• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jonathan Joestar (7 Votes) VS Santana (1) Grace

Speed is equalized:
Jonathan‘s High-8C key is being used.

Jonathan Joestar

HD-wallpaper-jonathan-aesthetic-jonathan-joestar-jojo-bizarre-adventure-hamon-overdrive.jpg

Satana

d9y6ld6-18569769-523c-4075-8ec0-0a3213b73ee8.png

Santana: 1
Jonathan: 7

Last edited:
I think Jonathan gets this, he has stronger hamon than Joseph and is also fairly smart battle iq wise

Well, Santana has an ap and dura advantage, is smarter, would know that Jonathan is a hamon user before Jonathan realizes this isn’t some normal vampire, and can control his body to avoid or lessen attacks. I’d say he has a solid advantage, and thus, I vote Santana

Off the top of my head, Santana is much weaker than the other Pillar Men, being viewed as nothing more than a guard dog to them, hell it was even implied by Wamuu in the manga adaptation that they didn’t even bother giving him a name, that’s how pathetic Santana was in their eyes. Moving on, he is much less skilled than the Pillar Men and had no knowledge of Hamon prior to his fight against Joseph.

So with that in mind, Jonathan does have an advantage, though it won’t take long for Santana to understand the basics of Hamon, like he did against Joseph.

One effective way I see Jonathan winning is if he uses his Metal Silver Overdrive technique. Once he’s able to pierce Santana’s body with his sword, he can conduct Hamon through it, and considering that Post-Deep Pass Jon is both stronger and more skilled with Hamon than Pre-Training Joseph was, Santana will be as good as dead once it’s pulled off.

So for now I think I’ll vote for Jonathan

Off the top of my head, Santana is much weaker than the other Pillar Men, being viewed as nothing more than a guard dog to them, hell it was even implied by Wamuu in the manga adaptation that they didn’t even bother giving him a name, that’s how pathetic Santana was in their eyes. Moving on, he is much less skilled than the Pillar Men and had no knowledge of Hamon prior to his fight against Joseph.

So with that in mind, Jonathan does have an advantage, though it won’t take long for Santana to understand the basics of Hamon, like he did against Joseph.

One effective way I see Jonathan winning is if he uses his Metal Silver Overdrive technique. Once he’s able to pierce Santana’s body with his sword, he can conduct Hamon through it, and considering that Post-Deep Pass Jon is both stronger and more skilled with Hamon than Pre-Training Joseph was, Santana will be as good as dead once it’s pulled off.

I have to agree, I dont even think we saw Jonathans full potential ever, not even in Dio fight, where he was held back by emotions and Dios freezing ability which bypasses durability and he had nothing to counter that shit (luckily he asspulled that fire thing). I dont think Santana has any chance against final Jonathan form, so I am also going with Jonathan here.

I have to agree, I dont even think we saw Jonathans full potential ever, not even in Dio fight, where he was held back by emotions and Dios freezing ability which bypasses durability and he had nothing to counter that shit (luckily he asspulled that fire thing). I dont think Santana has any chance against final Jonathan form, so I am also going with Jonathan here.
Not to mention Jonathan also has better skill and combat experience, having outwitted a Genius like Dio and bested the likes of Tarkus and Bruford in combat, who were some of the most legendary knights during the Tudor period

Not to mention Jonathan also has better skill and combat experience, having outwitted a Genius like Dio and bested the likes of Tarkus and Bruford in combat, who were some of the most legendary knights during the Tudor period
Exactly, man is so underrated in all aspects, he is easily stronger than Joseph.

I'll also vote for Jonathan due to his impressive Hamon training and his variety of Hamon techniques. He's more skilled at Hamon than a Pre-Training Joseph was, and even then Joseph managed to put Santana on the ropes before he started adapting. So he could likely finish Santana off with an Overdrive technique.

Oh cool it's grace, that means it's time to ruin everyone's fun 🗿

Lads, we don't even know if Jonathan's hamon can even hurt Santana.
I would like to remind everyone that insufficient Hamon merely gets dispelled on skin contact with Pillar Men, Santana included, as shown when Joseph's Hamon was completely useless against Santana and the only way Joseph could even hurt him was by doing an overdrive internally (Didn't even vaporize him either). While it is true Jonathan's Hamon is better than Joseph's by a large degree, it's also true it's not as good as Post Training Joseph, aka the known baseline for what's he needed, aka, we straight up don't know if Jonathan's Hamon would work, it's in some middle ground limbo where it might work (if it does it's going to be nonlethal given even post training joseph's isn't instant lethal), but might not work altogether.

If Jonathan can break the skin to inject Hamon it would work, but we'd have to ask, can he? His sword won't help, Santana is shown to be able to make his skin like rubber and have bladed weapons become useless when not taken by surprise. So we need to ask if Jonathan's raw girth is enough to wound Santana to the point Jonathan can inject Hamon, all while Santana is stronger than him, because that is indeed the case.
Jonathan is equal to Dio (and only barely, Dio sandbagged and lost in his fight), and Santana is stated, along with the other 3, to be more powerful than Part 1 Dio in an interview in JoJonium. Jonathan does have more skill and versatility, so that could even the odds, but Joseph won via actual bullshit, not with tech or skill so it's hard to say how much that would matter, but it might so I won't discredit that.
Jonathan could easily win if he just does what Joseph did, but is Jonathan really smart enough to let himself get eaten to inject Hamon? I'm not so sure he'd think of that.

I would like to remind everyone that insufficient Hamon merely gets dispelled on skin contact with Pillar Men, Santana included, as shown when Joseph's Hamon was completely useless against Santana and the only way Joseph could even hurt him was by doing an overdrive internally (Didn't even vaporize him either). While it is true Jonathan's Hamon is better than Joseph's by a large degree, it's also true it's not as good as Post Training Joseph, aka the known baseline for what's he needed, aka, we straight up don't know if Jonathan's Hamon would work, it's in some middle ground limbo where it might work (if it does it's going to be nonlethal given even post training joseph's isn't instant lethal), but might not work altogether.

If Jonathan can break the skin to inject Hamon it would work, but we'd have to ask, can he? His sword won't help, Santana is shown to be able to make his skin like rubber and have bladed weapons become useless when not taken by surprise. So we need to ask if Jonathan's raw girth is enough to wound Santana to the point Jonathan can inject Hamon, all while Santana is stronger than him, because that is indeed the case.
Jonathan is equal to Dio (and only barely, Dio sandbagged and lost in his fight), and Santana is stated, along with the other 3, to be more powerful than Part 1 Dio in an interview in JoJonium. Jonathan does have more skill and versatility, so that could even the odds, but Joseph won via actual bullshit, not with tech or skill so it's hard to say how much that would matter, but it might so I won't discredit that.
Jonathan could easily win if he just does what Joseph did, but is Jonathan really smart enough to let himself get eaten to inject Hamon? I'm not so sure he'd think of that.
saying this way before no huh?

Nice timing, Johnathan can't actually do anything then, Santana eventually just acid haxes him.
Voting Santana

Grace hasn't started since there are only 6 votes.

Jonathan fra
I'll also vote for Jonathan due to his impressive Hamon training and his variety of Hamon techniques. He's more skilled at Hamon than a Pre-Training Joseph was, and even then Joseph managed to put Santana on the ropes before he started adapting. So he could likely finish Santana off with an Overdrive technique.
Jonathan FRA
FRA aswell if it wasnt counted

Jonathans battle iq is really underrated, ap wise they are similiar and has some regen to help him aswell, if santana would try to devour jonathan without any prior knowledge, i think he stomps without any problem, oh and by the way, the "bullshit" joseph has is just meta miracle, thats how he managed to beat kars after all. My vote still stands, simply due to his much stronger hamon, equalized speed and importantly his underrated biq. I dont think we saw jonathan´s full powers, since the fight with dio was not a brutal stomp only due to dio´s freezing abilities and then my boy just got caught lackin on ship defensless.

People here are wanking Jonanthan so hard,Santana goes inside his nose and explodes him from the inside or eats him with acid plus he struggled to fight against Dio and is canonical that vampires are so inferior to Pillar men to the point they are treated as food snacks.

i'm know Jonanthan is cool and all guys, but lets be real he gets steamrolled by anyone from part 2 onwards.

Nice timing, Johnathan can't actually do anything then, Santana eventually just acid haxes him.
Voting Santana
Nah, Jonathan is safe from the acid hax, Hamon does indeed protect him from that, while Hamon might not be lethal on contact, if Santana takes someone in who has Hamon, it's able to bypass his defenses, it's why Santana wasn't eating Joseph untill he "ko'd" him.
Jonathans battle iq is really underrated,
While that may be true, that isn't the case here, Jonathan is skilled, but that's all he is, when 99% of of his "battle IQ" relies on something that doesn't affect his foe at all, there's an issue.
ap wise they are similiar
No they aren't? Jonathan is equal to Dio, Santana is above Dio. Santana holds the stat advantage in every category.
and has some regen to help him aswell,
His regen is healing broken bones and cuts, not really an advantage when his foe has the same but down to dust.
if santana would try to devour jonathan without any prior knowledge, i think he stomps without any problem,
oh and by the way, the "bullshit" joseph has is just meta miracle, thats how he managed to beat kars after all.
No, it's "Joseph literally bullshits his foe's to death", nothing meta about it, half the time it's him being big brain and setting up the bullshit in the first place. The only time it wasn't intentional was against Kars, and that's just him getting lucky, and Kars' hubris blinding him. Nothing meta, just a chain of coincidences.
My vote still stands, simply due to his much stronger hamon, equalized speed and importantly his underrated biq.
Your vote is based on something that you can't even confirm. Does Post Deep Pass have a better Hamon than Pre-Training Joseph? Yes, that is correct.
Does Jonathan have enough Hamon to fatally wound Santana, let alone even damage him? That former is absolutely not true as Post Training Joseph barely has enough Hamon to outright be lethal even with Overdrives, and the latter is inconclusive, we know Joseph's Hamon is 100% insufficient, but the amount we know is enough is from someone above Jonathan, as in Jonathan is stuck between doing absolutely nothing and maybe do something. That is a big issue, if what I would say, is the most important part of your argument is based on a hypothetical maybe, I'm not so sure that's concrete enough to be used as a crux.
And yes, Jonathan is very smart in a fight, but it's also true he's not as smart as Joseph in a fight, and that's the only reason Joseph won as merely throwing hands had Santana nearly blow his arm off.
I dont think we saw jonathan´s full powers, since the fight with dio was not a brutal stomp only due to dio´s freezing abilities and then my boy just got caught lackin on ship defensless.
We did see Jonathan's full powers what are you on about? He went all out against Dio, and he would have lost if Dio didn't sandbag, Jonathan himself points out how Dio could have killed him, but due to Dio wanting Jonathan to be turned into a minion instead of straight up killed, Dio opted to hold back on his freezing, instead of freezing Jonathan solid, he merely encased bits of him in ice, as if he froze him completely he wouldn't be able to drain his blood - life force and thus turn him into a zombie, something Jonathan points out to Dio as his fatal mistake.
And no, Jonathan is literally stated to be Dio's equal in an interview, you can dig through the interview archive on the encyclopedia if you want it, there is no "well he could be higher", that not only lacks basis in the source material, but is actively stated otherwise.

Also saying "Jonathan would have stomped Dio if he didn't have ice powers", well, yeah obviously? Jonathan is packing an ability that vaporizes him on contact? What do you expect? We still see that, ignoring Hamon, they're pretty blow for blow, Dio can hurt Jonathan, Jonathan can hurt Dio.

I'm not saying Santana wins, but you're gonna need a way better argument for Jonathan as 1/3rd is inconclusive, IQ is inferior to Joseph aka someone who almost lost and equalized speed is whatever.

Back