• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Azur Lane Discussion Thread

Posting quite a bit here for the stuff that will be important for an AL blog I hope on making whenever I have the chance and time. All of this are text linked directly from AL wiki's memories log pages and they have all of the text in a few languages including ENG so we have that to go by and perhaps the others if by some odd chance we need those.

Anywho here's all that I can find that's relevant, primarily, to the Sirens and other ships associated with them like Code G/Alterprise. For now I'll post the ones that are of the main verse's storyline. So here it is:

• In Winter's Crow, Alterprise made a Singularity on her own that would have blown up half of the Northern Union (which is Russia) were it to be collapsed according to Purifier's calculations. A calc was made of this a while back on Narutoforums that got anywhere from 321 Teratons to 3 Exatons. Here, that's High 6-B (low-end) to High 6-A (high-end).
  • In Scherzo of Iron and Blood, Bismarck attempts to perform a suicide by dragging all nearby Siren ships and crushing them into dust before absorbing them to create a huge explosion. While it's not known how powerful it is, Bismarck DOEs survive it but with half of her rigging in ruins. This chapter also has Bismarck talking to Observer about "infinite possibilites" that the latter and others have seen, implying that they can observe that many.
  • In Ashen Simulacrum, Ember/Alter Takao sliced apart not only shells and fighter planes targeting her but also cut the ocean in half. It's noted that what she did is as comparable to or even stronger than Bismarck's. Bismark's power in the above event storyline allowed her to wreck KGV's battleship armor, leaving a gaping hole in it and the latter remarking how it "melted through like nothing" or something of that nature so there could be something to that.
    • Later in said storyline after they left, Alterprise and Observer Zero talk and the latter mentions things like beacons "bending timelines" and her "Master's authority over timeline observation, control, and travel", so we got some time related sheninagins here.
  • In Swirling Cherry Blossoms, Ember does...something and cuts the Watatsumi, which turns out to be a fake, behind Nagato without harming the latter who was trying to protect it by placing herself between it and Ember. Seems like some spatial cutting or such where Ember could cut something or someone behind other another without harming the latter but I can't really interpret this properly.
    • As mentioned earlier before this, the Watatsumi is supposedly a sacred item of the Sakura Empire that allows them to create ships of their own; even those that never existed at all as with the case of Suruga. Another thing is "Shinano", one of the "Catalysts" of the Sakura Empire, is mentioned as being "aware of everything" that's happening while sleeping but how much this is taken as true is unknown due to being called as rumors by Yamashiro. Could be true but I'll let y'all decide.
That's all I got for rn. If there's anything else I'm missing, TacticalNuke could point them out or post them even. I am aware that the crossover events also have stuff related to Sirens that can apply to them in the main game storyline but I'll leave for this for rn as I want to get the stuff out of the main storyline cleared first.

Guess I'll post out more of what I found so far for the potential AL profiles and other such stuff, this time with the collab events.

While IDK if we're even gonna do collab pages (though given that crossover pages are a thing...for now, we might as well maybe give this a try by talking it over), they do contain stuff that the Sirens in the main story events could also do if not already can.

• As TacticalNuke posted a few months back last year, a Dark version of Fubuki (the virtual Ytuber) could "control the weather, manufacture pieces, predict the future with simulations, and observe other dimensions". IDK about the weather part but at least the latter 3 are ones the Sirens, or at least the higher ups (Oberserver, Tester, etc.) can do that so perhaps them being able to control the weather isn't far off.
  • Sirens can apparently detect things from beyond their dimension/world, as Tester sensed the presence of the Neptunia characters and their doppelgangers. So I guess cross-dimensional senses or some such.
  • Going back on the Fubuki post, I looked at the earlier memory portions and indeed a mirrior sea can affect things like the weather on top of messing around with tech like the latest event having communications being cut off from the Commander (Us) from our fleet. What also gives credits to this, though I didn't make a scan of this from my phone yet, is how Omitter, the new Siren that debutted in the new event, has shown tech that is able to screw around with the Azur Lane's equipment, with stuff like communicators to radar scanners and targetting system(?) going jack when they fought her. DK how it was done but it shows even more of what Sirens can do with their tech alone.
Thinking at this point on doing an actual blog and gathering this all up in one place. Profiles being made while that's happening can be done whenever and whatever, anything's fine to do for me.

Edit: Another thing I just remembered is the Sirens having backup bodies in case their current one is destroyed as shown in Purifier's case in the end of Winter's Crown so the Sirens have Type 6 Immortality in being able to jump to another body when their current one is destroyed.

Plot wise, the Sirens seem to be far more powerful than any playable ship or even groups of them, considering they've never been serious. Heck, whenever AL "wins" against them, its cuz the Sirens just leave after gathering data. In the latest event, the Siren Omitter openly acknowledges that she's been reading a script to sound more evil. And the Sirens always make it a point to tell AL to get stronger. And looking at Alterprise and various other instances of Siren activity, there seems to be a bigger plot in play.

My theory is that there's a powerful enemy that will appear sometime in the future, which is even more powerful than the Sirens and the Sirens are fighting against them, in a losing cause. The SKK likely dies causing Enterprise to go become Enterprise Alter. The Sirens themselves seem to be future members of AL (playable Siren faction when?) and aren't an inherently evil faction, with their aim being to plunge the world into endless conflict so that there is an escalation in the research of military hardware and technology. This will enable AL to become further advanced and hence more prepared for when this big enemy finally appears. Thus, while the Sirens may have failed, at least AL will succeed.

This also ties into Takao Alter's attempts at destroying the Watatsumi. The Sakura Empire may be the only major faction that is still not a scientific society (even though Akashi is a thing), relying on worship and rituals to get things done. By destroying the object of worship, Takao Alter may have been trying to force a change in their way of life, so Science and technological development gets more emphasis. Akagi has also been plotting something along these lines for a very long time.

Yup.

That script part was pretty funny in its own way.

I also saw that on a reddit post explaining the plot of AL (I think) and on TV Tropes, which makes me curious on how powerful it is that even the Sirens alone can't defeat it.

That seems to be the cause of why Code G/Alter Enterprise is what she is. Ember's case is unknown but wonder how bad it was that she's just in as much of a worse state like Ash.

The new event also implies that Alterprise could possess her normal counterpart, so some more freaky stuff will be shown after this it seems. Possibly the same might happen to normal Takao.

The Sirens have access to the Natural Calculus System, a system that controls and encompassess all potential universes, which consistently are stated to be infinite and such possibilities are implied to be a bypoduct of one universe's future. The Sirens also have control over all possibilities themselves through their powers, being capable of adjusting variables in order to get some desired conclusion and deciding what happens across any and every possible future to whatever capacity they desire.

@Kaito2000: I've seen that information used on that Omniversal Battles wikia or whatever.

Really cool that they have AL tho, so it doesn't matter if it's pulled off from there or not lol. Although I will say that if you look at the Chinese text, things like Glorious's Dawn Quote to the Bismarck event will have the possibilities be remarked as Endless rather than the English version saying Infinite.

You can tell this off if you inspect the whole line of Glorious and one of Bismark's line in her...I guess flashback-ish talk with Observer? The Hyperdimension Neptunia crossover event also mentions the use of countless in the original Chinese version.

The point I'm trying to get here is that, for what I understand and have seen on some threads, Countless/Endless doesn't equate to Infinite for the sense that the former implies that it is finite but goes on for so long it's hard to even count them all while ofc the latter is just...well, infinite. Either version we use for the potential profiles though, AL will still be Tier 2 no matter how you look at it even if it's just through hax or the like.

Although I do have one question among this: Where in TF does the Natural Calculus System first get mentioned at? I ask this cuz I don't quite remember where in the game does this ever get mentioned and would like to know some reference of point to check that out.

@TacticalNuke002: Kek, imagine the personality shift in an Altered version of Ark Royal and fans actually come to like her as much as the OG ver if not more lol.

@Qliphoth Bacikal Tbh I forgot about the name being that but I will search it up. I think it is in the Ashen Simulacrum if not then in Fallen wings I forgot.

I think the English version named the thing differently but there is definitely a chapter where the Sirens mentioned about using something to see and adjust countless timelines outcome to their desires and will.

We might get more than just Hiryuu and Ark Royal alters tbh.

Since there were mentioned some others didn't come. Would be nice to see a Zuikaku alter because I think she deserves it more than Takao given history and story.

Yeah, I'm just as curious as to where that name came up than them actually being able to deal with possibilities.

And yes, they do. Most times I see them use infinite but there are points where they use something like "myriad possibilities" such as the second part of the Hyperdimension Neptunia crossover event.

Like I said: However version that's used, they're up there for countless 2-B (Chinese) or Infinite 2-A (Eng) for hax related abilities.

Although I do sorta think we should also look for their more general physical ish feats. Well mainly they fight using their riggings but the same nonetheless. I've seen Omniversal Battles using them at 8-A for destroying WW2 era ships but IDK if that would be rated as such over here unless it's looked at or done with a calc here.

Something to also consider thinking about as well, to put it out there.

A Kan-sen can easily destroy more than dozens of mass produced warships. Also if you want to count the anime, don't Enterprise tank a nuclear missile that's suppose to pulverize a whole island as well?

Considering humanity is powerless against Sirens and have no mean to actually hurt them and can only fight them thanks to the technology of wisdom cube (stated by Akashi in the research open event) Might be safe to say that conventional weapon won't work on them I guess?

Oh that, I can understand. It's more like what the result would be for them actually destroying them are. It's definitely in the more higher range of Tier 8 I would suspect but not know exactly where.

As for the humanity vs Sirens bit, I would take that as them just not being able to fight off against their more superior firepower and technology. Then again, the Kansen are using exactly that from WW1~2 yet they're able to keep up with them in battle. It could be that or just their nature as Kansen but I would think it's just humans and their guns just aren't able to really do harm to them or anything.

Edit: Basically, I think it's weird to say that when the Kansen are still essentially using conventional weapons to fight off the Sirens despite the matters more superior tech and firepower. There's actually even moments where the Sirens can be fought back with it, like Purifier getting crippled in her battle cuz of Juneau sneak attack in the NYC attack event or Omitter retreating after the North Union ships kept blasting her non-stop in the Overture event.

I mean, the current event in Azur lane is not world war II era since it is stated they are repeating another same war still in the future. Considering that humanity cannot fend off the sirens means that they have tried their most advanced tech like the nuclear powered carrier? And still losing until the wisdom cube came . Though Sirens were created from the image of Kan-sen as observer stated to code G that they were made of her image. And Hiryuu even supported that statement about Sirens were actually just kan-sen subtitutes. So I guess even their riggings look like that of world war 2, they are as advanced as the Sirens tech.

I guess that can be a point. Forgot about that, though it's been a short while since the last event. Plus I've been focused on other things so stuff like this can elude me VERY FAST.

I did find this when trying to figure out what counts as "conventional weaponry". But yeah, pointing that out, the Kansen's weaponry also don't operate like their IRL forms so there is some point as to their weapons not falling under normal weapons of humanity.

But I still doubt it a bit since you can also look at this as them just being too durable for human weapons to harm them instead of them being outright immune to their weapons.

With the power of DETERMINATION and BUMP, i shall ressurrect this thread to alive
Hmmm, not bad, not bad, but again nothing more than discussion about shipfu, if you hope for a vsbattle profile for the verse, i think we should wait for 2-3 year more, or unless Yostar decide to grace us with a full fledged anime with action and fight. There are no hope for the verse though

Hmmm, not bad, not bad, but again nothing more than discussion about shipfu, if you hope for a vsbattle profile for the verse, i think we should wait for 2-3 year more, or unless Yostar decide to grace us with a full fledged anime with action and fight. There are no hope for the verse though

Just saying, are you ignored the discussion about AL potential above?

Forgot this was a thing.

IDK about the others but I stopped playing Azur Lane a while back lol.

Got really burned out from playing that and other games xD

Waiting is the only word i couls say to you.
Actually in the anniversary short video we could have some feat for shipgirls, but other tham the basic thing like speed, ap. We can't hardly make a profile
Why not use in-game feat? The gameplay are tied with story and vice versa. An example for this is FGO which have Servant skills conjugate with in-game feats.

Yeah sure, some of dialogue sound like hyperbole and flowery but most are consistent with game description and how they were portrayed.

Why not use in-game feat? The gameplay are tied with story and vice versa. An example for this is FGO which have Servant skills conjugate with in-game feats.

Yeah sure, some of dialogue sound like hyperbole and flowery but most are consistent with game description and how they were portrayed.
believe i research many time, most of them are hyperbole and flowery at best. And yeah we could use skill to make abilities, but most of them was stats amp, reduce, damage boost. Nagato, Bismarck are one of the most useful ship in the game will be one of the most useless character in vsbattle because if we in standard vs battle, their skill is stats amp but only amp allies, or some other skill require allies on the field to stats amp themself which is useless in vs battle when most of the fight is just 1 vs 1. Even then unlike DBH character which have summon skill to actually use allies abilities, Azur Lane have none so yes character with stats amp allies will be totally useless. And don't believe in that omniversal battlefield page, they just see 1 word concept and they think AL character have concept manip despite nothing prove that is concept manip, just because the Natural Calculus System could see infinite possibility doesn't mean it 2-A either, at best it is just Future Predict abilities that could see into infinite timeline, and i racking the entire lore and can't find a thing stated that that system could control everything at 2-A scale. It could be in the future because the lore is still expanding, but right now, 2-A is a no. And Akashi, actually she is one of the most unreliable when it come to knowledge.
Well let me sum up about most AL character
  • Barage skill will be Danmaku
  • Crit Hit, and some other damage increase skill will be Damage Boost
  • Buff and Debuff will just be Stats Amp and Stats Reduce, same with other skill to increases and reduce stats
  • Some ship like Eugen who could create shiel will have Shield Creation
  • They will have Energy Project and limited Matter Manip (could create ammunition from nothing, aircraft, torpedoes, etc...but limited only to their weapon, but i think this is more creation feat than matter manip feat)
  • They will have limited Size Manip because they could transform they full-fledged ship version into their rigging
  • They will have limited Creation (could create the clone version of their full-fledged ship version but way weaker)
  • Superhuman Characteristic is...well, obviously, but should have a note that without their rigging they only possess normal human strength (the prove is in Illustrious secretary quest)
  • According to anniversary short video Waspite will have limited Air Manip, Bismarck will have eh Black Hole Creation???? not sure much
  • Ah yes they will also have Status Effect Inducement
  • About Resistance, i don't know, but they will not have resistance to almost everything. possibly they will have resistance to poison i think cause they are ship??? and possibly Inorganic Philosophy????? actually we don't even know their biology to understand what the hell they are, need more lore on this, probably wait

Well that is the most though, if we have them on this site right now, they will be fodder until more thing come up, but i believe it would be very long to the point when people forget about this verse, and i even fear that there will be nothing more, just this.

Its better than nothing tbh
So if you decide to make profile, then goes on, i'm bad at doing it actually, also speed and ap is a problem, at best we could only use real life warship speed and firepower to them, we doesn't have feat to scaling and calc though

@Vietthai96

I don't see why you're downplay AL so much. They have pretty decent feats and abilities, and what you've listed doesn't make them fodder or useless. Heck there is even a page of Conan the detective, despite the verse barely above tier 9 and mainly focus on it theme rather than fighting.

A verse will only be forgettable if the people forgot about them. Yeah, i know how small the AL community in here but that doesn't it is completely forgotten, some still remember about it at least. If not then Velox weren't bump this, right?

Anyway, The common feat among AL is all ships can pulverize/vaporize warship which will result higher AP than normal one. However, i'm not knowledgeable in calculation so we need to request them.

Not touching the 2-A stuff, i guessing the verse would be somewhere in Tier 8-7. They also have pretty impressive feats like the Siren being able to mass-producing ships and Mirror Sea, along with competent ships like Enterprise or Bismarck are consider to be the best among them.

Well it is not like AL community is small, it is just that most of member are not vs battle kind like us, i did saw 2 thread about AL vs Kancolle in spacebattle though
They actually doesn't pulverize/vaporize warship, most of the time they could just blast a hole ow two though it which we have piercing damage, cause they throw shells at their opponent. I don't downplay the verse, it is actually their state now, unless something crazy happen in the future. But again i'm happy if someone make a profile for the verse, i don't know how to do it and my grammar is not good, i could provide abilities and feats like my post above though so.....well whatetver ..

Wait there are a Conan page, that new to me lol

I agree with you on that.

They did pulverize/vaporize warship which is what shown on screen. Maybe you think it is because game mechanic but like i said, AL have their gameplay and story tied together. Torpedoes and missiles have show capabilities on similar level so it is not too far fetched.

I could try and make one when i have free time, maybe this weekend. I'll post the result in here so you guys could see it too.

Back