• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle Tendency Lazer Feats

ArachDusa

She/Her
So most characters in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure part 2 and onwards are listed in the Wikia to have Massively FTL reaction speeds due to two feats in part 2 where Kars and Joseph dodged and/or blocked lazers. There were some very good calculations about how moving at this speed was Massively FTL. I'm not going to say the calculations were wrong, I just think the feats themselves should be considered outliers. There are a lot of fictional works where characters dodge and block lazers like it's nothing even when the characters aren't supposed to be FTL, and most of the time these feats are regarded as outliers or PIS. I'm making this thread rather than just go and start edit JoJo character pages, so other people can understand what I'm saying and maybe make the edit themselves. If you think I'm wrong and Joseph and Kars' feats weren't outliers, feel free to explain why.

I would be inclined to agree with you.

But since Joseph has explicitly reacted to FTL stands such as Silver Chariot , I am inclined to say that the feats have been shown as consistent. If he can react to FTL attacks in his old age, I assume that he could do it in his prime.

Basically, if we scale backwards from his old age being FTL, then prime Joseph should still be FTL. That is why this feat can be considered consistent and valid.

It's very arguable that Stands (and Stand users) are not actually FTL but that's a whole other discussion. (Josuke's 200km/hr Crazy Diamond, and DIO keeping up with The World comes to mind).

Well, no. Stands being FTL has been rather consistent in JoJo.

Josuke does not have 1-1 knowledge about his stand, especially when he hasn't really had the opportunity to use it for combat purposes at that age. There are things about stands that the user does not know.

DIO has evaded Hierophant Green's emerald splash, which should be comparable to his tentacles. Said Hierophant Green was able to keep up with Star Platinum in a chase with its tentacles and even tagged him with an emerald splash.

Then why is DIO marked as Hypersonic, and only The World is FTL?

DIO himself has MFTL reactions since he only dodged the emerald splash for a few seconds before it caught back up with him, forcing him to use his hands to block the rest away.

And what about him keeping up with The World when punching the steam roller into Jotaro?

I think I'll just agree to disagree here since going into discussions about Stands and their speed would require way too much time right now.

I know there are arguments in favor of it, I just disagree with some of the conclusions. Not going to get involved today though.

Back