• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bayonetta Revisions: Singularity's forgotten hax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valiant_Abyss

He/Him
I would like to mention a thanks to @BayonettaxMinaj and Senzu on discord who helped with a lot of this as well as several others on discord.

Powers for all keys:​

The following are all general abilities of singularity that should apply to all his keys since they are abilities that are either shown off throughout the story before singularity reveals his first combat form or are taken from in game descriptions that do not mention or appear in the bio of a specific form. Some of these abilities do come from Bayonetta Origins, where he appears as his definition form, however I put these as going with his general abilities since he is obviously much weaker than he was at any point in Bayo 3 due to his resurrection so it's reasonable to assume everything he can do in this weakened state should apply to all his other keys.

Powers Scaling from his subordinates:​

Singularity should be able to scale from the abilities of other homunculi in the game considering he is their all powerful reality warping creator. Given that all homunculi, including singularity are made up nanotechnology, he should have all the same capabilities as them. If that's not proof enough, the scan for the next ability directly states that said ability was given by singularity himself.

Singularity Definition:​

That's all.
Agree: @BayonettaxMinaj, @Shadow-Ragna, @Milly_Rocking_Bandit @Theglassman12, @Comicgyal, @Senzulean, @Strife304, @DarkDragonMedeus, @UchihaSlayer96
Disagree:
Neutral:

Last edited:
You should get rid of the DeepL bot translation and just keep the human translation for the HDE. It feels redundant and we predominantly don't use MTL for our scans in japanese.

The scans for fate and causality hax seems a bit too vague, do you have any other showcase of the phenomena affirmation that's more explicit than this? As for Jeanne seeing the future, I don't really see how that would translate to fate hax and not just well... seeing a premonition.

I think you posted the wrong scan for poison scaling cause the description just talks about wind generation.

Resurrection should be considered possible if it's not clear.

Everything else looks fine.

You should get rid of the DeepL bot translation and just keep the human translation for the HDE. It feels redundant and we predominantly don't use MTL for our scans in japanese.
Fair enough.
The scans for fate and causality hax seems a bit too vague, do you have any other showcase of the phenomena affirmation that's more explicit than this?
I’ll see if I can find more but the scans I put show singularity stating multiple times very clearly that he possesses the ability to predetermine and control outcomes and he showcases it by making his fight with both Bayonetta’s follow the exact same sequence of events.

Bayo crashes into the Statue of Liberty -> Singularity alters the battlefield -> Gomorrah faces off against the giant Homunculi -> singularity creates shockwaves leading to Bayo using witch time -> singularity resists the time slow and catches her by surprise to damage her watch -> weakens Bayo and he TK’s her to lead into the finishing blow.

The sequence of events are the EXACT same for both the variant that we see at the start of the game and the protagonist bayo showing that singularity is controlling the events of the fight to result in his victory.
As for Jeanne seeing the future, I don't really see how that would translate to fate hax and not just well... seeing a premonition.
I already mentioned the Jeanne thing as being kind of dubious supporting evidence, but you’re a little mistaken if you’re using “premonition” as the literal definition. He is showing Jeanne the exact death that does in fact happen, it’s not a ‘potential’ outcome, that is how Jeanne dies in bayo 3, and he basically tells her that he can change it.
I think you posted the wrong scan for poison scaling cause the description just talks about wind generation.
Thank you, I’ll fix it when possible
Resurrection should be considered possible if it's not clear.
No, he does resurrect, just the details of how aren’t clear. We very explicitly see him explode and collapse into a black hole and then returned as a weakened entity in the past. He just mentions something about returning through Bayos memories meaning it’s either resurrection or low godly regen.

Last edited:
If you can show that his power makes this more explicit than I can see it working.

Yeah but Jeanne being shown her death is just him being able to see into the future and sowing her a future, this would probably be alternative future display for singularity.

If that's the case then resurrection looks good.

Here’s a bit more on the Fate and Causality bits, since Glass has some gripes.

To begin with, an excerpt from his bio:
また、全ての構成世界のアーク・イヴをその体に記憶しており、 アーク・イヴと同等の力を持つ体を創造し、任意に操ることも出来る。

この存在を凌駕出来るものがこの世にあるとすれば、確定した事象さえも覆す, 唯一無二の宇宙意志だけかも知れない。

Again, it stores all the constructed world's Arc Eve in its body, creating a body equal to that of Arc Eve, arbitrarily/freely able to also manipulate it.

if there is something in this world that can surpass this existence, overturning even definitive events, might be the one and only cosmic will.

A rather blatant statement that Singularity can create definitive events, and that only a cosmic will can surpass it.

Furthermore, Singularity makes multiple statements about predetermined events, such as the one here. So i feel that fate manipulation is pretty solid there.

As for caus manipulation, from the same excerpt:

Eliminate all impure information.
Singularity's finished form in which it has completely integrated chaos energy. It has become an existence that could be viewed as the World of Chaos itself - the universe as it is recognized by mankind, that directs all logic in this world. Before that (Singularity), opposing him doesn't make sense.

Manipulating the logic/reason (in other translations) of their world is pretty textbook causality manipulation as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back