• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Because this might actually be slightly fair now: Rimuru Tempest VS. Ainz Ooal Gown

And Time Stop + Death Manipulation is by his own admission his favorite PvP strategy and fits the best under SBA.

Yobo Blue said:
And Time Stop + Death Manipulation is by his own admission his favorite PvP strategy and fits the best under SBA.
Okay, but can you link how many times he has done so in Overlord itself?

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Time Stop + Grap Heart or Instant Death.
Even if we assume he doesn't Time stop, that's literally what his character was built to do. He loves using death Manipulation in any situation possible, even if we assume he doesn't time stop.

Okay, but can you link how many times he has done so in Overlord itself?

Once. Just like every other spell he's used in battle.

Overlord has never had a actual battle that isn't tainted by some prior knowledge or non-battle ulterior motive.

Blackcurrant91 said:
Ainz starts with Grasp heart against several oponents.
And even when he doesn't, he's using the above time stop + true death or just spamming regular death.

Regardless of what specific combo of death magic you think makes the most sense for Ainz, the common factor is it's always death Manipulation.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Also, Rimuru has a resistance to magic based attacks as well.

@Blackcurrant

Where?
Most foes in Overlord do as well. Not to mention Ainz's magic stat for death is tied to his magic stat for AP , which is higher than Rimuru's.

Yeah, he will definitely start with Grasp Heart, and if it doesnt work Rimuru will get stuned regardless, leaving an opening for Ainz to cast whatever death spell he wants.

Yobo Blue said:
Overlord has never had a actual battle that isn't tainted by some prior knowledge or non-battle ulterior motive.
"Ainz never had a real battle without knowing of his opponent beforehand you know! That's why he will use time-stop!" Is what I'm interpreting here, please tell me that is not what you're saying.

I'll wait for those more well versed in TSSDK. But I am pretty sure Rimuru at this point would go with Gluttony or Predator.

So this is why rimuru's profiled being separated into ln and wn became relevant?

Wn rimuru does indeed have death manipulation resistance.

Since elizahaa hasn't done it i probably should delete off his wn stuff off the profile and have tabblers linking them, doing the other like 20 profiles is too much work though, gonna leave that to elizaha since he said he would do it.

Regardless though low 7-B rimuru won't have death manipulation resistance.

"Ainz never had a real battle without knowing of his opponent beforehand you know! That's why he will use time-stop!" Is what I'm interpreting here, please tell me that is not what you're saying.

Strawman my man. Especially since it's not important here.

Celestial Pegasus said:
So this is why rimuru's profiled being separated into ln and wn became relevant?
Why are there two profiles btw? They look basically the same minus some tierings. Rimuru seems to fit more as a composite type of character to me.

@Dragon Cause from what we know, the feats are different, gii and chloe supposedly have a feat of being faster than time..., primordials are a thing, diablo was only an arc demon in the wn, in the ln he is a primordial and primordials without even being named are apparently a threat to leon.

Hinata got hard boosted to being true dragon level, various things got changed in the ln. The ln hasn't been translated far but this is based on what i have heard, primarily why i didn't wanna separate stuff until later, but ppl couldn't wait.

"Even the high-level wind magic at my command had no effect on Charybdis," Treyni recounted. "Under Magic Interference, we believe the effects of all magic are greatly reduced. What's more, the biggest difficulty lies in how it annuls any sort of flight-based magic.

Is what i got from the novel...rimuru's magic interference, along with typical magic resistance and a multilayer barrier that protects against magic and melee attacks.

I don't think this will do anything against instant death magic, and definitely not against time stop.

@Dragon ┬»\_(Òâä)_/┬»

How would work for someone like Diablo, he can't be both an arc demon and a primordial.

And if the final arc of the wn is rewritten in the ln, the ln would be even more different from the wn than it already is, i mean characters already have different backstories like diablo and from what i heard yuuki.

Also a lot of new characters in the ln that weren't there before, benimaru has a 2nd wife now apparently.

Composite or separation, either way is fine with me really though.

Celestial Pegasus said:
@Dragon ┬»\_(Òâä)_/┬»
How would work for someone like Diablo, he can't be both an arc demon and a primordial.
Not with that attitude. ovo

Although, I do see your point.

I read that the LN starts deviating heavily at vol 5 and then-on, while we don't have the later volumes, it should be supported by the images we can find from those volumes...especially with that other character who's apparently a reincarnator from a different world like Rimuru.

But this is digressing

Well if it the profiles are composite, rimuru would have death resistance which would be relevant here.

But yea this needs it's own thread. Gonna make one.

Even if you assume Rimuru's magic resistance stops Grasp Heart (which is questionable), it failing would trigger the secondary stun effect on Rimuru, and if that happened then Ainz would start going all-out with time magic and stronger death magic and the like. Grasp Heart is not Ainz's strongest death spell; he leads with it because its stun effect is useful for scouting out a foe's resistances. Until Rimuru's possible death resistance is sorted out, I'm going Ainz FRA.

Can Ainz's Instant Death effects even penetrate/bypass barriers? There isn't much info about that, at most there is Shalltear's Impure Shockwave Barrier that we can reference which is able to block things, but it's hard to say how it would scale to Rimuru's Multilayer-Barrier and I don't know if Shalltear's barrier could block instant death stuff as well, but it seems likely that it's one of the reason why Ainz waited until Shalltear used the Skill's daily uses up before using his TGOALID.

Also mind the level. Death Magic appears to operate on level differences as well. The AP gap is not that great after all. To what level would Rimuru even scale here with "At Least Low 7-B"?

If it could then Rimirru would probably have resistance to Death Manipulation in that key which he doesn't. We can't assume that it gives him resistance to Death Manip if it has no feats of doing this can we?

NeoSuperior said:
Can Ainz's Instant Death effects even penetrate/bypass barriers? There isn't much info about that, at most there is Shalltear's Impure Shockwave Barrier that we can reference which is able to block things, but it's hard to say how it would scale to Rimuru's Multilayer-Barrier and I don't know if Shalltear's barrier could block instant death stuff as well, but it seems likely that it's one of the reason why Ainz waited until Shalltear used the Skill's daily uses up before using his TGOALID.
Shalltear is undead, and so is immune to instant death in-verse. Ainz used TGOALID because he was basically out of options at that point, especially with his MP almost on zero, Shalltear healing, and Einherjar giving him trouble.

Blackcurrant91 said:
If it could then Rimirru would probably have resistance to Death Manipulation in that key which he doesn't. We can't assume that it gives him resistance to Death Manip if it has no feats of doing this can we?
The issue I am talking about here isn't on Rimuru's side, but rather on Ainz's. Can his Instant Death Magic actually penetrate/bypass anti-magic obstacles or not? It's an issue of range rather than resistances. Another question is: Is it an emission type that Rimuru can absorb with his Predator/Gluttony Skill? Of course the first time he'd be unable to do that due to timestop, but I think timestop has a cooldown? Or does it not? I don't remember the Overlord LN ever addressing this issue.

Likewise, the stuff about levels is also a limitation on Overlord's side that has to be taken into consideration due to verse equalisation. Escpacially in this scenario where the AP isn't even equal.

Apeironaxim said:
Shalltear is undead, and so is immune to instant death in-verse. Ainz used TGOALID because he was basically out of options at that point, especially with his MP almost on zero, Shalltear healing, and Einherjar giving him trouble.
Ainz mentioned something about how "it would be quite hard to win if [Shalltear] saved [her] Impure Shockwave Shield." But we never get an explanation why. The danger of her blocking even a TGOALID attack because its base Skill in this case, Cry of the Banshee, perhaps not being able to penetrate obstacles like barriers, is quite possible.

i think this is mismatch? Rimuru have nothing to bypass ainz resistance, even gluttony cannot eat Ainz since ainz have superior mana.

Yea rimuru can't absorb things stronger than him at least it's mentioned in the ln vs charybdhis, wn though is a different story but that's with beelzebub a greater skill so not relevant here anyway.

Ainz is way stronger ap wise so barriers are probably pointless, don't really see what rimuru can do against the time stop + grasp heart.

How about someone makes Diablo vs Ainz instead ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Rimuru has his magic jamming field + magic resistance imbued into barrier + magic resistance on himself. Triple-layered defenses. And that's assuming that Death Magic, which hasn't had shown any traits of ignoring, doing damage to, or penetrating through obstacles, can even REACH Rimuru through the barrier.

As for Ainz's resistances, since this is second key Rimuru, he should have Megiddo, which would be a physical attack.

Yeah but even if he resists the death portion of the spell the secondary stunning activates, although I guess it's possible he would resist that as well.

NeoSuperior said:
Rimuru has his magic jamming field + magic resistance imbued into barrier + magic resistance on himself. Triple-layered defenses. And that's assuming that Death Magic, which hasn't had shown any traits of ignoring, doing damage to, or penetrating through obstacles, can even REACH Rimuru through the barrier.
As for Ainz's resistances, since this is second key Rimuru, he should have Megiddo, which would be a physical attack.
but what can Rimuru do to kill ainz? hellfire? too late

Blackcurrant91 said:
Yeah but even if he resists the death portion of the spell the secondary stunning activates, although I guess it's possible he would resist that as well.
For the secondary effect Rimuru has Paralysis resistance in addition to the magic resistance and the magic jamming. Though I am not sure if "stun" and "paralysis" are considered the same thing, since that can vary depending on what franchise we are looking at. I am not sure whether or not this is being distinguished in the Overlordverse either.

GLHF22 said:
but what can Rimuru do to kill ainz? hellfire? too late
I just said it: Megiddo. Though that's limited to daytime (no time specified in this case) and even if Rimuru can use it, if he doesn't capitalize on it fast enough, then Ainz might catch on and use a change weather skill to make it cloudy.

Rimuru can also "eat" most emission-type attacks - which includes magic. Magic Sense and all the other skills allows Rimuru to see "invisible" attacks as well, so that wouldn't prevent him from eating them.

And Ainz has one particular problem: Since nothing is specified, this is a no-prep, no-preknowledge fight by default. Ainz is actually specifically said to be someone who shines with prep and preknowledge, but he has neither in this case.

So yea, if Ainz's initial timestop combo fails, then this might become quite a situational battle.

In Overlord, stun and paralysis are considered separate; stun inhibits the mind while paralysis inhibits the body. Also, I'm not sure if Rimuru could eat Ainz's spells since many of them affect the target directly without using projectiles to convey themselves.

Back