• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BAN-KAI! Bleach General Discussion

First off, the context of the statement obviously makes it indicate which position is being referred to here. What do you think the term “actually female” used by the person questioning Kubo means here?
Feel like answering this will get me in trouble maybe so gonna pass.
Especially when the sentence he said right after can be read as “what if Yumachika was just lying to provoke Giselle.” What would he be lying about if not the biological thing he was referring to Giselle about. Can you define that term in the context of the question please? Since you seem to think it’s somehow a reach despite the context of the question and answer making it pretty indicative of what they’re referring to.
Where's the lying part in this? There is no mention on lies in any of the scans. Cause the rest of these seems to be based off of 'what if Yumachika was just lying to provoke Giselle'.
Also, if the statement by Kubo can’t be interpreted as him referring to either biology or gender identity, then that means the statement can be disregarded since it can’t be proven one way or the other on what Kubo is referring to when saying that about Giselle. Which means we would have to look at other sources of information to determine what she should be labeled on the wiki. And since Kubo himself directly identifies Giselle as female, and she identifies herself that way, then that’s what the wiki will put on.
Or Kubo doesn't believe in gender identity =/= biology and believes gender identity = biology and that Kubo since he doesn't believe he has to point out a difference between the two.
Kubo himself directly identifies Giselle as male seen through the question, the extra pages in shonen jump, Yumichika, and Charlotte.
Why would characters give to ***** if someone wants to be called a female in a story? Also Bleach Artbook Jet came out in 2018 while the question he answered came out this year iirc. So apparently stuff changed unless you want to say Bleach jet book >>> Klub Kubo.
Where you trying to quote the section? If so just press enter twice.
Ok everything said here is completely irrelevant. If the characters in the story are referring to them as female it’s probably because they identify themselves as female.
If the author says otherwise who takes precedent? The author or the character? What happens if other characters basically imply that the character is just crossdressing etc? Do we still take character x information over character y information?
Second off, it doesn’t matter when it came out because the chapter of Giselle came out all the way back in 2015. So if Kubo is referring to Giselle as female then that means he identifies her as female since this comment was made after bleach has already ended. Also I don’t need to say Bleach Jet Book>>>Klub Kubo since Kubo=Kubo.
Or Giselle is just a crossdress as seen through their reaction from Yumichika and Charlotte.
Kubo made a comment in both mediums and his comments should be taken since Kubo is the author of the story. So Kubo identifies Giselle quite clearly here as female.
Yes if this was true he would have said if not for Klub Kubo and the question posed, along with everything else posted about Giselle.

Feel like answering this will get me in trouble maybe so gonna pass.
Biology. The person questioning Kubo is indicating biology with the use of that language. I’m not asking for what you believe in, just what you think the term means in the context of the statement made.
Where's the lying part in this? There is no mention on lies in any of the scans. Cause the rest of these seems to be based off of 'what if Yumachika was just lying to provoke Giselle'.
The second part of “Maybe Yumichika could’ve just been provoking Giselle” implies that Yumichika would have been lying about what he said to Giselle to provoke her. And the statements he made about Giselle were purely in reference to her biology. Further indicating the question is in reference to Giselle’s biology
Or Kubo doesn't believe in gender identity =/= biology and believes gender identity = biology and that Kubo since he doesn't believe he has to point out a difference between the two.
Kubo himself directly identifies Giselle as male seen through the question, the extra pages in shonen jump, Yumichika, and Charlotte.
If this was the case Kubo would never at any point refer to Giselle with female pronouns. He would only refer to her with exclusively male pronouns. He would never refer to her with female pronouns when talking about her at any point. But he does so maybe you don’t know what Kubo thinks?

Kubo was talking about Giselle’s biology in that question, that’s no indication of what he believes her gender identity to be and literally even in all the novels Giselle is still referred to as female by all the characters around her. So I don’t know what you’re talking about.
Where you trying to quote the section? If so just press enter twice.
I accidentally deleted a section and it resulted in that.
If the author says otherwise who takes precedent? The author or the character? What happens if other characters basically imply that the character is just crossdressing etc? Do we still take character x information over character y information?
But the author didn’t say otherwise since the question was indicating what her biology to be. What her biology is and what her gender identity is are two different things so Kubo can still make that statement and Giselle still be referred to as female. Also what happens if the majority of the characters around them in the majority of instances refer to them as X, why should I take the opinions of one over the majority people more closely associated.
Or Giselle is just a crossdress as seen through their reaction from Yumichika and Charlotte.
You know she could just be mad that they misgendered her right? Her reaction of being angry could be that.
Yes if this was true he would have said if not for Klub Kubo and the question posed, along with everything else posted about Giselle.
This doesn’t make any sense. Kubo is Kubo regardless of which medium he is in or who he talking to. He’s still the same person so when asked a question about bleach his statements are still valid.

Also if Kubo believed what you’re saying then he wouldn’t be using female pronouns when talking about Giselle. The fact that he does so clearly means he identifies Giselle as female.

Wasn't giselle r***ing zombie bambietta. Yumichica said he smelt like *****. So id assume he was doing something to bambi

Biology. The person questioning Kubo is indicating biology with the use of that language. I’m not asking for what you believe in, just what you think the term means in the context of the statement made.
It's asking if Giselle is a male or female. Not if Gisele is a trans male/female and Kubo flat out says Giselle is a male.
The second part of “Maybe Yumichika could’ve just been provoking Giselle” implies that Yumichika would have been lying about what he said to Giselle to provoke her. And the statements he made about Giselle were purely in reference to her biology. Further indicating the question is in reference to Giselle’s biology
When did Yumichika say I'm only talking about Giselle's biology? He didn't. He's talking about in general that Giselle is a male.
If this was the case Kubo would never at any point refer to Giselle with female pronouns. He would only refer to her with exclusively male pronouns. He would never refer to her with female pronouns when talking about her at any point. But he does so maybe you don’t know what Kubo thinks?
What do you know what Kubo thinks? All I have going for my view is the evidence presented. It's basically Occam’s razor, you got to jump through 5 hops to get Giselle as a female while only 3 to get Giselle as a male.
Kubo was talking about Giselle’s biology in that question, that’s no indication of what he believes her gender identity to be and literally even in all the novels Giselle is still referred to as female by all the characters around her. So I don’t know what you’re talking about.
Show where he stated that he was talking about Giselle's biology in this? Don't have the novels or the raws for them so no comment of those.
I accidentally deleted a section and it resulted in that.
Okay.
But the author didn’t say otherwise since the question was indicating what her biology to be. What her biology is and what her gender identity is are two different things so Kubo can still make that statement and Giselle still be referred to as female. Also what happens if the majority of the characters around them in the majority of instances refer to them as X, why should I take the opinions of one over the majority people more closely associated.
It asks if Giselle is actually a female cause it was put into doubt by Yumichika. Cause the only time Giselle ever genders themselves is when they are being threatened by Yumichika and Ikkaku iirc and that's to save themselves from the two shimigami. It's even further supported that Giselle is a guy by these scans at the end of chapter 615.
FJS2pN_XEAcNwKP

FJS2pZgWQAA57hC

You know she could just be mad that they misgendered her right? Her reaction of being angry could be that.
Or you know Giselle got called out for sick acts and can't defend themselves so they go straight for the attack which is shown in every instance Giselle gets called out iirc.
This doesn’t make any sense. Kubo is Kubo regardless of which medium he is in or who he talking to. He’s still the same person so when asked a question about bleach his statements are still valid.
What Kubo medium is right then? The one from 3 years ago or the 1 from a couple of months ago?
Also if Kubo believed what you’re saying then he wouldn’t be using female pronouns when talking about Giselle. The fact that he does so clearly means he identifies Giselle as female.
If Kubo believe that Giselle was a female he would have said Giselle was a female to that question not a dude. He wouldn't have also had info for Giselle and Co at the end of chapter 615 which I posted above.

It's asking if Giselle is a male or female. Not if Gisele is a trans male/female and Kubo flat out says Giselle is a male.
Yeah and the question is in reference to whether or not Giselle is biologically male or female. So Kubo answering that Giselle is biologically male there. This has absolutely zero bearing on Giselle’s gender identity though. So so there’s no contradiction with what Kubo said like you’re trying to make it seem.
When did Yumichika say I'm only talking about Giselle's biology? He didn't. He's talking about in general that Giselle is a male.
What is ***** if not part of a male’s biology? He was specifically talking about what Giselle’s genitalia was. Ergo he was talking about biology. What do you mean “in general.”
What do you know what Kubo thinks? All I have going for my view is the evidence presented. It's basically Occam’s razor, you got to jump through 5 hops to get Giselle as a female while only 3 to get Giselle as a male.
You were the one who made the claim of what Kubo thinks. And I said if he believed in what you claimed than his actions do not align with what supposed belief. And here’s the thing, I don’t have to jump through any hoops for anything in determining Giselle’s gender. Since there’s no hoops for me to jump in the first place. You on the other hand have to jump quite a few hoops to get to the position you are in now.
Show where he stated that he was talking about Giselle's biology in this? Don't have the novels or the raws for them so no comment of those.
What is ***** if not something produced by a male’s genitalia. When Yumichika is talking about the biological functions of a biological male, he is talking about biology.
It asks if Giselle is actually a female cause it was put into doubt by Yumichika. Cause the only time Giselle ever genders themselves is when they are being threatened by Yumichika and Ikkaku iirc and that's to save themselves from the two shimigami. It's even further supported that Giselle is a guy by these scans at the end of chapter 615.
FJS2pN_XEAcNwKP

FJS2pZgWQAA57hC
Cool you literally just proved Giselle refers to herself as a female. They directly said it and what supports that notion is literally all the other characters who are very closely associated with her and the very author himself is referring to her with female pronouns.
Or you know Giselle got called out for sick acts and can't defend themselves so they go straight for the attack which is shown in every instance Giselle gets called out iirc.
Which is also every instance they are misgendered. So all those instances can be the cause of her being misgendered.
What Kubo medium is right then? The one from 3 years ago or the 1 from a couple of months ago?
Why does one have to be right over the other? They’re not mutually exclusive claims nor are they contradictory. So neither one needs to be taken over the other. Kubo is referring to her biology in the most recent one but he identifies her as female and uses female pronouns when addressing her. These two statements can exist simultaneously without being contradictory towards each other.

You having to disregard his statements at all is you having to jump through hoops to get to the position where you’re at.
If Kubo believe that Giselle was a female he would have said Giselle was a female to that question not a dude. He wouldn't have also had info for Giselle and Co at the end of chapter 615 which I posted above.
Why would he say Giselle is biologically female? The question was in reference to her biology so why would Kubo answer with anything other than her biology. If Kubo identifies Giselle as a male then he would use male pronouns when talking about him, but he doesn’t, he uses female pronouns. Which means he identifies her as female.

I literally started to know about the Bleach existence through Minecraft mods

yes someone made a bleach mod in minecraft

what do you think guys.

and to put the cherry on top. Dantdm is reviewing it. (Too bad he sucks now) am really sad

If you guys are interested

i have a Minecraft thread

Yeah and the question is in reference to whether or not Giselle is biologically male or female. So Kubo answering that Giselle is biologically male there. This has absolutely zero bearing on Giselle’s gender identity though. So so there’s no contradiction with what Kubo said like you’re trying to make it seem.
The question asked is Giselle male or female. Not 'is actually Giselle biologically male/biologically female or identified as male/female.'
What is ***** if not part of a male’s biology? He was specifically talking about what Giselle’s genitalia was. Ergo he was talking about biology. What do you mean “in general.”
He's talking about Giselle obviously. Who else would he be talking about? Is Bambi packing heat?
You were the one who made the claim of what Kubo thinks. And I said if he believed in what you claimed than his actions do not align with what supposed belief. And here’s the thing, I don’t have to jump through any hoops for anything in determining Giselle’s gender.
Yes, cause he pointed out what he thinks by saying Giselle is a dude. He isn't saying Giselle is trans or anything or such which is what you're trying to infer from the question.
Since there’s no hoops for me to jump in the first place. You on the other hand have to jump quite a few hoops to get to the position you are in now.
Bruh the hoops you jumping through right now to try and say Giselle is a female/trans is more than I have to say by uploading one scan of Kubo saying Giselle is a guy. It's that simple.
Cool you literally just proved Giselle refers to herself as a female. They directly said it and what supports that notion is literally all the other characters who are very closely associated with her and the very author himself is referring to her with female pronouns.
It's funny how you ignored the 2 scans but go straight for the manga scan. Like you're trying to push something that isn't there. It's not like the question asked was about this whole situation and Kubo shut it down by saying Giselle was a guy.
Which is also every instance they are misgendered. So all those instances can be the cause of her being misgendered.
Or it's cause the act is up as Yumichika states. Giselle doesn't even deny it.
Why does one have to be right over the other?
Cause someone decided to label one as the correct one therefore one is wrong and the other is right. If it was disputed or unknown nothing would have mattered.
They’re not mutually exclusive claims nor are they contradictory. So neither one needs to be taken over the other. Kubo is referring to her biology in the most recent one but he identifies her as female and uses female pronouns when addressing her. These two statements can exist simultaneously without being contradictory towards each other.
Yes, they are. One you have people reaching like yourself claiming he obviously is only talking about biology, not gender identity. While the other(me) is just saying what Kubo said Giselles a dude nothing more nothing less.
You having to disregard his statements at all is you having to jump through hoops to get to the position where you’re at.
Nah that's the people who believe that Giselle = Female when it should be Giselle = Unknown/Giselle = Disputed/Giselle = Male.
Why would he say Giselle is biologically female?
No clue why he would say that since his own words say Giselle is a male.
The question was in reference to her biology so why would Kubo answer with anything other than her biology. If Kubo identifies Giselle as a male then he would use male pronouns when talking about him, but he doesn’t, he uses female pronouns. Which means he identifies her as female.
As I already explained one was in the past and the other is now, and he even uses boku/da yo/kimi which all refers to being a male as I already stated and you ignored it since you don't have an answer to it.

The question asked is Giselle male or female. Not 'is actually Giselle biologically male/biologically female or identified as male/female.'
The context of the question asked is in reference to her biology. We already gone over this. Context is a thing and the way the question is phrased indicates it’s referring to her biology.
He's talking about Giselle obviously. Who else would he be talking about? Is Bambi packing heat?
Right, so since Yumichika was talking about the biological functions of a male, he was talking about her biology. Glad we got that covered.
Yes, cause he pointed out what he thinks by saying Giselle is a dude. He isn't saying Giselle is trans or anything or such which is what you're trying to infer from the question.
Because she had the biology of a male, so he said she was a male. So he’s talking about her biology. Giselle identifies herself as female which makes her trans.
Bruh the hoops you jumping through right now to try and say Giselle is a female/trans is more than I have to say by uploading one scan of Kubo saying Giselle is a guy. It's that simple.
I’m not jumping through any hoops. Since the scan you posted doesn’t contradict anything I’ve said. You on the other hand have to outright ignore what Kubo’s said, which is all I need to demonstrate to show you’re going through way more mental gymnastics to arrive at the position you’re at. I don’t need to disregard anything Kubo has said since nothing he said contradicts anything I’ve said. Unlike you.
It's funny how you ignored the 2 scans but go straight for the manga scan. Like you're trying to push something that isn't there. It's not like the question asked was about this whole situation and Kubo shut it down by saying Giselle was a guy.
The manga>>shonen jump which is an outside source yes. Kubo>shonen jump, yes. It’s very indicative of your positions that you have to go through outside sources instead of just what Kubo said. Also unlike you I don’t have to ignore anything Kubo has said for my positions to stay true, which can’t be said for your positions.
Or it's cause the act is up as Yumichika states. Giselle doesn't even deny it.
What act. There is no act in what Giselle is doing. She identifies as female so she’s a female and the wiki refers to her as such. So I don’t know what “act” you think is being done here.
Cause someone decided to label one as the correct one therefore one is wrong and the other is right. If it was disputed or unknown nothing would have mattered.
What are you talking about. Both statements can exist simultaneously as they do not contradict each other. Therefore no statement has to be put over the other.
Yes, they are. One you have people reaching like yourself claiming he obviously is only talking about biology, not gender identity. While the other(me) is just saying what Kubo said Giselles a dude nothing more nothing less.
No they are not. You have not demonstrated them to be contradictory. Also the questions was phrased in a way that is was in reference to her biology. There’s no reach since I don’t have to say anything about Kubo’s words since they’re fine for the context of the question, you on the other hand have to outright ignore what Kubo identifies Giselle has which is a reach if I’ve ever seen one.
Nah that's the people who believe that Giselle = Female when it should be Giselle = Unknown/Giselle = Disputed/Giselle = Male.
There is no unknown or disputed position here though as she is identified and identifies herself as female. So there’s no dispute, you’re only trying to make it one.
No clue why he would say that since his own words say Giselle is a male.
Yes and both statements can exist simultaneously and are not contradictory to each other. Since Giselle is biologically male but identifies as female. So Kubo is simply identifying her as female. You having to rustle your brain around why Kubo would say this and just having to ignore the statement for your positions just demonstrates how much mental gymnastics you’re going through.
As I already explained one was in the past and the other is now, and he even uses boku/da yo/kimi which all refers to being a male as I already stated and you ignored it since you don't have an answer to it.
And since neither statement contradicts each other they can both exist simultaneously. So there’s no need to disregard them and doing so just proves you simply want to push something that isn’t backed. Also she directly identifies herself as female which is direct confirmation what she identifies as. So her grammar wouldn’t matter since grammar doesn’t prove which gender you are, they’re just used by each gender differently. So again there’s no contradiction since using those doesn’t prove they identify themselves as male. They identify themselves as female as they said themselves. Which is something you also try to disregard since it’s also a bug monkey wrench in your argument.

The response that Arc makes is a good general response without the need to go more specific on debunking each point they will call as an "anti feat".

Back