• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle for the 4th strongest 6-A - Edelweiss vs Commissioner R

immediately, I'm calling bullshit on the passive death hax from Edelweiss since I just noticed that

I read the scan it's from and it literally just sounds like a statement of their power compared to everyone else rather than a literal thing considering how anyone who isn't also a Desperado fought Edelweiss and lived, like Ikki and Lamberd. The former specifically was not a Desperado at the time of their fight and Lamberd literally just isn't one.

R resists willpowered based stuff on his level. Conceptual and law stuff get eaten by Greed. R can just pocket reality himself and Greed Edel upon exit.

Edelweiss specifically chose not to kill those 2.

Lamberd and Kiba were the only 2 she left alive out of the 300'000 soldiers who fought her.

She was toying with Ikki and she never intended to kill him in the first place (also this is explained in their 2nd meeting, so it's unknown if she could do the same in the first).

Stella would have died but Edel felt bad since she was Ikki's gf so she spared her life.

Hl3 or bust said:
immediately, I'm calling bullshit on the passive death hax from Edelweiss since I just noticed that
No one has ever said Edelweiss has passive death hax to begin.

Except that you can't just turn off passive abilities like that, and even if she could that gives literally 0 explanation as to why Lamberd and Kiba didn't die the instant they tried to fight her.

So, again, this type of statement as literally never given anyone passive death hax before Rakudai, and I don't see why it should here.

Ionliosite said:
Hl3 or bust said:
It's actually fate hax that leads to death hax, so yes and no i guess?

It's actually fate hax that leads to death hax, so yes and no i guess?

Exactly. It's passive fate hax and that eventually leads to death. How long does it take, however, it's a whole different matter that depends on the fate.

Sir Ovens said:
R resists willpowered based stuff on his level. Conceptual and law stuff get eaten by Greed. R can just pocket reality himself and Greed Edel upon exit.
None of those actually adress my point....

>Willpower

It's not fate, but even then how strong is it?

>Conceptual and law

Not fate.

btw, Edel's law hax is literally in no way law hax. It is at best durability negation, because there isn't even any sort of "instant death" effect outside of no one being able to survive the heart crush nor any compulsion to agree to it, so it isn't even the regular form of fake law hax.

R isn't afraid of death, because Greed would just ressurect him. Also, if Edel touches R, her powers get taken from her.

Hl3 or bust said:
btw, Edel's law hax is literally in no way law hax. It is at best durability negation, because there isn't even any sort of "instant death" effect outside of no one being able to survive the heart crush nor any compulsion to agree to it, so it isn't even the regular form of fake law hax.
R eats laws anyway so that point is moot.

Hl3 or bust said:
Except that you can't just turn off passive abilities like that, and even if she could that gives literally 0 explanation as to why Lamberd and Kiba didn't die the instant they tried to fight her.
So, again, this type of statement as literally never given anyone passive death hax before Rakudai, and I don't see why it should here.
Edelweiss can cus her "aura" is just her bloodlust. You can't turn them off, but you can hold them back.

It's fate hax, don't refer to it as death hax, cus it's more like "you're literally heading into the fate of death" by challenging desperados. And it did do that very thing to stella, but edel stopped it right before it was gonna kill stella (stella pictured her death as being sliced, so she was being sliced by literal causality, and right as it was gonna kill her Edelweiss stopped it).

You do realize that the quote you keep giving me is literally just more proof that it isn't literal, especially with your explanation. Stella didn't die because Edelweiss physically stopped the attack that was going to kill her. If she stopped just sort of the fated death, it would've happened immediately afterwards anyways. Give me a direct scan of someone dropping dead the instant they challenge a Desperado and that can't be disproven as pathetically easily as the ones you keep giving.

Death hax doesn't work on Greed because it isn't alive. It's a lab experiment gone wrong. It's barely even sentient. Only modified Greed samples are sentient.

Hl3 or bust said:
The law part stands on the "you aren't allowed to go back on your word". But that's not even combat applicable, i don't know why you're saying that.

@Sir

1. Edel doesn't need to touch R.

2. Greed would literally eat "being beyond causality". Any feats? Cus that's literally a trait of existence.

3. The death they see is how they picture themselves dying. So it would be a form of death where greed can't resurrect since R knows he can't die if greed is there.

Except that there isn't anything stopping them aside from the heart crush. Oh, I was just venting about yet another of the glaring issues with Edelweiss' page.

Edel can't even affect him in his pocket reality which is where he yeets off to in most of his fights. The fight starts and R goes into his pocket reality 4 km away from Edel where he springs out and Greeds her.

Hl3 or bust said:
You do realize that the quote you keep giving me is literally just more proof that it isn't literal, especially with your explanation. Stella didn't die because Edelweiss physically stopped the attack that was going to kill her. If she stopped just sort of the fated death, it would've happened immediately afterwards anyways. Give me a direct scan of someone dropping dead the instant they challenge a Desperado and that can't be disproven as pathetically easily as the ones you keep giving.
>Physically stopped

>Causality blades

Since when is causality physical? She just stops releasing bloodlust.

If that was impossible, then it was fine to die here.

There was no use for a life in which she couldn't fulfill her responsibility as the Royal Family.

With such a resolution to die.

But this was a very reckless action. Exactly like committing suicide.

Naturally, the blade of causality unsparingly ran to Stella's neck――――

― … I understand. It is my defeat.

Together with that amazed-sounding voice, the determination to kill given off by Edelweiss ceased

About the heart crush. I could list it as causality manipulation i guess since that's the system of the ability. The law manip is a bit outdated, but nothing much changes. People who can regen from heart crush aren't affected by it either way.

@Sir

It should still have fate.

Sir Ovens said:
Edel can't even affect him in his pocket reality which is where he yeets off to in most of his fights. The fight starts and R goes into his pocket reality 4 km away from Edel where he springs out and Greeds her.
<Knows this

<Makes thread

why

Congrats, the fate of Greed is to engulf the world and then consume itself out of existence. Guess who happens to be on the planet when that happens?

Hl3 or bust said:
Context please. "Blade of causality" means **** all on its ow
>Means **** on it's own

When it's by people who can manipulate fate and causality, i wonder what it means.

The blade of causality hewn her body.

As the distance between the two decreased, the gravitational pull of《Wings Abreast》tied to causality and end didn't seem to sway.

As edelwiess explains:

You will keep being attracted by the gravitational pull of the《Desperados》and their fate will lead you to the end of what you also have imagined.

People who face desperados will experience how they imagine their end (their death basically), for stella it was being cut, so she started getting cut by causality. Until edel decided to spare her life.

@Sir

Desperados can stop certain actions. Like how Ikki stopped Iris from escaping via despacito stuff.

Schnee One said:
<Knows this

<Makes thread

why
I'm really just making this thread to see who the 4th strongest 6-A is.

Sir Ovens said:
Congrats, the fate of Greed is to engulf the world and then consume itself out of existence. Guess who happens to be on the planet when that happens?
So it has fate?

Can get fate haxed then.

No offense but this sounds like bad fanfiction. You also didn't respond to the fact that, if Edelweiss stopped just sort of Stella's fated death, assuming this is all literal, it would've happened immediately afterwards regardless.

Considering the type of causality manip that Desperados have, no that is not an explaination. The first line literally means nothing. The second one just makes no ******* sense at all. "Gravitational pull tied to fate" is literal meaningless jargon. The final one makes as much sense as the second.

Yeah, but it's fate is to engulf the world before erasing itself out of existence. Edel would be caught in the resulting suicide.

Also how the heck would Edel know R is gonna pocket dimension himelf from 4km away?

@H13

That was also the result of her『intention』being swallowed deeply by her causality.

In other words――

― This self-direction regarding causality is a special characteristic that not only I or the《Desperado》own, but that everyone owns. You should have felt it when you confronted《Marionette King》, 《Haboob》 and the others, haven't you? It is on their backs, the fate called their death. As long as you feel their fate, you will not have the chance to escape. You will keep being attracted by the gravitational pull of the《Desperados》and their fate will lead you to the end of what you also have imagined. The beings that overcome this, and that transcended causality like me――are no other than 《Desperados》.

Why would stella die right after? Edelweiss "stopped enforcing her fate of death", she wasn't fated to die anymore after that.

@Sir

I don't think you get it, edelweiss "changes the fate" or better "enforces fate". She doesn't just go like "you're fated to do great things, yeah nice". Nobody's fated to die that soon, but she enforces the fate of death. Similarly greed being fated to destroy the world doesn't mean that fate can't be changed, unless there is something im missing, like some resistance of sorts.

Uhm. The same way Ikki knew Iris was trying to leave. This gal is more skilled than Ikki, you know, the dude who has the kind of precog we were discussing in the skilled thread.

R does resist fear and willpower manip. Everything else wouldn't touch him in his own dimension.

Back