• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Barney & Friends: The Statistics CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barney has 2 tier 4 feats. Creating a constellation and making a star. Barney has a tier 6 feat with weather manip And a tier 8 one with causing earthqueakes while jumping

I agree with Qawsedf and MrKingofNegativty. This profile's bringing far too much negative attention and animosity on the wiki.

Barney has an actual storyline too, you just don´t want to accept the feats respectively.

I didn't even know those profiles existed. If I did I would've also questioned the tiering since they likely have multiple consistent anti-feats against said ratings.

Just denying Barney to the wiki because everyone is pretty much reacting like "What is wrong with you?" isn´t the best way to go.

What we need is a cultural change, promote the users to not treat characters like this only for the memories they have with them and keep that sort of stuff to themselves, especially if it´s going to lead into chaos like this.

Barney comes from an actual series, is a genuine character and there are no rules restricting his allowance, so he can stay.

I should clarify that using the same standards of feat tiering as the other stuff Barney being tier 4 or whatever isn't outlandish. I just think the profiles existence would just generate negative publicity.

Qawsedf234 said:
I should clarify that using the same standards of feat tiering as the other stuff Barney being tier 4 or whatever isn't outlandish. I just think the profiles existence would just generate negative publicity.
Barney isn´t even going to be in the featured section of the wiki nor be purposely the main focus from the wiki to new users.

@Bob (and whoever else):

The reason we banned Goku VS Superman is because it was a stupidly controversial topic that people kept destroying with the way they handled each thread that was made.

Now look at every Barney thread that has been made so far. Hell, one of them was a Fun & Games thread and people on both sides still couldn't keep their shit together.

If there were ever a place to say "This is why we can't have nice things.", this would be it.

Can´t we just make a "staff only" thread for that match?

Also, this means that Barney will never see the light again because the users simply dislike such idea? I feel VERY sad...

Well on topic. If the page is cleared I question the speed rating of Barney doesn't show the ability to preform rapid or complex actions at that speed.

Bobsican said:
Can´t we just make a "staff only" thread for that match?
Also, this means that Barney will never see the light again because the users simply dislike such idea? I feel VERY sad...
As hilarious as that would be, what would be the point then? "We're allowed to make a match, but only our very limited staff base (some of whom haven't picked up a comic or watched a Dragon Ball episode in their lives) are allowed to give their opinions on it." That sounds like a failure at-launch on every conceivable level.

And I understand your feelings on the second part. Truth be told, I would have liked for this profile to be a thing that we could handle without screwing it up. But I'm not about to sit here and act like this isn't becoming worse and worse by the day, nor am I going to advocate going through with something that's just going to lead to more of what I've already seen.

This is heading nowhere good, and it's been heading there since we started this mess. We're much better off just ending this thing before it gets any worse.

Kepekley23 said:
I don't care about the profile. It is best for it not to exist.

But if it will exist, then dismissing everything as imagination is a pure cop-out.
Not to say that this is required to prove that it's not imagination, but if there was any scene or clip of adults identifying and responding to Barney as an actual thing that exists in the world, wouldn't that demonstrate that it can't be imagination?

I´m fine with downgrading his speed to 10-B and just take the MFTL+ thing as travel speed.

Was that too hard to ask?

It is interesting to see Matt ignore obvious feats because he thinks having barney in the same wiki that has lazy town and magic school bus characters is somehow bring "Bad press".

Barney has MULTIPLE feats above 10-B and MFTL reaction feats that have been dizcusses to death on this thread.

If you are concerned about bad press, DELETE Lazy town and all ch8ld show verses or you are just flat out being dishonest.

@Kyle Ironically, the exact sort of attitude you are displaying with this recent kind of reply or something like suddenly reporting Matthew for posting a meme image over this thread that wasn't adressed at you makes an example of the kind of behaviour that tells us "why having the profile is a bad idea".

You're not the only one of course, but that's a slip and two wrongs don't make a right.

Enough of that, Kyle. There's no need to keep pushing the issue and making accusations, and beyond that, you're effectively repeating yourself with every post now.

I took up for you in the RVT already, but if you keep it up, I'm not doing it again.

Is there a way to make Barney more "acceptable" by the wiki? I can´t just give up, you know?

I don't think we realistically can, because nobody wants to look forward to what is realistically going to be months of this.

In fact I am.

In that case, the best would be to just wait for Crabwhale to finish evaluating the series?

Bobsican said:
Is there a way to make Barney more "acceptable" by the wiki? I can´t just give up, you know?
Uh make a note on the profile that the profile will be based on the perspective of the children and due to conflicting arguments about the legitimacy of the existence of Barney therefore the profile will treat Barney as a real being for versus match making reasoning?

That's the best compromise for both sides but if even that doesn't work I suggest scrapping this whole thing like MrKingofNegativity said.

Bobsican said:
Wait for the culture to change, or try nudging it to a culture that allows Barney in other ways than making Barney threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back