• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Barney & Friends: The Statistics CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barney created for weather bottles casually. I think this would multiply his attack potency by 4

Multiplied by 4 for each season?

If so, you mean that the result of the weather manip is multiplied by 4 to get a more accurate output of his maxinum power?

If so, would that scale to Durability?

Bobsican said:
Multiplied by 4 for each season?
If so, you mean that the result of the weather manip is multiplied by 4 to get a more accurate output of his maxinum power?

If so, would that scale to Durability?
Depending how casual the feat is then it would to durability

>He casually reality warped the bottle that cause the weather's change. It is not envir destruction

That's not what environmental destruction is about. If you can use the same level of energy that went into creating a weather phenomenom or other environmental effect into damaging an object, then it scales to your AP otherwise it doesn't. That's how you differentiate environmental destruction from AP.

How easily you created that phenomenon has nothing to do with whether it is environmental destruction.

Andytrenom said:
>He casually reality warped the bottle that cause the weather's change. It is not envir destruction
That's not what environmental destruction is about. If you can use the same level of energy that went into creating a weather phenomenom or other environmental effect into damaging an object, then it scales to your AP otherwise it doesn't. That's how you differentiate environmental destruction from AP.

How easily you created that phenomenon has nothing to do with whether it is environmental destruction.
My point was regarding the energy that Barney used for the feat from a calculation standpoint which was casual.

I don´t know, that seems... risky.

After all of the stuff Barney went across, just adding it like that would be... questionable.

Why is Barney's intelligence this?

Intelligence: Extraordinary Genius (Can teach kids important life lessons in a few minutes and take care of them, even while being in big adventures throughout the universe, managed to make a stable spaceship in a few seconds with cheap stuff from his surroundings and reality warping)

At most the latter would support that rating, but almost any human older than a teenager is capable of teaching children life lessons and taking care of them. Unless being a parent is a Extraordinary Genius feat now

I mean, that was just to show his personality a bit in the way of explaining that one (even if it may be quite obvious).

I think it should be removed. It just takes away from the rating. You wouldn't mention Albert Einstein being able to open doors when you're describing his intelligence.

Plus depending on the level of reality warping it may mot even warrent that rating. Thinking of a fast space ship shouldn't be to difficult.

Barney's intelligence is definitively not Extraordinary Genius. At best, he is above average.

Above Average: Characters that show greater cognitive ability than the norm, but do not particularly stand out in any intellectual or academic fields.

Extraordinary Genius: Individuals whose knowledge spreads over many fields of science and who vastly surpass the intellects of the smartest humans on Earth. At this level, many are capable of creating futuristic technology, executing complex strategies even under high pressure, and potentially even accurately predicting the future through sheer mental calculations, or outperforming supercomputers. This is where super scientists of exceptional scientific knowledge begin to appear.

I think Gifted would fit more, note that he also has 200 millions of years in experience.

That's what I mean. If he used reality warping to make a MFTL ship then that probably isn't an intelligence feat. Also age means nothing without feats.

I know what you mean, in that case, I´m fine with it being downgraded to Gifted.

"Character that demonstrate high reasoning ability, can master concepts with few repetitions, and display high performance capability in intellectual, creative, or specific academic fields."

Yeah, Barney fits very well in this rating.

Above Average or Average is the most I support without a legitimate feat.

Building complex but non-fantastical machinery, having a PHD or multiple PHDs, being called one, and things of that nature.

Bobsican said:
What´s a PHD?
A PhD is a globally recognized postgraduate academic degree awarded by universities and higher education institutions to a candidate who has submitted a thesis or dissertation, based on extensive and original research in their chosen field.

One thing for sure is that Barnye is veyr creative, but I guess that´s not enought, am I right?

If he builds working and effective machinery maybe. But if he just reality warps stuff then no.

Bobsican said:
One thing for sure is that Barnye is veyr creative, but I guess that´s not enought, am I right?
Not really. Barney, being creative, is related to his reality warping powers.

Yes, but you may just bring up stuff if anything too notable is found, thanks for the effort, by the way.

Okay, down to Above Average it goes.

Bump. It seems it won´t be calced at this point...

What´s the respective approximate low-end of his feats?

I´ve found some standart calcs for stoms, but I dn´t know which one to use.

Note that the timeframe of the feat of Barney only took about 4 seconds: This and this. Which one should be used as the base to calc this? I normally would just wait for the calc group, but a week has passed and there are no results.

Oh yea I almost forgot, if ALF qualified for the Gifted intellygence category, shouldn´t Barney too? He has experience aboud a bunch of jobs like being a doctor and even visited the firefighters once.

Bobsican said:
Oh yea I almost forgot, if ALF qualified for the Gifted intellygence category, shouldn´t Barney too? He has experience aboud a bunch of jobs like being a doctor and even visited the firefighters once.
ALF got it for Gifted (Proficient in English, Spanish and Melmacian, expert musician, has been the captain of a Bouillabaseball team and an Orbit Guard)

Barney doesn't have expertise criteria, his problem solving involved reality warping. Also, visiting the firefighters once won't help his case.

Speaking two languages may qualify for above average I guess. But knowing different modern cultures just requires you to read a single book.

Eh, I guess he fits in the category for now, not that it would be really important anyways.

Anything else?

I am 100% against the profile, as Barney's just a figment of the children's imagination and not an actual real entity, and thus shouldn't be treated as an actual reality warping dragon. None of his "feats" literally happen.

Answered in the other thread, please wait for it to reach 500 comments at least.

Yes, I did see your answer, but again, none of what you propose as evidence that Barney is real "I.e, Barney performing magical feats" proves anything, as those could simply be part of the imagination as well, and in fact most likely are. The fact that Barney's actually a doll who transforms into a living purple dinosaur with the children's imagination should sufficient obvious indication enough. He's not a real being and his stories aren't literally happening.

Barney is real and he is High 4-C.

He summoned beethoven and created food the kids could actually eat.

Oh boy i am going to imagine myself eating.

1. The idea of Barney's character is that he is brought to life because people believe in him. The fact that he appears in a picture is more relevant than random and unknowable contentions like arguing the show's premise, which proves nothing, and author intent, which is completely worthless in this wiki. You don't know the author's intent. Bring up actual quotes.

2. You're not arguing guidebooks or interviews. You're arguing what you personally believe the author intended. It is nowhere near an acceptable argument in the face of actual proof. Sorry, but this kind of argument is ridiculous and a massive, blatant double standard.

Explain barney surprising the kids if they are imaginating him.

You cannot fool yourself with your own imagination.

That's pretty much something that little kids actually do. Never saw a little girl playing kitchen with toy food and with a toy oven?

Barney isn't real and your insistance that he is a MFTL+ High 4-C Reality Warper is inherently absurd and contradictory to the actual show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back