• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle for 5th strongest Low 7-C: Aqua vs Alex Mercer

Status
Not open for further replies.
So for the moment Im leaning on mercer, aqua isn't the brightest bulb and Im unsure if her purification works, while alex gassing/touching yeets her out of existence.

Oblivion Of The Endless said:
Btw, Beldia only survived Aqua's purification because of resistances

So I think its hax
I'm not sure about that, because when Aqua used one of her Purification attacks on him, Beldia evidently got hurt and was even in pain for a bit (so he did in fact got affected anyways). And when Aqua popped one of her more powerful sacred spells against Beldia, he got purified. I don't think it's actually hax and hax resistances if it involves higher AP... It sounds like Aqua's Purification is AP-based from the sound of it.

Aqua's purification is hax, not sure why it would be otherwise. The only reason why Beldia didn't get nuked to the heavens and back is because Beldia has special armour enchanted by both the Demon King and his own powers which allows him to no-sell Purification from normal priests. Aqua's not a "normal" priest so her Turn Undead still did a massive amount of damage to Beldia but didn't erase him because his armor had just enough resistance. It's capable of completely erasing Vanir and Wiz and since Mercer also has type 7 he'd probably be affected.

Okay.

So, does Aqua take advantage of massive range against her enemies (especially undead-like enemies)?

I've recalled that Aqua gets overly enthuastic in purifying undead enemies and repeatedly closes the distance to purify them, so I'm not sure if Aqua would stay at a massive distance to do so.

She's probably most likely to spam Turn Undead then move forwards while keeping her Turn Undead spam up.

Though I'm not sure if Mercer absorbing Aqua is the best idea. His intelligence drops to 0 instantly because Aqua's tears are enough to almost erase Wiz from existence due to her divine nature and she passively purifies shit when making coffee. Attempting to absorb that much divine power would most likely erase Mercer from existence.

Mercer's Absorption doesn't take into account of energy-based abilities (it's mainly biological and physical based), so I don't think Mercer would be worrying about absorbing Aqua's divine powers. But I guess the casual purification is still an issue.

Though Mercer is known to gas and infect in this key (as well as his strongest key), so Absorption is probably not going to play much of a factor at a range anyways when Mercer could just unleash gasses at Aqua and get her infected.

As we have mentioned, Mercer's body being undead can be argued, but the virus that inhabits Mercer's body is in fact not undead (in Prototype, the Blacklight Virus is considered to be neither living or dead), so Aqua's Purification isn't doing anything against the infection that the virus inflicts (so the gasses remains with Aqua not being able to get rid of it).

Ciruno Fortes said:
Alex is only in character on infecting others in his first key though.

Everything else is legit
>Only in-character infecting in his first key

>First key is 8-A key, the one key where it's not in-character for Mercer to lead with infection (including gasses) and stuff.

What.

Yeah but touching Aqua is straight up lethal to undead so absorption might not work out.

Still, besides Turn Undead spam (which should probably just straighy up erase Mercer in a single hit seeing how he doesn't have any resistance compared to even Wiz and Vanir and normal undead straight up just get OHK'd) another move she's just as likely to open with is Sealing which would be an instant win fot Aqua.

Ciruno Fortes said:
Gah, flipped wording. My bad lol. Meant to say second key
Second key varies from the end of Prototype 1 game to all the way to the Prototype 2 comics and when Mercer started the infection at Penn Station (which chronologically takes place before the Prototype 2 game begins), hence the "Prototype 1 end-game" can also include the Penn Station infection event. That means infection should be in-character for the second key.

It's the first key where leading with infection isn't in-character for Mercer.

You know I haven't thrown in my vote yet.

I suppose I'll vote for Aqua for now. Thought-based sealing and one-shot via Turn Undead are two very viable win conditions for Aqua that she's very likely to use in-character. Mercer gassing would take a small bit of time to cross the distance between them while Aqua's attacks have no travel time, so she'd probably win the "who-shoots-first" fight.

Edwardtruong2006 said:
Yeah but touching Aqua is straight up lethal to undead so absorption might not work out.

Still, besides Turn Undead spam (which should probably just straighy up erase Mercer in a single hit seeing how he doesn't have any resistance compared to even Wiz and Vanir and normal undead straight up just get OHK'd) another move she's just as likely to open with is Sealing which would be an instant win fot Aqua.
Okay.

Based on Aqua's profile, Sealing looks a bit weird as it can fully seal demons, but also stated that it could seal a part of someone's body or abilities otherwise. I guess it doesn't matter much because once the gasses are unleashed, Aqua would likely rush straight through the gasses to Mercer (or just stumble through them anyways because she's a clumsy idiot) and herself infected. What happens to Mercer probably doesn't prevent the infection that she would likely stumbles to.

The profile is weird, iirc she can seal non-demons entirely too.

Even if that's true, one is sick and the other is sealed/purified. Wouldn't that be inconclusive?

Edwardtruong2006 said:
The profile is weird, iirc she can seal non-demons entirely too.

Even if that's true, one is sick and the other is sealed/purified. Wouldn't that be inconclusive?
Okay.

It could be, unless the OP decides to shorten the starting distance. I honestly don't know what Aqua's purification does against the virus itself (which was considered to be neither living or dead in Prototype), and Mercer controlling the body he is inhabiting as the virus. It could be that the body gets purified, but the virus remains to wreck havoc...

Edit: Also, speaking of the infection, Mercer could just end up summoning a bunch of infected (such as the Goliath and the Evolved) with the virus and have them take Aqua down. The infected Mercer summons doesn't have Type 7 Immortality from what I can tell, so they should be fine against Aqua's purification...

Eh, Vanir isn't considered alive nor dead yet she's still capable of purifying him just fine.

I just remembered, she's also been shown to be able to purify sicknesses and poisons from a person's body so that might also work against the virus.

Edwardtruong2006 said:
Eh, Vanir isn't considered alive nor dead yet she's still capable of purifying him just fine.

I just remembered, she's also been shown to be able to purify sicknesses and poisons from a person's body so that might also work against the virus.
But Vanir is a demon/devil with Type 7 Immortality, so I'm not even sure if Purification actually works against non-Type 7 Immortal beings...

It depends if she could do it fast enough. The virus breaks down the target's body near instantaneously from what I can tell, and can take merely a few seconds to turn the targets into mindless infected.

She'll probably have to deal with the infected as well (such as the Goliath and Evoled), which doesn't have Type 7 Immortality...

Vanir isn't alive nor dead, he's kinda just a construct for the true body in hell, so he's basically a pile of rocks.

Aqua can quickly purify things with a word so she should be able to do things fast enough as she's quick to notice if things go wrong.

The infected probably just get sealed, she can still do that.

Her senses are very enhanced due to her being a goddess so I doubt stealth mastery would be a problem here, and even then I don't think she'd need to see her opponent to seal.

Edwardtruong2006 said:
Vanir isn't alive nor dead, he's kinda just a construct for the true body in hell, so he's basically a pile of rocks.

Aqua can quickly purify things with a word so she should be able to do things fast enough as she's quick to notice if things go wrong.

The infected probably just get sealed, she can still do that.
It's still weird that he gets Type 7 Immortality listed in his profile though.

Does her purification actually erase diseases and poisons out of existence though? Because I've recalled that most of the EE aspects comes from her purifying undead beings and evil spirits...

Okay.

Fun Fact: Aqua didn't have purification listed as an ability until a few seconds ago, for some reason.

Anyways, have you only watched the anime? Because her purification is capable of getting rid of those quite easily in some of the novels. So it should be enough.

Edwardtruong2006 said:
Fun Fact: Aqua didn't have purification listed as an ability until a few seconds ago, for some reason.

Anyways, have you only watched the anime? Because her purification is capable of getting rid of those quite easily in some of the novels. So it should be enough.
And her purification is an ability she does passively (likely as a nature of her being)?

Her passive purification is significantly weaker than her active purification but yes she does it passively.

Edwardtruong2006 said:
Her passive purification is significantly weaker than her active purification but yes she does it passively.
...Shouldn't this matchup be a stomp?

There's nothing Mercer can do against her passive purification. He infects her? She cures herself via purifying them. Mercer's Regenerationn? She purifies him and yeets his existence out of the way. Absorption? She still passively purifies, and her purification makes touch dangerous for Mercer. Summoning infected? She seals them all away.

Mercer has no win condition here, so this is a stomp.

Aqua can go ahead and take Mercer's place in the 5th strongest Low 7-C list. :p

Hey, at least I can now boast about the fact that Ainz now yeets Aqua because of the AP downgrade of Konosuba characters. :p

Poison = She has her hagoromo Poison is a abnormal status effect. Her passive purification isn't enough, she has to actively cast it if he it doesn't one shot her. Sealing? Mercer is a demon or undead or a pure evil entity? Not really knowledgeable on him.

Also EE is for demons, undead are just sent to the afterlife after purification but it seems verse equalization or something is going on. She can seal items, sealing people requires something to seal them in.

As I was rereading for quotes yes, yeah you're correct. Though her hagoromo should still protect her there. Also Mercer's disease takes a few seconds to settle in so she'd have enough time.

Mercer's considered an undead by his profile, so sealing Mercer should work, the virus probably not.

Also going to the afterlife would still be death/BFR so purification should work.

Muchacho mrm said:
Poison = She has her hagoromo Poison is a abnormal status effect. Her passive purification isn't enough, she has to actively cast it if he it doesn't one shot her. Sealing? Mercer is a demon or undead or a pure evil entity? Not really knowledgeable on him.
For your knowledge, Mercer is just a virus. A virus who happens to infect and reconstruct the corpse of a dead person that it then inhabits, but still a virus in the end (Mercer's Type 7 Immortality comes from basing Mercer's physical body as an undead via the original Alex Mercer's corpse getting infected by the Blacklight Virus, but the Blacklight Virus itself is not undead at all and is neither living or dead).

Anyways, I'll let you guys discuss about Konosuba stuff before I make any points.

Like I said, not really knowledgeable on Mercer but if you say so then Noodlel's point of it being a stomp should be true. I should repeat this again but sealing requires an object to seal it in. Also there is something to always keep in mind for her, that is, Aqua can be affected by poison, paralysis, sleep, curse and drain touch if she isn't paying attention even stated by her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back