• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Base Superboy-Prime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stefano4444

He/Him
Something that it was be pointed out in a previous discussion, but for what reason Base Superboy-Prime isn't ranked 3-A?

I mean, Superboy-Prime during Pre Crisis was be stated and show to be comparable to Pre Crisis Superman.

And during the COIE, he was the only one along with Earth-Two who could still fight off a weakened (but still powerful and dangerous for both of them) Anti-Monitor COIE and survive his attacks.

The retcon punch itself should make him 3-A at minimum (although i do think that it should be more like a Low 2-C feat), he was able to alterate the entire New Earth's reality.

Odd, Superboy is 3-C likely higher scaled to Sodom Yat but Sodom Yat is scaled to Superboy... Their not even scaled from a feat. Not saying they aren't that high, just that they should have a link to what makes them 3-C.

If Base Superboy is comparable to Superman (Pre-Crisis) then I guess he can be upgraded and if Sodom Yat fought him, he should be upgraded as well.

You may have a good point, but I am uncertain. It is best if you ask Matthew to comment here.

It may just be DC's common inconsistent scaling though.

@Lord Griffin: The feat is in Superboy's durabilty of tanking Mordru's attack, although the beating from Anti Monitor who was fighting a full powered bloodlusted Silver Age Superman should already give him a 3-A rating

ALSO, Superboy Prime also planned to make a new Big Bang by hitting Oan at light speed. I do not think the reality warping should be given a rating

His Time Trapper key should be also upgraded to 2-C because of the previous Content Revision thread of the Time Trapper

Hey guys, I am late for this, but shouldn't Superboy prime also have resistance to time manipulation as he was able to get out of the Speed Force?

I never understood why OBD rates him so low.

Anyway, I do agree and I was also thinking about making this thread after the recent Hit vs SBP happened.

CursedGentleman said:
Hey guys, I am late for this, but shouldn't Superboy prime also have resistance to time manipulation as he was able to get out of the Speed Force?
It's more of a dimensional feat rather than a time manip resistance tbh.

Also, this thread should be moved to Content Revision Board.

I have to disagree. Post-Crisis Prime Clark, while supposedly being the same as Pre-Crisis, isn't nearly as strong.

Barry Allen is also another character who is supposed to be the same since Pre-Crisis but we don't scale him to Pre-Crisis stuff.

Well, Superboy Prime later severely damaged the Anti-Monitor, and withstood a universe-destroying explosion point blank, and I don't think that he was powered-up to astronomical levels at the time. He had an adult body, yes, but I do not think that he was more than a few times stronger than previously.

The Anti-Monitor was likely at nowhere near full power, yes, but I do not think that Prime was powered up more than a few times during the Countdown explosion.

Even if we cannot scale Prime to Pre Crisis, the former has still performed a 3-A feat while in a weakened state and he had stated that he was going to make a new Big Bang.

What do you think Matthew & The Everlasting?

Matthew has edited the Superboy-Prime page. Perhaps we should close this thread?

Antvasima said:
Matthew has edited the Superboy-Prime page. Perhaps we should close this thread?
This thread is about Base Superboy-Prime, while Matt's edit was about Adult Prime.

Two different topics.

Okay. You can ask him to comment here again if you wish.

Maybe "At least 3-C, possibly 3-A" for both him and Sodam Yat?

Personally i still think that there is enough evidence to put Base Prime at 3-A (and not just at possibly/likely 3-A).

Even without scaling Prime from Pre Crisis, we had still one feat and a statement from the Infinite Crisis's comic series itself that back up the upgrade, namely:

- The Recton Punch, where it was show and stated (by Alexander Lex Jr.) that Prime was affecting/altering the entire New Earth's reality/universe (so not just planet Earth) with his punches, a Prime that was be depowered by the lack of a yellow Sun.

- The Big Bang, where Prime had stated that he was going to make a new Big Bang by hitting Oa at lightspeed (while also claiming that he was going to survive it), a statement that wasn't disproved but instead it was taken seriously by all the other characters.

Okay. Are you willing to update the Prime and Sodam Yat profiles accordingly?

Later. I was working on a blog but due to malfunction on my internet the tabs all spontaneously closed and I lost 40 minutes of progress.

Sorry, but why isn't "adult" prime rated as low 2-C? The universal explosion he withstood was explicitly stated to have affected time and space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back