• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BAN-KAI! Bleach General Discussion

Yhwach knows people weaker than the opponent can't steal bankai. Ebern was getting stomp.
That isn't what he said, he said nobody could control Yamamoto's Bankai except himself, nothing about stealing it

It could also just mean the gap between Yamamoto and the other Sternritter is > the gap between Ebern and Ichigo

Lastly, iirc that statement comes after Ebern failed to steal Ichigo's Bankai so Yhwach could have just not known until then

Shouldn't Ichibē Hyōsube have type 1 Conceptual Manipulation also since he named everything?
0564-008.png

A VS Thread involving Uryu made me think of this, but why exactly do we assume Uryu can use Blut? He's never shown using it and he's not even a pure Quincy, so Isshin's statement isn't valid.

A VS Thread involving Uryu made me think of this, but why exactly do we assume Uryu can use Blut? He's never shown using it and he's not even a pure Quincy, so Isshin's statement isn't valid.
Being a pure Quincy is irrelevant when Ichigo can use Blut. But if I had to guess probably because Yhwach gave all his Sternritter the ability to utilize Blut, as implied by Quilge commenting how Yhwach needs to adjust the Blut strength for the Sternritter, inherently implying it's an ability all Sternritter have.

they’re biologically male but they identity as female therefore the wiki identifies them as female. There we go, discussion over.
Kubo didn't say anything about identifying as a male or female, he just flat out said Giselle is a dude. Nothing about being transgender, if anything you could imply that Giselle is a crossdresser or put possible female under their gender.

Kubo didn't say anything about identifying as a male or female, he just flat out said Giselle is a dude. Nothing about being transgender, if anything you could imply that Giselle is a crossdresser or put possible female under their gender.
Right, that doesn’t really talk about what was said in that Giselle identifies herself as female. Hence the wiki identifies her as female. Kubo can just be referring to her biology in the statement. In fact literally Kubo himself uses female pronouns when referring to her. Soooo yeah.

Right, that doesn’t really talk about what was said in that Giselle identifies herself as female. Hence the wiki identifies her as female. Kubo can just be referring to her biology in the statement. In fact literally Kubo himself uses female pronouns when referring to her. Soooo yeah.
My bro, Kubo didn't mince words in his answer and the question doesn't ether. We also have Giselle using 'Boku' which refers to oneself as a boy apparently and even uses 'da yo' and 'kimi' as well. TBH the second part is a weak argument compared to Kubo flat out declaring Giselle's a guy. But hey an argument is an argument.
796mtbh.png

My bro, Kubo didn't mince words in his answer and the question doesn't ether. We also have Giselle using 'Boku' which refers to oneself as a boy apparently and even uses 'da yo' and 'kimi' as well. TBH the second part is a weak argument compared to Kubo flat out declaring Giselle's a guy. But hey an argument is an argument.
796mtbh.png
Yes Kubo didn’t mince his words, and looking at the statement and the question posed it’s clear Kubo was referring to her biology. So this statement doesn’t discredit the wiki rating. We also have Kubo quite clearly referring to Giselle as a female with using female pronouns for her.

“J: What sort of motive did you have to make the Bambis the subject matter?

Kubo: I didn’t get to draw these five individuals in colour much within the original work, but since I’m quite pleased with them I decided to draw this.

—— J: Are they watching a horror movie or something in this piece?

Kubo: That’s right. After taking the liberty of showing up at Bambietta’s house uninvited, they welcomed themselves to eat whatever her home has to offer whilst watching a horror movie.

—— J: But Giselle, she’s not watching the movie is she (laughs).

Kubo: Yeah. She comes barging in without asking and yet she doesn’t watch the movie (laughs).”

We also have all the characters in story referring to her as female as well. So I don’t understand your point of contention here. In the statement you’re referring to Kubo is referring to her biology, but as for identification goes, everyone including Kubo himself identifies her as a she. Hence the wiki does too.

Yes Kubo didn’t mince his words, and looking at the statement and the question posed it’s clear Kubo was referring to her biology. So this statement doesn’t discredit the wiki rating. We also have Kubo quite clearly referring to Giselle as a female with using female pronouns for her.
Yeah, he didn't say anything about biology or gender identity if he was he would have said Giselle identifies as a chick but he didn't. He was asked if Giselle is a chick and flatly replied that Giselle is a dude. To infer that Kubo is talking about biology only is to reach for a chosen outcome that isn't there.

“J: What sort of motive did you have to make the Bambis the subject matter?

Kubo: I didn’t get to draw these five individuals in colour much within the original work, but since I’m quite pleased with them I decided to draw this.

—— J: Are they watching a horror movie or something in this piece?

Kubo: That’s right. After taking the liberty of showing up at Bambietta’s house uninvited, they welcomed themselves to eat whatever her home has to offer whilst watching a horror movie.

—— J: But Giselle, she’s not watching the movie is she (laughs).

Kubo: Yeah. She comes barging in without asking and yet she doesn’t watch the movie (laughs).”

We also have all the characters in story referring to her as female as well. So I don’t understand your point of contention here. In the statement you’re referring to Kubo is referring to her biology, but as for identification goes, everyone including Kubo himself identifies her as a she. Hence the wiki does too.

Why would characters give to ***** if someone wants to be called a female in a story? Also Bleach Artbook Jet came out in 2018 while the question he answered came out this year iirc. So apparently stuff changed unless you want to say Bleach jet book >>> Klub Kubo.

OR Kubo acknowledged that she's genetically male but identifies as a female via her and others' use of female pronouns to describe her 🗿
Odd for her to use boku which refers to oneself as a boy apparently and 'da yo'/'kimi'. This also infers that Kubo obliviously is only talking about biology, not gender identity which likely isn't the case. Since the question makes no difference into if Giselle identifies as a female or is biologically a female only if Giselle is a female or not.

Yeah, he didn't say anything about biology or gender identity if he was he would have said Giselle identifies as a chick but he didn't. He was asked if Giselle is a chick and flatly replied that Giselle is a dude. To infer that Kubo is talking about biology only is to reach for a chosen outcome that isn't there.
First off, the context of the statement obviously makes it indicate which position is being referred to here. What do you think the term “actually female” used by the person questioning Kubo means here? Especially when the sentence he said right after can be read as “what if Yumachika was just lying to provoke Giselle.” What would he be lying about if not the biological thing he was referring to Giselle about. Can you define that term in the context of the question please? Since you seem to think it’s somehow a reach despite the context of the question and answer making it pretty indicative of what they’re referring to.

Also, if the statement by Kubo can’t be interpreted as him referring to either biology or gender identity, then that means the statement can be disregarded since it can’t be proven one way or the other on what Kubo is referring to when saying that about Giselle. Which means we would have to look at other sources of information to determine what she should be labeled on the wiki. And since Kubo himself directly identifies Giselle as female, and she identifies herself that way, then that’s what the wiki will put on.
Why would characters give to ***** if someone wants to be called a female in a story? Also Bleach Artbook Jet came out in 2018 while the question he answered came out this year iirc. So apparently stuff changed unless you want to say Bleach jet book >>> Klub Kubo.
Ok everything said here is completely irrelevant. If the characters in the story are referring to them as female it’s probably because they identify themselves as female. Second off, it doesn’t matter when it came out because the chapter of Giselle came out all the way back in 2015. So if Kubo is referring to Giselle as female then that means he identifies her as female since this comment was made after bleach has already ended. Also I don’t need to say Bleach Jet Book>>>Klub Kubo since Kubo=Kubo.

Kubo made a comment in both mediums and his comments should be taken since Kubo is the author of the story. So Kubo identifies Giselle quite clearly here as female.

Back