• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bart Simpson fights a Jojo (Jonathan)

Anyway Bart's skill is pretty good he's had military training, fought on par with a green baret from the Vietnam war and knows karate while Jonathan has hamon training I don't think Jonathan's gonna start out with Hamon but I don't know what's considered more skilled

> I don't think Jonathan's gonna start out with Hamon

That's literally all Jonathan uses tho.

Jonathan is comparably skilled to Will, who had two decades of hamon training and is a skilled fighter, having decades of what basically is equal with kung fu training from old movies and is considered one of the best of his time along with Straizo and Dire. Jonatha's also fought with Bruford who was a skilled knight and had (several century old) military training, which was up there in brutality.

If Bart was only on par with a green baret from nam, I may have to give it to Jonathan in skill.

Jonathan being comparably skilled to Zeppeli is iffy. He was naturally adept to Hamon, but that doesn't equate to martial skill quite literally.

Jonathan is clever and tend to solve his problems with different methods instead of relying on martial arts. In fact, his martial skill comes out of nowhere and he defeated his opponents by using a power that it's their weakness and methods different from the normal punching routine.

On top of that, Tarkus was bodying him until he gained a power up. I wouldn't scale him to Tarkus, precisely.

>Jonathan being comparably skilled to Zeppeli is iffy. He was naturally adept to Hamon, but that doesn't equate to martial skill quite literally.

They, while only in the manga, trained nonstop for weeks with training sessions and sparing daily with Jonathan while not fully acustomed to it yet, was generally potrayed as skilled as Zeppeli. Or, at the very least, skilled enough to duel him consistently.

Yes, he has used his ceverness and the like to defeat opponents, but that's like half of what skill is. Yes he used his hamon to exploit foe's weaknesses but that doesnt detract from the times where he straight up went blow for blow with his opponents, blocked and countered blows, and everything of the like.

Nobody mentioned Tarkus (Also Tarkus bodying him is overstated, Jonathan was weaker but Jonathan managed to block, deflect, avoid, several of Tarkus attacks, in the manga Jonathan even grabs a force palm from Tarkus and blocks it before getting boosted),

I don't remember such training. Got the scan? Besides that, there's no mention of Jonathan being as skilled as him. Good with Hamon? Yeah, even better than him considering his potential, but he doesn't rely a lot on skill to handle opponents.

On the other side, Bart has not only clashed with Skinner without getting a single hit, but was also trained in several hand-to-hand combat styles in the army and got combat tips from Wayne, who was a Bond-like agent in the past, which he used to stomp people stronger than him (the bullies).

Yeah, because it wasnt in the anime? In the manga he trained for a minimum of two weeks. Anyway Here's the manga confirmation of the timeframe. There doesnt have to be a mention if it's shown, Jonathan can compete with him and not get overly outskilled after finishing his training, Jonathan has also reacted and landed blows on dire and was praised for his savyness. Saying cleverness aint skill is a half truth, if Jonathan wasnt skilled enough to implement his techniques than in action, well, he'd never actually win a fight.

Kinda proving my point with the Skinner thing. If Jonathan wasnt skilled he'd have never hit or defeated Bruford, especially in the moments they found themselves in cqc, Jonathan could keep up, block, attack and counter with Bruford's and even Tarkus exchanges (despite even being a bit weaker than him) in which Hamon didnt really have a say in any of that, all Hamon meant is if he landed a few good blows he'd incap, if Jonathan wasnt skilled he'd of never managed to block and out manuever their attacks. Getting combat tips from Wayne and martial arts training is basically the same thing as getting Hamon training from Will, because it is, Hamon training isnt just learning how to use Hamon, we see that with Joseph in Part 2 and Will's own hamon training flashbacks. It's a mix of learning how to control and amplify hamon, increasing stamina to insane degrees, martial practice, fighting sessions with the masters and a bunch of other things. Also Jonathan even before training, fighting and all that used to box all the time and was considered great at it and Dio, who grew up fighting constantly in the slums, yes that pales to military training but that's something before attempting and training and while they were kids.

I still believe bart is the better fighter jonathan is skilled like really skilled before the hamon training he's shown to be really good with hamon which is mastery over a martial art but i'd argue bart's more skilled with not only variety but just being really good in those things. first things first he was in military school which gave him his training and karatae and he's used these two skills to fight professionals in the military and martial arts I'm not saying jonathan's not skilled he's a great hamon user but i beleive that bart's more skilled

Attacking a hamon user in melee is kinda counterproductive. With Hamon, Jonathan can heal himself and mindhax Bart (this is extremely likely considering he's fighting a kid and due to his non-violent nature. Its also fairly in character for Jonathan to use mindhax). Also, Jonathan has a sword.

I mean, Bart's entire martial arts skill is kinda useless now, he's gonna need to stick to ranged attacks to avoid the Hamon and by extension mindhax, plus the mindhax can conduct across things and surfaces. Jonathan also has his Zoom Punch to attack from range.

Bart has so few options and Jonathan is more than skilled enough to land a hit once and mindhax.

Voting Jonathan low difficulty.

Jonathan FRA, as well as since the fight takes place in Central Park under SBA, Jonathan can also probably use Life Magnetism Overdrive to use the grass to hold Bart's feet in place

Back