• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle for the 4th strongest 6-A - Edelweiss vs Commissioner R

Swordsmanship describes its own knowledge, style describes its own history, and breathing describes its own principle. If one followed the branches and leaves of a sword style and arrived down at the root, then it wouldn't be hard to grasp that style's techniques and combinations, or its approach in facing different situations. This was what Ikki was saying.

"And if I can understand the style that far, I can also create techniques that outperform my opponent's."

What was the ultimate way to surpass an opponent's sword style? Simply correct all the flaws of that style to create a more perfect one, and the new would be plainly superior to the old. The new style would account for all the old style's faults, and even compensate for its weaknesses. It would eclipse its precursor in every offensive and defensive situation.

Understanding all the aforementioned things from a style results in Ikki being capable of literally creating the style from scratch perfecting it in the process. He doesn't just copy the techniques he sees, he just understands the techniques he sees to "understand" the style, which then lets him know techniques that even the user does not know (like with Ayase) or just straight up as stated create new techniques.

Oh, it wasn't because he was fast.

"Do you get it? My ability isn't something that lets me disappear like the Hunter. I become both invisible and impossible to catch! Kurogane-kun who was having trouble against such an enemy can't possibly win against me!"

"Then if I can catch Tomaru-san, will you admit defeat?"

"Haha…! Well that's if you can do it! But you can't! There's no way you can! It's unfortunate, but Kurogane-kun's Festival journey will end here! Let's go, with this supersonic speed attack…!"

By the time Ikki could no longer even grasp the after-images… Tomaru came forward with victory in mind while putting power into her fists. Moving to Ikki's blind spot, she released a strike filled with the highest amount of energy…!

"Black Bird!"

While creating a sonic boom, Tomaru aimed her fist at Ikki's back and let loose a supersonic strike.

In speed, it really surpassed Mach 2. It was truly a one shot kill strike that far surpassed the level where it could be seen with one's eyes. Forget about blocking, it was no longer possible to evade, or even react in time.

Specifically stated even by narration that she was too fast for him.

"The result was obvious. The reason why Onii-sama had a hard time against that Hunter had nothing to do with whether or not he could see him. It was because he had a long ranged bow in addition to his perfect stealth. It doesn't matter how fast she is, or if he can't see her. There's no way she will be unharmed after stepping into the field of Onii-sama's unique swordsmanship."

For someone of Ikki's level of skill, it was already a close ranged barrier of sword strikes. If there was something close by, a samurai's sharpened sixth sense will definitely react to it, no matter if it is visible or invisible, fast or slow. Failing to read that was the reason why Tomaru lost.

It was his memetic senses. He knew where she was gonna attack from.

From what I remember from both these characters. R doesn't resist fatehax but there's no possible way for Edel to kill or stop Greed from devouring the world. Greed devouring the world is very fast and I think it takes 6 seconds to do it. Edel's at best can force an inconclusive but I see Greed taking this more

However the feat of R's Greed devouring the world comes after he absorbed Ohkwang's life force and power and that key is not being used here. It can be attributed to Ohkwang's power that Greed has the capability to devour the whole world and maybe when R was still a bishop as a spy in the NOX, he can't do this yet or else he would have done it sooner because his goal was to make a new world where they are not ruled by the Gods.

He can do so whenever he likes. He is the original Greed. He only held off on devouring the world because he needed the Gods dead so he could take their power.

MrDrProfessorPatricio said:
From what I remember from both these characters. R doesn't resist fatehax but there's no possible way for Edel to kill or stop Greed from devouring the world. Greed devouring the world is very fast and I think it takes 6 seconds to do it. Edel's at best can force an inconclusive but I see Greed taking this more
Edel can fate hax Greed into not doing anything.

@Earl

Edel can maybe stop Greed from doing anything but Greed is a sentient abomination that only exist to eat everything. Edel can maybe stop Greed from doing anything but he is not defeated yet because Greed is still there and is independent with R. That's why I said Edel at best can force an inconclusive but will Greed will eventually in theory outlived Edel or devour the world

Edel "can" stop greed. She can make greed unable to act. Which would cause incap rather than inconc.

Though im somewhat tired of this, whatever the conclusion here, Rakudai still takes 4th spot cus Nene can just BFR greed.

It power nulled Uma, who doesn't have borrowed powers.

Sir Ovens said:
Suji's powernull on sight says otherwise.
Edel skill ***** her. Though again Desperado. Their power is to be an existence beyond humans. As i've explained, the mechanics are really weird on desperado cus their only "power" is acausality.

A good example would be. You can manipulate any 2D drawing any way you like. But it's not a "power" it's just something you can do as a result of existing beyond 2D. This is similar but, they don't manipulate fate as a power, it's just a result of existing beyond fate.

The God Of Procrastination said:
Higher-Dimensional Existence. Manipulating things is a power.
Yes, it's a "power" in very broad terms. It's not an ability though. Unless a power null has shown to literall turn you from 3D to 0D or from 4D to 3D then it is not assumed to do so. Because dimensional existence is not truly a power. Same for "existing beyond fate".

Earl, that's not how power nulling the Desperados would be, those are still powers, doesn't matter if they come from their own existence. Type 4 is not Type 5, Type 4 is just some resistances and Type 5 is the one that needs feats of being interacted with.

Ionliosite said:
Earl, that's not how power nulling the Desperados would be, those are still powers, doesn't matter if they come from their own existence. Type 4 is not Type 5, Type 4 is just some resistances and Type 5 is the one that needs feats of being interacted with.
Yes, but im pretty sure, that you don't "nullify type 4 acausality". Im not saying "you can't interact with them", im saying "you need feats of nullifying acausality". Same as how you need feats of nullifying non-corporeality etc. A bunch of powers have this, namely the ones which are traits of existence rather than pure ability.

An trait of one's existence is like regen, something you always have. Acausality is very distinctly not that is this case.

Either way you have not shown that Edel can mess with the entirety of Greed at once, making it entirely possible for some part of it to get around her or literally just tap her. Any contact whatsoever, possibly even with her aura alone, leads to all of her powers getting nom'd.

Yes, but im pretty sure, that you don't "nullify type 4 acausality". Im not saying "you can't interact with them", im saying "you need feats of nullifying acausality". Same as how you need feats of nullifying non-corporeality etc. A bunch of powers have this, namely the ones which are traits of existence rather than pure ability.

My point is, you don't need to nullify Acasuality Type 4 to nullify Desperado's powers, like you can null Reiatsu Crush without nullifying the very nature of a Shinigami's existence.

My point is the oposite. As edel explains desperados by nature have a very strong direction towards causality and a stronger gravitational pull of fate. Which is why the fate hax exists in the first place. It's by nature of being beyond fate that gives them these.

Or another example. You could say "he doesn't null acausality but nulls empowerment/stat amp". Except that can't exactly happen. As empowerment although a "power", is there because "they're not bound by fate and can therefore grow because nothing stops them from growing.

It's not as simple as nulling Amane Shinomiya's fate manip.

Firephoenixearl said:
My point is the oposite. As edel explains desperados by nature have a very strong direction towards causality and a stronger gravitational pull of fate. Which is why the fate hax exists in the first place. It's by nature of being beyond fate that gives them these.
I'm gonna be honet, I don't even understand what does this mean. Acausality Type 4 is a "power" apart from the others, they are not nulling the Acausality they are nulling the powers.

And yes, Edel's fate hax is way better than Amane's, but that's because it works on Type 4 Acausals who resist fate hax by nature.

The idea is acausality is the only "power". The rest come all as a result of it. If you're taller than me you can look at the top of my head. Looking at the top of my head isn't a power, it's something you gain as a virtue of being taller.

Anyway im gonna stop with this, to each their own opinion. @oven you can make Edel vs the girl you mentioned if you want.

Firephoenixearl said:
That's the idea most of the time. He gets hard countered by literally everything. He doesn't have "good compatibility". He only has bad and very bad compatibilities.
There was that one time when the opponent had a combat innaplicable ability, she just happened to hit really hard. I'd also argue that his compatability against Amane was OK.

There was that one time when the opponent had a combat innaplicable ability, she just happened to hit really hard. I'd also argue that his compatability against Amane was OK.

His compatibility against the most haxed non desperado dude in the series was ok? Ya kidding me? XD

And against edel he got skill and stat ******. It wasn't an ability but he was crushed in every regard

"Being really skilled and leaving nothing to chance" is highly effective against "everything that can go right will go right." At least more so than most other abilities in the series.

The God Of Procrastination said:
"Being really skilled and leaving nothing to chance" is highly effective against "everything that can go right will go right." At least more so than most other abilities in the series.
The only reason Ikki even stood a chance is because Amane wanted to fight in the first place. If Amane had fate haxed the fight away. Ikki would've lost by default like all the others before him. It's basically just Amane's hate for Ikki that gave ikki a chance in the first place.

Back