• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle for 10th Strongest Low 2-C, Medea vs Poseidon

So Medea passively nukes the universe.
Before that, due to her Immeasurable Reactions, she can hit Poseidon with Infinity Destroyer.

She has a fragment somewhere in the infinite Shield Hero multiverse, so nothing done to the fighting part on her will affect her true/full self.

That much as an opener.

Does Medea have any way to permanently put down Poseidon?
Infinity Destroyer also destroys all future versions. So if he, at any point in time, regenerates he will immediately be erased again. Whether you consider it incap or death is up to you, but it should let her win.

Given the lack of concept resistance it doesn't.

Given the lack of concept resistance it doesn't.
I wasn't asking whether or not it would stop the Infinite Destroyer. More asking if his resistance would allow him to living in spite of it. If the answer remains the same then I'd like to ask the activation for it.

I wasn't asking whether or not it would stop the Infinite Destroyer. More asking if his resistance would allow him to living in spite of it. If the answer remains the same then I'd like to ask the activation for it.
Yeah, the answer remains the same.
What do you mean with activation?

Immeasurable attack speed. It hits before even being launched. So faster than passive.
Just realized you already said that. Man I'm a dumbass. Whelp if his ability to live in spite of the permanent destruction of Typhon's Soul and Body isn't enough to bypass infinity destroyer, I don't see how he wins.

If the version of Medea that Poseidon is fighting was killed, what exactly would happen?

Does she just bring out another fragment from another universe and substitute out the one that was killed or does she create an entirely new version from her soul, or could she do both?

If the version of Medea that Poseidon is fighting was killed, what exactly would happen?

Does she just bring out another fragment from another universe and substitute out the one that was killed or does she create an entirely new version from her soul, or could she do both?
She could split off a new fragment. She is unlikely to ever want to go with just one fragment.
Whether she would want to have that fragment engage directly is debatable. There is a good chance that if her self in the universe is killed she would just throw attacks over multiversal distance.

She could also bring out a version from another universe, if she has one in place. I don't think it makes much of a difference?

She could split off a new fragment. She is unlikely to ever want to go with just one fragment.
Whether she would want to have that fragment engage directly is debatable. There is a good chance that if her self in the universe is killed she would just throw attacks over multiversal distance.

She could also bring out a version from another universe, if she has one in place. I don't think it makes much of a difference?
She needs powers for these tbh and seperate keys. One key for the fragment (Which is the version we see fighting), and a key for her true form.

Immortality (Type 1, 3, 6 & 9. Her true form will continue to send attacks and fragments after this fragment is destroyed) | All previous abilities except type 6 and 9 Immortality, Higher-Dimensional Existence, Large Size (Type 9), Avatar Creation

She needs powers for these tbh and seperate keys. One key for the fragment (Which is the version we see fighting), and a key for her true form.

Immortality (Type 1, 3, 6 & 9. Her true form will continue to send attacks and fragments after this fragment is destroyed) | All previous abilities except type 6 and 9 Immortality, Higher-Dimensional Existence, Large Size (Type 9), Avatar Creation
The "true form" is identical to the one we see fighting for all we know, except maybe more powerful to some unquantified extent. It doesn't have HDE or any of that stuff, cause it doesn't exist on a higher plane or anything like that.
Fragments are a soul split apart. They aren't avatars. They are all parts of the same entity in an equal fashion, just that depending on the size some are more powerful than others.
Hence having separate keys for the "true form" would be weird: With our limited knowledge it is basically exactly identical to the usual one.
Medea should rather get something like Hive Mind Type 2, I guess, for being one entity made up of many bodies with multiple minds.

The "true form" is identical to the one we see fighting for all we know, except maybe more powerful to some unquantified extent. It doesn't have HDE or any of that stuff, cause it doesn't exist on a higher plane or anything like that.
Remember the explanation that Medea just existing would destroy the world and she needed to fuse seven worlds together in order to manifest? And that was the whole point of the waves? That seems to be at least type 8 Large size and HDE.
Fragments are a soul split apart. They aren't avatars. They are all parts of the same entity in an equal fashion, just that depending on the size some are more powerful than others.
This is true, but I'm pretty sure that's still avatar creation, since she's making weaker versions of herself which don't have her memories.
Hence having separate keys for the "true form" would be weird: With our limited knowledge it is basically exactly identical to the usual one.
Medea should rather get something like Hive Mind Type 2, I guess, for being one entity made up of many bodies with multiple minds.
Only certain fragments have her memories, even though they all have a piece of her soul. So not quite hive mind.

So Medea passively nukes the universe.
Before that, due to her Immeasurable Reactions, she can hit Poseidon with Infinity Destroyer.

She has a fragment somewhere in the infinite Shield Hero multiverse, so nothing done to the fighting part on her will affect her true/full self.

That much as an opener.
would passive paralysis work on her

Basically, if it's not immeasurable, she can just blitz before it hits.

Edit:

Speed is equal here, but time travel is a function of her immeasurable speed and an in-character move.

I mean
a) Immeasurable
b) Unless it has multiversal+ range some fragment of Medea is unaffected

just to know can Kratos have a good win to her or he stomps?
From a glance at the profile he lacks Multiversal+ range, so he might have trouble getting rid of her Fragments. Don't really know his stuff well, though.

Can she interact Poseidon?
Poseidon has type 2 AE
Conceptual attacks, so yeah.

Remember the explanation that Medea just existing would destroy the world and she needed to fuse seven worlds together in order to manifest? And that was the whole point of the waves? That seems to be at least type 8 Large size and HDE.
Which is an issue of her being too powerful for a regular universe to contain. It doesn't grant HDE. HDE is... you know, a geometrical property. You don't get an extra degree of freedom of movement just because you passively destroy universes.

This is true, but I'm pretty sure that's still avatar creation, since she's making weaker versions of herself which don't have her memories.
Even those weaker versions are split parts of her soul, so I would argue it's just unequal parts of her hive mind. She doesn't create a lesser physical form which her true form controls or anything.

Only certain fragments have her memories, even though they all have a piece of her soul. So not quite hive mind.
Would argue it still qualifies. There is nothing in the hive mind description stating they all have to share memories. Multiple Selves is even listed as one possible use of Hive Mind.

If it was just because she was too powerful to exist and not and intrinsic factor of her being, why could she have fragments exist that utilized her power without destroying the world?

How is it that we disagree on almost everything when it comes to Shield Hero DT? Lol

is it possible to incap her avatar or whatever it is lol? like prevent her from moving kind of incap

edit: Also im not seeing resistance to mind manipulation. like does the Avatar, or whatever is lol, have to be killed before she can make a new one?

Edit 2: yeah that immeasurable speed will defeat any SS character currently

im only just about 30 to 45 days away from doing one of the largest total verse overhauls the wiki has every seen involving Saint Seiya. Poseidon won't be Low 2-C After that anyways.

is it possible to incap her avatar or whatever it is lol? like prevent her from moving kind of incap

edit: Also im not seeing resistance to mind manipulation. like does the Avatar, or whatever is lol, have to be killed before she can make a new one?

Edit 2: yeah that immeasurable speed will defeat any SS character currently

im only just about 30 to 45 days away from doing one of the largest total verse overhauls the wiki has every seen involving Saint Seiya. Poseidon won't be Low 2-C After that anyways.
It doesn’t have to die other version of her can just show up.

but yeah, as DT said you essentially need 2-A range to permanently incap or kill her.

edit:
And beyond just 2-A range you probably need transtemporal range as well (Range across all of time in infinite worlds)

Last edited:
so basically there isn't a way for any SS Character to put her down..... because immeasurable speed and range issues..

yeah i bleieve she should win this

If it was just because she was too powerful to exist and not and intrinsic factor of her being, why could she have fragments exist that utilized her power without destroying the world?
You mean the fragments infinitely less powerful than her and with none of her abilities?

@DontTalkDT

By the way, I was thinking that this power for her fragmented souls being split across the multiverse is actually Type 3 Acausality. I knew we had a name for it, but I forgot what it was lol.
While the result is similar, I don't think that's accurate mechanically. Like, Type 4 Acausality is for people that have that due to being acausal. It's for people who have that due to a strange relationship with cause and effect. It's for characters that have past or future versions that can act independently of the present version and stuff like that.
Medea has it simply due to splitting her soul into pieces. She also has versions of her in different universes, but the mechanism behind it is not acausality of any type.

So I still propose Hive Mind Type 2 as most accurate description of what happens.

Back