• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle for 5th strongest Low 7-C: Aqua vs Alex Mercer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mercer is just everywhere on here! Now for the match itself. Can she get past his regen before being infected or consumed?

XSOULOFCINDERX said:
Mercer is just everywhere on here! Now for the match itself. Can she get past his regen before being infected or consumed?
She is supposed to have Existence Erasure via Purification against certain enemies, but I'm not exactly sure what all those "certain enemies" are and what the mechanics behind her Purification is like...

What's the mechanics behind her Purification? Is it AP-based or some kind? Does it require her to be outright stronger than the Undead in AP in order to work? Or does the Purification bypass durability and EE anyways? Because I've noticed that Aqua doesn't exactly one-shot all of the undead she comes across, as certain ones such as Beldia could survive her purification...

Isekei quartet is not canon.

Re:Zero fans would riot if their verse canonically shared setting with a parody like KonoSuba. And ofc it's not canon, it's an anime only product to begin with.

Oblivion Of The Endless said:
Mercer has type 7, so he is undead
DeathNoodles said:
What's the mechanics behind her Purification? Is it AP-based on some kind? Does it require her to be outright stronger than the Undead in AP in order to work? Or does the Purification bypass durability and EE anyways? Because I've noticed that Aqua doesn't exactly one-shot all of the undead she comes across, as certain ones such as Beldia could survive her purification...

Tony di bugalu said:
Uhhh, isn't he basically an undead?
Depends. Mercer is undead in the sense that the body that the virus inhabits was already dead when it infected it, and the virus reanimated it and reconstructed it until the virus has developed its own consciousness in the body or something like that. Mercer's body can be considered undead, but the virus itself isn't (as it's just a virus).

Unless you're doing verse equalization, I doubt erasure of existence would work here on Alex. The nature of their existence is different being magic based and the other being science based

DeathNoodles said:
Depends. Mercer is undead in the sense that the body that the virus inhabits was already dead when it infected it, and the virus reanimated it and reconstructed it until the virus has developed its own consciousness in the body or something like that. Mercer's body can be considered undead, but the virus itself isn't (as it's just a virus).
There is no body anymore, he is just a bunch of biomass with the shape of Mercer.

Tony di bugalu said:
There is no body anymore, he is just a bunch of biomass with the shape of Mercer.
I mean, yeah... But viral Mercer still originated from human Mercer's corpse as a basis...

It depends on how far you're willing to stretch the idea of Mercer being undead really. Either way, the point is that the virus itself isn't undead, though Mercer's body is arguable.

Mercer is basically like a mutant.

What Aqua does is more different in nature.

But yeah it's really up to if Verse equal is here.

Oblivion Of The Endless said:
Guys

Verse Equalization is a standard thing according to SBA
DeathNoodles said:
What's the mechanics behind her Purification? Is it AP-based or some kind? Does it require her to be outright stronger than the Undead in AP in order to work? Or does the Purification bypass durability and EE anyways? Because I've noticed that Aqua doesn't exactly one-shot all of the undead she comes across, as certain ones such as Beldia could survive her purification...

Ciruno Fortes said:
On one hand though... If it's reliant on AP then she's gonna shred through.
If you're talking about Break Spell, then I'm pretty sure that doesn't work as it pretty much is just a spell about nullifying dark magic and curses from what I can tell. Mercer isn't magic or a magical curse, so...

@Death

Mah more on the purification. I really dont think Aqua can take this but youre somehow making me think she can. Still on Team virus tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back