• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mori Dan (The God of Highschool) VS Poseidon (Saint Seiya) (Battle for 8th strongest Non-Smurf Low 2-C)

No No. I'm saying he only deactivates the passive to interact with lower worlds in story, since he's not trapping the humans of the world in a karmic cycle as an avatar.

He does that constantly while in his true form in Nirvana, unlike as an avatar. So it's not really "passive", it's thought-based to activate it, but it's a thought-based hax he never really turns off unless necessary, like when he's interacting with the lower world, which isn't the case here.
Ohhh okay I get what you mean then. Are we going solely based off of the profiles because Poseidon has much more hax and resistances than what’s shown on his profile due to a revision for the series not being done in forever.

Ohhh okay I get what you mean then. Are we going solely based off of the profiles because Poseidon has much more hax and resistances than what’s shown on his profile due to a revision for the series not being done in forever.
That's what I'm going off of, at least. I don't know what more hax Poseidon and other Saint Seiya characters have.

That's what I'm going off of, at least. I don't know what more hax Poseidon and other Saint Seiya characters have.
Well hax wise he doesn’t really have anything major that I can recall aside from a feat in G Requiem but I don’t think he has anything that would permanently stop Mori from sending Avatars down if the current one does loses. But he would gain Acausality type 4 and 2 and have resistances against Fate and Karma hax since those are revolved around 8th and 9th sense things. But TUO could explain that the best since he made something on fate and karma in SS but idk when he’s gonna come back

Well, to begin with, Poseidon in this key doesn't seem to have the range to permanently effect Mori, since Mori exists across several points of space-time and can project himself to either the past or the future if he wants.

Well, to begin with, Poseidon in this key doesn't seem to have the range to permanently effect Mori, since Mori exists across several points of space-time and can project himself to either the past or the future if he wants.
Would this be Poseidon vs avatar Mori and Nirvana Mori in Nirvana or Poseidon vs Nirvana state Mori? Cuz it’ll make sense if he’s fighting the Avatar just to make the fight an actual fight with if the avatar loses then he can either make another one if Poseidon has no way of affecting Mori in Nirvana

And I’m not sure if Poseidon existing outside of time(due to 8th sense) would neg Mori sending an avatar through time? I’d need someone to confirm if it’ll negate it or just nothing changes

Would this be Poseidon vs avatar Mori and Nirvana Mori in Nirvana or Poseidon vs Nirvana state Mori? Cuz it’ll make sense if he’s fighting the Avatar just to make the fight an actual fight with if the avatar loses then he can either make another one if Poseidon has no way of affecting Mori in Nirvana

And I’m not sure if Poseidon existing outside of time(due to 8th sense) would neg Mori sending an avatar through time? I’d need someone to confirm if it’ll negate it or just nothing changes
Only Nirvana Mori scales to Low 2-C, Poseidon isn't fighting any of his avatars, he's fighting Mori's true form who resides in Nirvana.

Only Nirvana Mori scales to Low 2-C, Poseidon isn't fighting any of his avatars, he's fighting Mori's true form who resides in Nirvana.
Ah then idk how it’s gonna play out. The projections thing may or may not work due to Poseidon existing outside of time and im not sure if Poseidon would really be able to attack Mori since he’s outside if all of space-time. You can argue he can depending on how someone would argue the cosmology of the verse and how the Underworld works but ehh. Has Mori ever been shown to attack anyone while he resides in Nirvana and looking down on the lower world? All I can remember is him sending down his avatar to Earth and that one scene where he’s like a gray figure when interacting with the timeline

Ah then idk how it’s gonna play out. The projections thing may or may not work due to Poseidon existing outside of time and im not sure if Poseidon would really be able to attack Mori since he’s outside if all of space-time. You can argue he can depending on how someone would argue the cosmology of the verse and how the Underworld works but ehh. Has Mori ever been shown to attack anyone while he resides in Nirvana and looking down on the lower world? All I can remember is him sending down his avatar to Earth and that one scene where he’s like a gray figure when interacting with the timeline
He hasn't shown it because nobody has fought him in Nirvana, not that he literally is unable to fight while in Nirvana.

...No? I don't see how it would at all.
Well the projections through time shouldn’t really work since Poseidon exists outside of time as for all 8th sense users. And the Fate/Karma thing shouldn’t work as 8th sense users are freed from karma and the cycle of samsara which has shown to govern all things including universes etc and Gods impose karma on humans. And they’re likely to go with since he hasn’t shown to use any of the abilities he has while in Nirvana then he can’t do it(which I mean going by the story it would make sense since he needs an avatar to do things in the physical world like seal the dimensional cracks)

And Poseidon probably don’t have a way to really harm Mori unless they argue cosmology and scale him to it which could be possible and that’s if Mori doesn’t just resist everything he has.

That’s how I assume it’ll play out due to other threads and matchups on VsBW going this route due to being in similar situations

Wait so, Mori exists in multiple points in time? Athena has feats of range for that, so I think I might be able to cook up a crt for it. Heck, even gold saints do

Last edited:
I don’t think it involves range, so I might as well upgrade the 7th sense and up characters now. It would be pretty easy since ND and GA have good feats for it

Really from what I heard Unshakable was looking to upgrade Poseidon real soon

And also I mean technically Poseidon's speed scaling is already accepted as

"Their shown physically traveling through a 2-A Multiverse where there is infinite worlds

in addition to that the universes in the underworld have several "Infinite size" statements.

So in summary they traveled through an unquantifiable amount of univeses (Possibly infinite amount of them)"

Wait so, Mori exists in multiple points in time? Athena has feats of range for that, so I think I might be able to cook up a crt for it. Heck, even gold saints do
Nah it’s not that. Basically you remember how Dysomnia and Shaka was in a space were they can view all of creation from the past to the future? Basically Mori is that, except he can interact with the world unlike them. In Nirvana he can see all of creation from the past to the future etc and he can interact with those points in time

I think this is just an issue of the profiles not being up to date. Because Poseidon has no resistance to any of Mori's Fate hax or the range to effect him rn.

So with the current profiles Mori stomps anyway

Yeah Poseidon’s and pretty much all of Saint Seiya is extremely ood and need to be revised
Indeed it is, Unshakable is about to realize a blog that she's been working on for years in about a month and is lookin to upgrade Poseidon and such.

I think we can put this match on hold, then, until Saint Seiya profiles are updated properly to current standards.

I think we can put this match on hold, then, until Saint Seiya profiles are updated properly to current standards.
i had to call off work due to being sick. the last few days i been getting home super late and needing to go to bed as soon as i get home

but yeah there is going to be a massive overhaul to the verse coming the Low 2-C tier will likely be lost, or retained as a "likely" in the future.

The changes are going to be huge lol. Also Poseidon will definitely end up a smurf

anyways what is the primary wincon for moridan at the moment?

i had to call off work due to being sick. the last few days i been getting home super late and needing to go to bed as soon as i get home

but yeah there is going to be a massive overhaul to the verse coming the Low 2-C tier will likely be lost, or retained as a "likely" in the future.

The changes are going to be huge lol. Also Poseidon will definitely end up a smurf

then lets just wait for the updates
this thread can be put on pause

If you're both not feeling well and are in the process of overhauling the verse (potentially making the tier 2's a smurf), I don't think we should continue this match. Saint Seiya probably shouldn't even be on the list.

Back