• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Badlands of The Post-Apocalypto: The Rough Start

Life in the wastelands could be worse. Humanity is barely present anymore with less than a million people in what remains of the USA, a central government is all but a dream, and barbaric tribes battle for dominance in what remains of the once great state of Texas, but it could be worse. There are still people surviving hundreds of years after the death of humanity, some even having formed towns and basic economies. Then things got worse, as fires began ravaging the area and destroying what had taken years to be rebuilt in a matter of hours, forcing those people out of those towns and out east, into the remains of the bombed out city of Longview, Texas. A few have set up shelter in the shell of the town, though nothing permanent exists in the current state.

What these people didn't know was that there was a special property to the power of Animus that they were unaware of. There are many people strong in the way of Animus, but most know nothing of how it works, and thus are unaware that strong conduits of Animus tend to attract each other. Some would call it fate, some would call it superstition, but no matter what you call it, some part of it is true. The people here are all strong with Animus beyond most others in the wasteland and have all been brought together into the center of this town.

The sun is hanging low. The sky is darkening. The air is thick with silence.

Player Sandbox

Meta Thread

"Oh Oh, it seems i wasn't the only one to pick the place."

Ukyou comments as he sees that there are other people in the town.

A low grumble escapes my lips as I view all the people who apparently came here at the same time I did. I really should've tried for somewhere especially inhospitable, but look where I am now...

Nero looks around the town center, noting all the others in the area

"Wasn't expecting to run into this many people here." He mumbles to himself

At the edge of the city center Cole sat on top of a wooden box in an abandoned building. Cole, the Manslayer is what they called him. What a joke. He killed women too if they had it coming.

Right now Cole was contemplating what to do. The three fresh corpses around him smelled, but he was used to that. Assholes had tried to get the jump on him and steal his water. But what would be his next move? He knew he wasn't the only one that came here. Both opportunities and a lot of trouble had come here too, although those two weren't mutually exclusive anyway. They were almost the same thing in a sense. He let out a sigh and stood up.

"Looks like lots of people are here too! It's rare that we see so many people randomly in the same place nowadays."

"I'm running from the damn fires, now shut the hell up!" An old voice screams, coming from a figure covered in a scrounged together cloak. The figure is huddling in the doorway of a destroyed building.

Rika breaths out some smoke. "Mhm, that so?" She starts looking around for anything useful, with a slightly bored look on her face.

There are a few buildings that are in almost good condition. There's a small supermarket, a music store, and a bank of some sorts.

There is a group of people around a fire, all in rancher like clothes.

A tall, muscular, and angry looking man with some sort of sharp object attached to a stick opens the door.

"I already called this place. Don't come in if you know what's good for you."

Dark Priestess looks around. Her long-flowing black hair shifting as she walks about the town followed by two of her followers.

"P-Priestess...this is!?"

Even individuals as irrelevant as them could recognize the disparity in power between themselves and the people who were gathered in this town. A truly rare occurrence.

Dark Priestess herself, didn't pay much attention to any of those people. She never worried herself over such things.

As a truly beautiful woman (Most would say, the most beautiful woman they've ever seen). The queen of destruction. The incarnation of elegance, beauty, and darkness. She never would never involve herself in the matters of savages.

She merely came here to try and find old remnants of entertainment from centuries ago. She had found some things previously in other towns, and now she scavenges the abandoned buildings of this town to find them.

@Tor

After a few minutes of charging, a below of steam appears. Out of the steam comes a green-colored Helter Skelterabout the size of the Fate Hercules, with a rather large serrated blade as well. The bot walks back to the supermarket with Rika on its shoulder. "Hey, would you like to reconsider your previous choices?" She says boredly with a cig in her mouth.

@Tor

Rika rolls her eye's. "Suit yourself." The bot quickly swings down its blade onto the mans head with extreme force.

"So noisy..."

The town seems not so different from all the others i've seen before, although a surprising number of people gathered here... much to my dismay. I should stay out of trouble...

I go to a random building.

@Faruel

"I don't think you picked up yet, but people are probably just ignoring you."

Ukyo comments, as he goes look at how the supermarket thing goes.

"Hmmmmm....... I wonder how many people are here exactly? I guess I should look for to see where the most people are. Safety in numbers after all."

Seems like most of the people here, predictably, aren't the most friendly. Nero thinks, watching everyone scatter

Shrugging, he makes his way towards one of the buildings that was still standing, which appeared to be a bank.

"A relic of what things used to be like, although they aren't exactly important now. I wonder if anything was left inside." He says aloud to himself, walking to the entrance

@Hl3 and @Crimson: Through some coincidence, both of you end up at an unoccupied building that seems to have been a restaurant at one point.

@The Divine Phoenix: The door is be blocked off by fallen concrete

@Junko: The man brings up his weapon to defend himself but is a hair too late, his skull is crushed and he dies, a small red mist flying into Rika. (It is a fifth of a soul's worth of Animus.)

@Paul: The bank has money strewn about the floor. The vault is open.

Corvus could see One of the most beautiful women in his life, maybe the incarnation of beauty, since, her beauty emited radiant rays of light, as the concept of beauty screamed her a fairly tall woman, she looked mostly normal, outside of her significant cleavage, showing almost all of her breast.

She was sitting there looking for something, maybe the entrance of the palce, until she noticed Corvus approaching, in which she gives a smile to the man

"Hello cutie, looking for something, or maybe" She than approached Corvus "Someone to have fun~"

"Oh Oh, nice hit there"

Ukyo comments as he sees the silver mecha kill the man, as he walk his way in to the supermarket to see what the person had inside.

Rika sighs and looks at the corpse. "You coulda avoided this, but oh well." She and her robot go inside and look for anything useful to loot.

Looking at the one with me, he seems like the quiet one... i like it that way.

I start lazying looking for some ""resources"". Maybe some food.

Nero leans down and picks up a single bill and looks it over, knowing it was almost useless now besides for stoking flames. He pockets the bill anyway however, and continues heading through the building, walking into the vault.

@Adem

The bot just casually cuts through with its blade and continues to carry Rika. "Hey, don't make the same mistake as that guy did. I'm not really looking for fights here, but if you force my hand I'll have to defend myself." She says casually. She and the Helter Skelter go back to looking for some nice loot.

Priestess walks into the bookstore. Not at all paying attention to any other individuals, but maintaining a constant thin barrier around herself.

@Phoenix: The concrete is destroyed and the door is knocked off. There's little light in the store and Corvus can't make out anything but a pile of partially melted CDs.

@Junko: There isn't much in the store. There are some unopened cans and boxes, but the place is mostly empty. What was once a produce section is now a wall of mold. There are bugs like cockroaches everywhere.

@Paul: The vault is filled with now useless money and a few bars of gold. There are dozens of lockboxes in it.

@Crimson: There's a wall of unopened bags of food you've never seen before.

"This seems to be a music store, I thought there might be something interesting to see here." Corvus replies, seemingly either oblivious to or consciously ignoring the woman's advances.

Corvus then steps to the side, moving so as to have a clear shot on the fallen concrete, draws Failnaught and fires 10 arrows from it to shatter through it. He then walks through the store, lightly strumming his strange harp-like bow, he looks to see if anything functional could be found.

Back