• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Badlands of The Post-Apocalypto Thread 3

Bad idea buddy 'ol pal.

I reach over my shoulder with the opposite hand, yanking on the man's arm with my full strength

The mine has 2 people in front of it with whips and pistols.

"Unless you're going to start working here nobody is allowed in the mines at daytime hours." A woman says, hand near holster.

@Hl3: The man screams as his arm pops off, falling to the ground due to the pain. and wriggling in agony.

@Paul: The first building you see is marked as a clinic.

@Overlord: The complex is locked, a sign saying "Residents, You should be working now, not lazing around like a bum at home. Work from 6am to 10PM."

@Overlord: The sign is old.

@Paul: Inside is there are a few filthy beds with some unconscious men on them. There's a doctor injecting something into one of them, absorbed in his work.

The mine guard says "Some peons tend to attempt to escape, rather than work off their debt. This is where all work in Coalburn is done."

"Why would we make an exception for you?" The woman says. "It's the debt of being provided a place to live, healthcare, and food. Bad deal to run from."

@Hl3: As you continue south the air gets thicker as a layer of fog begins to surround you.

@Dragon: The gate leads to a more well kept, nice road. There's a map of the local area and even an occasional vehicle on the road.

@Crim: Old Bill begins ranting to the child about how amazing the old days were and how the kid should listen to his elders.

"Do you also want to look inside? Allow me." Corvus says, he strokes his hand lightly across his bow, and, in less than a second, the two guards are surrounded in light blue glowing threads, not impacting them directly but preventing them from moving to any significant degree without being sliced.

"No reason not to. They didn't seem too likely to let you in, I'll remove the threads once we leave." Corvus replies.

"Err ... why do we have to go into that mine? Basically it's just a mine ... I don't think it has anything so special"

"You see, there are likely more guards, if they were to see this situation, they would shoot us on sight. Besides, i am ok in not going there, and why you even did that to me? We have just met each other" Quentima says, clearly not liking Corvus' action

Surprised that they have a doctor in this place.

"What are you injecting him with, is he sick?" Nero asks

I emit a slight sigh.

"Okay, let's go inside ... and if we find metal to sell so much better", I exclaim in a not very enthusiastic tone.

"... Alright, just let rush, the faster we go, the faster we leave which reduces our chances of getting shot by other guards"

"Don't worry, I can heal you from a bullet shot ... not to the head though", I reply, starting to go inside the mine.

Sigh

"I am thinking that this was a bad idea, but fine, let's see what we can find there"

Quentima says as she enters the mine, using her ki to illuminate if the place was dark, while trying to see if there was a strong person in it

"Anyway, this team needs more communication ... next time if someone has an idea, I would appreciate if they talked about it with the others"

"Remain careful once we head to the exit. If they manage to call for help, it's better for us to get the drop on them, not the other way around." Corvus states.

Back