each one individually and move them if he didn't move them all at once?

Simple, there are infinite galaxies, so there are infinite places for these galaxies to be, aka an infinite distance
No, it is infinite space, not infinite distance. Space gives them “place” according to your definition.

Uh….no it wouldn’t. Even moving them all at once still achieves the result of infinite distance.

Going back to the white room and tennis ball analogy I gave. If I moved each of those infinite number of tennis balls 1 meter simultaneously in all directions across the infinitely sized white room, then I’ll have moved them an infinite distance because I moved an infinite number of them. Regardless of me doing it simultaneously or not, I still moved an infinite number of them 1 meter each across every direction. Meaning an infinite number of meters in total had been traveled.

I’m not taking about actions though. I’m specifically referring to distance. The distance would equate to an infinite amount regardless of the feat being performed simultaneously or not.
Moving an infinite number of objects across an infinite universe does however.

I think bro is misunderstanding something. Lets say our universe is infinite. We humans move in that infinite universe. Therefore, we have infinite attack speed-

He thinks this applies to ben 10

The simplest answer is that he moved them, how would they move on their own?
Except we don't see any indication of him controlling or moving them at all. Because of this, it's simpler to assume the orbs automatically travelled to their designated positions as part of Alien X's ability to think back the universe.
There are infinite galaxies, therefore he would need to move them all in an infinite amount of spaces to put them where they should be
Again this is assuming he did move those orbs.
He didn't move them all at once
If we look at the video, we see that the orbs were all moving at the same time. Some just reached their destination earlier.

Uh….no it wouldn’t. Even moving them all at once still achieves the result of infinite distance.

Going back to the white room and tennis ball analogy I gave. If I moved each of those infinite number of tennis balls 1 meter simultaneously in all directions across the infinitely sized white room, then I’ll have moved them an infinite distance because I moved an infinite number of them. Regardless of me doing it simultaneously or not, I still moved an infinite number of them 1 meter each across every direction. Meaning an infinite number of meters in total had been traveled.
No, if you move an infinite amount of objects a finite distance all at once, then you only get infinite range, not speed. The reason for this is that you are not performing an infinite amount of actions, you are just performing a single action.

If you were to move each object individually, then that would be infinite speed. This is because you are performing an infinite number of actions.
I’m not taking about actions though. I’m specifically referring to distance. The distance would equate to an infinite amount regardless of the feat being performed simultaneously or not.

Moving an infinite number of objects across an infinite universe does however.
This is incorrect. Moving an infinite amount of objects all at once means you only ever take a single action. The sum distance travelled by all the objects is irrelevant because of this.

Except we don't see any indication of him controlling or moving them at all. Because of this, it's simpler to assume the orbs automatically travelled to their designated positions as part of Alien X's ability to think back the universe.
no, occams razor, him moving them is the simpler, less assumptive explanation, so we go with that

Again this is assuming he did move those orbs.
read above

If we look at the video, we see that the orbs were all moving at the same time. Some just reached their destination earlier.
show me

No, if you move an infinite amount of objects a finite distance all at once, then you only get infinite range, not speed.
just want to point out that the distance here is infinite

No, if you move an infinite amount of objects a finite distance all at once, then you only get infinite range, not speed. The reason for this is that you are not performing an infinite amount of actions, you are just performing a single action.

If you were to move each object individually, then that would be infinite speed. This is because you are performing an infinite number of actions.

This is incorrect. Moving an infinite amount of objects all at once means you only ever take a single action. The sum distance travelled by all the objects is irrelevant because of this.
I…..wow….I really kinda don’t know what to say to this. Wow.

So this is wrong. I’ll start with that. All of it. Very wrong.

The bolded part of the quote is especially….wow.

So for one. Speed=distance/time

I….I cannot believe you would say that distance is irrelevant to goddamn speed of all things...but no, it’s not. It’s literally part of the equation.

Speed isn’t measured in “actions.” That word literally has no meaning here. Distance however does. It’s actually a scientific term used in the formula with its own notation. What’s the notation and formula equation for “actions?” Because I must’ve missed something in physics class let me tell you.

Anyways….I think that’s enough shenanigans from me for now.

The action is significant, @Maitreya, because performing it alone results in infinite speed, whereas doing it collectively only provides range.

@DarkDragonMedeus

Can you please help us settle the following matter:

A being is somewhere in an infinite 3-D Space. He moves an infinite number of galaxies from his body to fill said infinite space. Can we say that some galaxies moved an infinite distance?

no, occams razor, him moving them is the simpler, less assumptive explanation, so we go with that

read above
The less assumptive explanation is that the orbs were moving automatically. As I explained before, we are not shown nor told that Alien X is moving those orbs himself.
The video is on the original post. It should be about 2:20 or so.
So for one. Speed=distance/time

I….I cannot believe you would say that distance is irrelevant to goddamn speed of all things...but no, it’s not. It’s literally part of the equation.

Speed isn’t measured in “actions.” That word literally has no meaning here. Distance however does. It’s actually a scientific term used in the formula with its own notation. What’s the notation and formula equation for “actions?” Because I must’ve missed something in physics class let me tell you.

Anyways….I think that’s enough shenanigans from me for now.
You are misunderstanding my point.

I clearly state that the sum collective distance of the objects being moved is irrelevant, as in the end you are only moving those infinite objects a finite distance, that is the only distance value that matters. The distance travelled by the objects, not the additive sum of the distances they travelled. As DDM said, this is a range/lifting strength feat if anything, not a speed one.

Actions are important here, because it takes time to perform an action. If you are able to perform an infinite number of actions in a finite amount of time, that is infinite speed because you have to cover a certain distance to each time you perform an action. This is why action and distance are not divorced from each other.

Moving an infinite amount of objects, all at once, to a finite distance is not infinite speed for this reason. As you are only performing one action in a finite amount of time.

The less assumptive explanation is that the orbs were moving automatically. As I explained before, we are not shown nor told that Alien X is moving those orbs himself.
we don't need to be shown that, nothing implies that they are moving on their own, it doesn't even make sense

The video is on the original post. It should be about 2:20 or so.
the video shows the galaxies being placed one at a time

we don't need to be shown that, nothing implies that they are moving on their own, it doesn't even make sense
Nothing implies that Alien X is moving those orbs by himself either. It's something that isn't shown or stated. It's simpler to assume that the orbs are automatically going into place when Alien X made the decision to recreate the universe.
the video shows the galaxies being placed one at a time
No, some galaxies arrive at their destinations earlier than others. The orbs themselves are not moving one by one.

I thought this is range
It would be range too, yeah.

But infinite lifting strength makes sense if moved them all at once + range.

What about covering infinite distance while moving them all at once? Is this true or not?

But infinite lifting strength makes sense if moved them all at once + range.

What about covering infinite distance while moving them all at once? Is this true or not?
Yes, DDM agreed with infinite speed.

It's just the simple act of moving them all at once in general that counts as an LS feat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back