• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Barney the Dinosaur: The Re-Reckoning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ask the calc group

EmperorRorepme said:
Ok nevermind it actually does seem to have the characteriatics of an m4 earthquake.
Correlation does not equal causation.

Beds shake when a mag 4 quake hits, I can shake beds, therefore I'm 8-B.

Barney shaking an area the size of a kiddie pool and causing some children to loose their balance doesn't require > 13 tons of TNT worth of force.

Magnitude 4 earthquakes shake cars. I can shake cars a little. Therefore I'm 8-B.

Rodri "Dante" said:
It's not abpout shaking stuff, it's about shaking the ground below the stuff.
Yes. To shake the ground as violently as they do, Earthquakes require absurd amounts of energy built up over time.

They also happen to shake the ground for dozens/hundreds of miles and have epicenters that are well- beneath the surface, as opposed to someone's jump causing an area approximiately the size of a 7-Eleven to shake mildly when right next to it, above the ground.

Yes, it is

Yes, but the Richter scale is for determining the magnitude of earthquakes that happen hundreds of kilometers below the earth based on their scale of destruction. It doesn't work when you apply it to an epicenter on the surface of the earth (like with someone jumping).

You are completely ignoring what I'm saying.

An earthquake hundreds of kms underground knocking over some objects off shelves is magnitude 4.

Jumping and shaking a house has the same effects, but does not require the same energy, because it starts on the surface of the Earth rather than having its effects diminished by traveling hundreds of kilometers.

The fact that a nuke causes a mild gust of wind 100km away does not mean that a fan has the same AP as a nuke. Distance is a really really important factor.

That's correct yeah. As dargoo said on discord it probably applies to more than just barney. Might wanna make the calc group thread for when dudes punch the ground and cause an earthquake because I'm pretty sure some dudes got tiers from that

I don´t mind a downgrade TBH

But yes, some new standards for this sorts of feats have to be done first.

Agnaa said:
An earthquake hundreds of kms underground knocking over some objects off shelves is magnitude 4.

Jumping and shaking a house has the same effects, but does not require the same energy, because it starts on the surface of the Earth rather than having its effects diminished by traveling hundreds of kilometers.
The Total Seismic Energy chart (The one used for real earthquakes) has magnitude 4 eartquakes rated 19543.3986 times stronger than the Radiated Waves one (Used for physically generated earthquakes).

So it's litterally like you say: same results with way less energy required.

Why did Barney get banned from debates just because he never actually fights? A lot of characters with profiles don't fight. Like almost all surpreme beings.

Genericstickman said:
What about Monarch of Pointland?
I would say he'd still be able to harm 0-dimensional beings but his speed is immobile.

I'd support match banning Monarch of Pointland.

I think the fact that people can hear MoP was considered an outlier or something

"high 3-A in 0 dimensions"

High 3-A is an explicitly 3D tier. "omniscient in a dimension" doesn't mean anything.

All 0-D beings should have the same AP value and exist in the same space.

It's less that they have the same attack potency, and more that it's a meta where everything is invulnerable. There's no reason that they can't live in different points.

It's less that they have the same attack potency,and more a meta where everything is invulnerable.

I don't think they'd be invulnerable to each other.

There's no reason that they can't live in different points.

That's a good point.

But as per SBA the distance between them would be the highest range between the two, so if both of them can only effect the point that they're in SBA would put them in the same point.

I think I'm actually fine with MoP then.

Mop already gets stomped by the only other existing 11-Cs so it's also not thst relevsnt

True but the "in character" portion still messes things up as we don't know what he does in character.

Yes but...

We don't know how Barney acts when "in character but willing to kill", leading to wanked standard tactics of "Barney instantly incap haxes the opponent". Even characters from actual battle series like Medaka Kurokami when "in character but willing to kill" let the opponent take the first move and start off with low-hax. We can say this because we know how they act in battle, but with Barney we have no clue which leads to ridiculous speculatio.

We also don't know of any possible combat applicability for most of his skills. Leading to wanked abilities of "This telekinesis that moved leaves has 8-B AP" "This transmutation that turned a fake rocket into a real one can transmute humans, incapping them" etc.

Yellowpig10 said:
Okay I think that banning barney is stupid. Why bother going through all the trouble to make the profile if we can't use him anyway?
For the lulz

Also F&G board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back