• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BAN-KAI! Bleach General Discussion

There is something that bothers me with the whole scene. I guess I will wait for anime to elaborate.

So wait does this like give Yhwach death Manip via Almighty ?
Hopefully Kubo's close involvement in BtW is an indicator for close involvement in the Bleach anime, but what part bothers you out of curiosity?

Isn't death manip like being able to auto-kill things and like induce death regardless of if the target is immortal or something?

No death manip. would be like he cut Aizen's hand. Can't he just cut his neck? That would kill him. So somewhat like partial/limited death via manipulating body ? or something like that.
In short he is able to kill people in future?

Frankly, Idk what is bothering me. Something just feels off about the scene. Maybe because I don't understand what was going on in reality while Yhwach was in Illusion and why was KS working so differently than it normally does.

No death manip. would be like he cut Aizen's hand. Can't he just cut his neck? That would kill him. So somewhat like partial/limited death via manipulating body ? or something like that.

Frankly, Idk what is bothering me. Something just feels off about the scene. Maybe because I don't understand what was going on in reality while Yhwach was in Illusion and why was KS working so differently than it normally does.
I can't speak on if it's death manip or not, but Yhwach does promise to kill Ichigo in his happiest future, so I think it's fair to say Yhwach can kill people through the future.

Maybe something feels off because you're under KS :p The reason the Almighty was functioning differently was because Aizen's KS was making it so Yhwach wasn't seeing the correct future through the Almighty, but because the Almighty is so vastly powerful Aizen couldn't completely control Yhwach's perception. So while Yhwach thought he was fighting Ichigo, he was actually fighting Aizen; basically Yhwach couldn't see the true future, but he could still select the future, he was just selecting a future that was not actually what he wanted because of KS.

Last edited:

........that's not death manipulation.....

I’ve already asked this twice already but since no one responded Imma ask again.Should Mimihagi have Conceptual Manipulation coz of governing “Stagnation”.After he took away Ukitake’s lungs he prevented him from dying by stagnating his condition which means he could neither recover nor die.Then Mimihagi prevents the collapse of the worlds by stagnating them through his hax and not raw power.Also,a reason why the Almighty couldn’t work on Mimi was possibly coz hes a conceptually stagnant being whos future cant be seen.So Stagnation Governance should qualify for Conceptual Manip,right???

https://s5.mkklcdnv5.com/************/r1/read_bleach_manga_online_for_free2/chapter_618_the_dark_arm/15.jpghttps://s5.mkklcdnv5.com/************/r1/read_bleach_manga_online_for_free2/chapter_618_the_dark_arm/17.jpg
An example of Yhwach negging a physical attack with Almighty?

https://s5.mkklcdnv5.com/************/r1/read_bleach_manga_online_for_free2/chapter_618_the_dark_arm/15.jpghttps://s5.mkklcdnv5.com/************/r1/read_bleach_manga_online_for_free2/chapter_618_the_dark_arm/17.jpg
An example of Yhwach negging a physical attack with Almighty?
When Ichigo and Renji show up, Ichigo (actually Aizen using KS so Yhwach sees Aizen as Ichigo) swings his sword, then the Almighty eyes shimmer on Yhwach's black goop cloak, and seemingly the attack never reaches him. It's chapter 682 or 683 I think.

Albeit, the period with Yhwach being under KS can get funky, so I'd understand if some people don't want to apply anything Yhwach's Almighty "did" under KS to what it can actually do. Although, to me Yhwach still negated the attack it just turned out it wasn't Ichigo attacking but Aizen using KS to appear as Ichigo.

So if Ichigo gets upgraded to Low 2C does that mean Askin has 4D hax ?
TOAA explained it pretty well, if the God Tiers get upgraded to Low 2-C it wouldn't be because they are 4-D beings, but because they can destroy Low 2-C spaces. Also, Askin seemingly caught Ichigo off guard, so it's not like Askin dropped a full power Ichigo either. Still an impressive hax feat for Askin tho.

I don't think we can say conclusively that he used the Almighty to negate their attacks. Whatever he did was unfortunately off-panel.

I don't think we can say conclusively that he used the Almighty to negate their attacks. Whatever he did was unfortunately off-panel.
While Yhwach was under KS he negated Ichigo's attack on panel. Ichigo swung, Yhwach's eyes appeared, attack never connected.

However, I agree that the stuff that happened in KS was wonky.

While Yhwach was under KS he negated Ichigo's attack on panel. Ichigo swung, Yhwach's eyes appeared, attack never connected.

However, I agree that the stuff that happened in KS was wonky.
I found it funny. Damage was one of the few who supported the idea that each time the eyes open Yhwach was using Almighty and was lying to Ichigo about not using that power. I don't know where he stands now about whole situation, but regardless of KS Yhwach's Almighty never failed to hit Aizen. KS can only affect what he was seeing, not how the power worked on someone.

I don't think KS was just making him see things. Rather it was making a scenario with Yhwach's Knowledge. That is based on the fact that Aizen never saw Renji's bankai or how his power works or Ichigo's bankai but in the scenario that Yhwach was seeing it showed how Renji's power was flawless.
The only way I see it is the KS at that time was using Yhwach's Knowledge of the future to adjust what happens in the scene.
So it might also affect how Yhwach's perception of how his power works too and creating a flawless scene which he does not doubt. Maybe that's why Aizen had to let go of the control.
Aizen never saw both their Bankai's right ? I might be very wrong about that.

Best case scenario is Kubo releases some kind of databook or something explaining the technical aspect of that last fight lol

I highly doubt that. Kubo has managed to keep that under wraps for years. He probably always knew that TYBW arc might get an anime so he never really leaked any info as that would keep drawing everyone's attention and interest towards anime.
We might know how things end but Why things ended like that is a question in everyone's mind.
To think Bleach's ending might be the biggest foreshadowing we got.

I highly doubt that. Kubo has managed to keep that under wraps for years. He probably always knew that TYBW arc might get an anime so he never really leaked any info as that would keep drawing everyone's attention and interest towards anime.
We might know how things end but Why things ended like that is a question in everyone's mind.
To think Bleach's ending might be the biggest foreshadowing we got.
I mean with the anime coming back I wouldn't be surprised if they go into some further detail to explain things, kind of how in JoJo Part 5 the anime goes into more detail to describe King Crimson's ability.

I found it funny. Damage was one of the few who supported the idea that each time the eyes open Yhwach was using Almighty and was lying to Ichigo about not using that power. I don't know where he stands now about whole situation, but regardless of KS Yhwach's Almighty never failed to hit Aizen. KS can only affect what he was seeing, not how the power worked on someone.

I do think Yhwach has the Almighty active; I Just don't don't think he rewrote the future or whatever to stop Ichigo's attack. He could have just blocked him using conventional means.

Back