• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BAN-KAI! Bleach General Discussion

...Or Kubo is just saying "His Sword broke and his wife can't fix it cause they aren't training." Remember, a broken Bankai can't be repaired
They could just have Tsukishima do the same thing he did in the final battle to fix his Bankai if that was the case.
Edit: Or have Oetsu fix it.

Why doesn't ikkaku ask orihime to fully fix his bankai
He's probably too prideful to ask (kinda like Yama with his missing arm).

What is bleach soul hax potency in numbers
Currently, scales massively above hundreds of souls. Would very likely change in the future as there's a CRT planed because of there being a statement in the novels about Espada lvl Hollows having up to hundreds of millions of souls in them.

Since the soul king doesn't do anything with the souls in hell, I don't think they'd be tied to his soul manipulation.

...Or Kubo is just saying "His Sword broke and his wife can't fix it cause they aren't training." Remember, a broken Bankai can't be repaired
Orihime can fix Bankais tho, they specify that the only reason she wasn't able to fix Tensa Zangetsu was because she couldn't overwrite the damage Yhwach caused on it using The Almighty, which is why they needed Tsukishima. Which means in normal circustamces she should be able to.

Last edited:
Eh I think this kinda defeats the thematic purpose of Ichigo’s Inner Zangetsu. Like if it was a broken Bankai I don’t think it would have its own special name.

Eh I think this kinda defeats the thematic purpose of Ichigo’s Inner Zangetsu. Like if it was a broken Bankai I don’t think it would have its own special name.
Unless there isn't. Because that form makes no sense, Ichigo is finally a Shinigami only at the time and yet Kubo is using the Quincy stuff for the final swing as more so to say it is to show the middle finger to the so called father of te Quincy.

It's just a broken sword, that's about it. A lot of wasted potential, just like how Ichigo was in the final battle

Things I would have like explained more

1. Ichigo's True Bankai (ESPECIALLY THIS ONE)
2. More explicit details on what the Almighty can and can't do
3. What's up with Yachiru and Kenpachi's Bankai
4. Uryu's power and strength
5. Shunsui's Bankai getting a better explanation

I honestly don’t get the complaint of “we never saw ichigos bankai” no offense but it just condenses his reiatsu into a beam
More so a All Stat Increase form, i never got the hype for it when we know Ichigo has three forms above Bankai yet there's this weird fetish to just go Bankai for every Bleach fan

Also he fought the entire final battle in his true bankai as well
To say he fought is quite a bold statement, honestly his True Bankai's Ability is breaking...

Yhwach broke it 3 times in reality and 2 times in Kyoka Suigetsu, all we saw Ichigo do with it is fire one Getsuga Tensho and show us the Zangetsu within, I wanted to at least see Ichigo have a proper sword fight with it, especially since it's so different from his previous Bankai's, Ichigo is by far the biggest let down of the Final Arc

To say he fought is quite a bold statement, honestly his True Bankai's Ability is breaking...

Yhwach broke it 3 times in reality and 2 times in Kyoka Suigetsu, all we saw Ichigo do with it is fire one Getsuga Tensho and show us the Zangetsu within, I wanted to at least see Ichigo have a proper sword fight with it, especially since it's so different from his previous Bankai's, Ichigo is by far the biggest let down of the Final Arc
It's probably different cause it might be immature as hell.

Things I would have like explained more

1. Ichigo's True Bankai (ESPECIALLY THIS ONE)
2. More explicit details on what the Almighty can and can't do
3. What's up with Yachiru and Kenpachi's Bankai
4. Uryu's power and strength
5. Shunsui's Bankai getting a better explanation

1. No idea
2. Precog, null what he sees and manipulate the future
3. yachiru was just kenpachis sword manifested and his bankai is just his full power at use
4. he remains the same but with the hax of antithesis
5. hax

1. I feel like there is nothing to explain about his Bankai. At best he can fire off stronger Mugetsus and because its a mix of all of his powers.
  2. We already know what Almighty does.
  3. Explain Yachiru having her own Zan when she is Kenny's Zan.
  4. Uryu really doesn't matter besides an explanation on how he evades Yhwach's powers. Instead, show me Ryuken and Isshin being more than just FedEx guys. These guys (or at least Isshin) are supposed to be goated but they sat out the entire arc.
  5. Pretty sure this had one of the more clear cut explanations in the entire arc, especially for all the stuff it does.

1. I feel like there is nothing to explain about his Bankai. At best he can fire off stronger Mugetsus and because its a mix of all of his powers.
  2. We already know what Almighty does.
  3. Explain Yachiru having her own Zan when she is Kenny's Zan.
  4. Uryu really doesn't matter besides an explanation on how he evades Yhwach's powers. Instead, show me Ryuken and Isshin being more than just FedEx guys. These guys (or at least Isshin) are supposed to be goated but they sat out the entire arc.
  5. Pretty sure this had one of the more clear cut explanations in the entire arc, especially for all the stuff it does.
Why do you think Ichigo's Bankai is a mix of all his powers? Bankai is his Shinigami power only. We've already seen their mix and it's with Fused Tensa Zangetsu Angers and it is pretty much thanks to the Vasto Lorde transformation. Bankai by itself isn't impressive

Because the big sword is his Hollow/Shinigami power and his small sword is his Quincy powers. His Bankai fuses the two together into one big sword, ergo his Bankai is a mix of all of his powers.

His Bankai by itself has more impressive showings than any of his other forms besides maybe Hell Verse. A typical Bankai is nothing impressive, sure. Ichigo's Bankai is an entirely different beast altogether just based on what he is.

"Fused Tensa Zangetsu Angers" <- I don't know what this means.

Because the big sword is his Hollow/Shinigami power and his small sword is his Quincy powers. His Bankai fuses the two together into one big sword, ergo his Bankai is a mix of all of his powers.

His Bankai by itself has more impressive showings than any of his other forms besides maybe Hell Verse. A typical Bankai is nothing impressive, sure. Ichigo's Bankai is an entirely different beast altogether just based on what he is.

"Fused Tensa Zangetsu Angers" <- I don't know what this means.
GOD DAMN AUTO CORRECT

Why do you think Ichigo's Bankai is a mix of all his powers? Bankai is his Shinigami power only. We've already seen their mix and it's with Fused Tensa Zangetsu Angers and it is pretty much thanks to the Vasto Lorde transformation. Bankai by itself isn't impressive
I mean Bankai is a Shinigami technique yeah, but Ichigo's Quincy powers manifest in the form of a Zanpakuto. The technique is exclusive to those with a Zanpakuto, but the Zanpakuto is just an extension of one's soul imprinted upon a blade, so it reckons that whatever powers accompany one's soul accompany one's Zanpakuto.

Although regardless of what you believe happened to Ichigo with his Zanpakuto in the final arc, we do know his stolen powers returned (either he got some extra juice or he got his old juice back), and his blade is still the butcher knife. I feel like if it was just a broke version of his True Bankai it wouldn't be called "the Zangetsu that appears from within".

Especially considering the whole "Blade is Me" thing it reckons that the truest form of Zangetsu is whatever appearance Ichigo believes to be the realest Zangetsu. Fingers crossed for a databook with the anime lol.

You speak a cursed language.

This_is_the_eau.jpg

It could possibly be just an ability of Nozarashi, similar to how Hihio is actually just a name of one of Soo Zabimaru's abilities.
I could see this being the case since Yachiru says that his power is to cut anything so being able to cut someone who dodged you would be a pretty good buff to just hitting harder. If only he actually had to use Bankai again so we could get an info dump on Nozarashi being chad af.

I could see this being the case since Yachiru says that his power is to cut anything so being able to cut someone who dodged you would be a pretty good buff to just hitting harder. If only he actually had to use Bankai again so we could get an info dump on Nozarashi being chad af.
Databook sounds really enticing rn

Databook been sounding really enticing for the past 4 years 😭😭

When it does come out it better come out, I’m hoping it covers all of the time skip and novel stuff.

We're told what the Almighty does in great detail on several occasions, what's there left to understand?

Btw if we're genuinely treating the Almighty as solely hax based would make Bleach universe and timeline infinite. The Almighty can't make the impossible happen such as picking a random future where the three realms just merge for no good given reason, destabilization of the Realms is impossible without the Soul King doing so himself.

The Almighty also shows AP, such as him lifting the Quincy City, which isn't a byproduct of his Fate hax. Random land massive just don't suddenly levitate several hundred meters into the sky for no god given reason, Ichibei wouldn't explode randomly for no god given reason, etc.

The Almighty is Precog, and as a byproduct of his precog he can power null, gain resistance and can the future, requires a certain amount of strength to utilize and has Attack Potency in the form of TK / whatever form of physical attack they use.

Back