• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Badlands of The Post-Apocalypto Thread 6

@Overlord: You eventually come across a state border, welcoming you to Oklahoma. There are some tire tracks by the sign.

@Drite: You find Corvus, getting ready for spelunking apparently.

@Phoenix: The cave goes straight down at an extreme slope.

@Paul: There is no shaft.

@Dragon: "Here." He says, handing you the address. It's rather out of the way and is around a mile from the town center.

@Adem: The mall is gated off with barbed wire fence. It appears to be occupied as a military base now.

Corvus turns around, noticing her.

"I'm just looking around, bought a map in town and saw what were marked as "secret caves", this was one of them. It's a steep drop, but I could just warp down."

@Phoenix

"Well, are you planning to do that?"

@Faruel

"Been trapped in a strange building for some time, it wasn't pleasant"

@Dragon: Sandwiched between a grocery store on its left and a pile of rubble on its right, the building is a wreck. It's mostly brick and concrete that's cracked from age, is painted an extremely faded dark red, and has vines creeping up on either sides. The door is ajar.

@Overlord: The tires lead north into the state.

"Secret caves, eh? Well, it seems fun. Never considered myself a spelunker but there's a first time for everything."

"Well, she can fly, so she'd have no trouble getting down there." Corvus says, pointing to Quentima.

"Do you need me to carry you along for the warp, or can you also fly?" Corvus then asks Sophie.

"Hmm, well, they probably heard the gun shots from earlier anyway."

Nero steps back and unleashes a beam with Excalibur at the door, trying to break it down

"I wish I could fly, but no, not an option," she said with a shake of her head before pointing at the miner she took from the town over. "He's got the same issue. Alison's got a way down herself, though."

"Well, flying is an overstatement, i can fall slowly, still good enough. Anyway, do you want me to carry you down there to the cave Riktor?"

"Alrighty" the thot says as she holds Riktor with her arms

"Now, let's jump on this!" She says as she does that, jump into the cave

Riktor clung to Quentima by the waist with one arm, while looking towards the cave, thanks to his enhanced view he could see well even in the dark.

@Paul: The door is vaporized, leaving nothing in its wake. The door leads to stairs that continue downward into another room and end there. The room you find yourself in appears to be a command room, with tables filled with maps, files, and various other items. There are several soldiers guarding a door at the end of the room, immediately shooting at you when they see you.

@Cavers: The cave has a flat floor about 50 feet down past the rough slide. It's almost entirely dark, the only bit of light being from the entrance at the top. The ground is rough and the air is dusty.

@Faruel: You can see that there's a path ahead that leads deeper into the cave.

@Adem: The oil fields are vast an expansive, several fracking devices working their magic and extracting the black gold. There's a small village in the center of the field made up of 3 houses, but the field itself is surrounded by barbed wire fences with only a single entrance at the front.

Sophie and her other wonderful servant hop on and are transported down to the cave. Seeing just how dark it was, she frowned and sparked a flame, dancing across the palm of her hand to light up the surrounding area. Alison was next to them, getting down the cave via her own methods.

"Well, would be a pickle to explore this without light"

Quentima says as she uses her ki to produce some light

Nero swings, firing off another beam as he dives into cover behind a table. He then tries to flip the table, and, recognizing it as a sort of shield with Knight of Owner, reinforce and boost it, in order to use it to push forwards as he fires rounds with the rifle towards some of the soldiers

"A real luck that almost all of us are not hindered by the darkness, in my case I can see in the dark ... and I also see a path," exclaimed Riktor.

The fire lights up the cave. The wall glitter, lined with some type of shiny mineral. The place is actually rather small, walls on both sides only being about 15 feet apart.

@Paul: The table works handily as a shield, but suddenly you find yourself blasted with fire, going past the table and into your face. The soldiers behind you offer some supporting fire, but an equal number of them are shot at and taken out.

Upon being hit by the fire, and noting the soldiers being taken out, Nero decides now was as good a time as any to use it

A dome of energy went out from him, surrounding the room, destroying everything in its path and creating Jinku Enkido, all the hostile soldiers that were brought inside are knocked to the ground by the tremors of an earthquake, and from there, they are subjected to double the gravity of earth, and as frightful images danced about, they would feel a crippling sense of fear.

As this occured, Nero was healed and amped by Jinku Enkido, firing rounds to finish off the grounded soliders, and looking around the room for any remaining enemies if the dome stood up

@Overlord: The tracks head on for a long while, but before long you come up on a shoddily made sign saying "Heaven On Earth, 20 miles north"

@Paul: The earthquake destroys the group attacking you while also knocking down your own allies. The enemies are destroyed (giving you a soul of animus). Behind them is another locked door, this one looking heavily fortified and durable. There's both a keycard and an eye scanner at the side of it.

Well, that went well, hopefully the others understand that this was better than dragging the fight out. That door is tougher than the last though, wonder what's inside.

Nero checks the bodies for a keycard

Torlikoff said:
@Overlord: The tracks head on for a long while, but before long you come up on a shoddily made sign saying "Heaven On Earth, 20 miles north"
Ukyo walks up to the sign, putting an hand on it while observing it.

"Eh Eh, it seems like somene got quite the ego ... or some fair trap making skills."

The ice user comments, thinking about if to proceed forth or not.

But in the end, the curiosityto see what is it is too big, so he decides to continue moving north

@Phoenix: The pit below shines the same as the walls around you, but more dense. The place goes even deeper and makes a turn, so you can't see what's at the end. You do see a small skeleton by the turn, but it's in shambles.

@Paul: One of the bodies has a key card on it, labelled as level 4 access.

@Dragon: The building is rough, but not impossible to fix up. There's mold in the corner and a box of needles on a table in the center. There's a staircase heading both up and down.

@Overlord: 10 miles later, you see another sign saying "Heaven, 10 miles ahad." It seems to be written in a dried brown paint.

Back