• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Azur Lane Discussion Thread

Its basically world of warships but with anime shipfus lol, which is what Kancolle arcade(?) does too?

Hoping the multiplayer isn't so bad.

Bump.

So according to the latest event we got, we have a new "Siren-" ish character that looks like an Altered version of Takao that has some superweapon which shoots an energy beam that cut the sea in half for a bit.

Wonder when we'll get AL chars cuz of this lol.

Another hard to properly calc feat that only scales to few characters, yay

But ye that's confirmed to be edgy Taco also bc if her looks weren't enough, during the boss battle the name on her health bar is Takao

Sorry but i wont be of help for a long time. I missed too much story relevant events and need to wait for reruns.

Kek right.

I get the feeling that what happened at the latest took place in the present time or whatever counts as AL's "present time".

AL's timeline is still weird even for me.

So Azur Lane anime will come, do you guys have any plan for an Azur Lane verse, we seriously laking Shipgirl in vsbattle

Hello,

several people want AL profiles but no one here can tackle them for now. Dont know bout Genki, son is multitasking verses so its proooolly up to him.

And we do have ship girl profiles, just the one no one knows of outside of me... Sigh

I might get myself to watch the anime of it lol. I'm still in progress of watching Nanoha series and I've seen those cooking short episodes of Honkai, which is cute I admit, and now AL anime yeah~

Regarding AL profiles, my problem with them is how to really quantify their stats. None of them really have powers and I really don't like the thought of using their special skills from the game. I hear this place gets really strict sometimes on game mechanics so I steer away from it if I were to start making them. Though it would be fine nonetheless to work on them like that, I fee like the Sirens and the special units like Ash/G/Alter Enty and Ember would be more notable. Perhaps even that Empress whatever lady that showed up in one of the bonus clips of the recent events.

It'll be a long time to make them, whenever that happens.

Yeah the main issue with AL profiles is that shipgirls are mostly featless aside from fighting each other. The few actual feats we have are from Siren related stuff, and even then they're hard to quantify, either for vagueness or for how they're achieved.

Profiles for the anime version of the characters should be fine for when it airs, there's no way we won't be able to make anything out of it

Anime would be our best bet then. I had a thought that if we DO make the normal shipgirls, it'd probably from scaling whatever kind of equipment they pack from their original life as ships...which would probably be hard considering the ever increasing number of them to show up.

So yeah again, I'd take anime as our best bet when it airs later.

Forgot about this for a while.

About the Siren's abilities, I...don't really know. They've mostly been behind the scenes for most of the event storylines and even when they get into the fights themselves sometimes, they don't really do anything haxy at all. Just using firepower that matches or even exceeds a group of kansen's...I think.

All I know about the Sirens are that they've more than likely came from the future where they stomped almost all but like a fraction of humanity and decided to have them gain the knowledge and tech to create kansens so they can like evolve or whatever. For what purpose, if it's even still around, is unknown to me and I've played like all of the events so far.

That aside, I managed to get all the shipgirls of the current event so hell yeah xD

https://twitter.com/AzurLane_EN/status/1173038759857680384?s=20

Resurrecting this again, or trying to, we got another preview of the anime.

Plenty of the shipfu's appearing (including Clevy lol), and we got some awesome ass action scenes including Enty riding an aircraft plane and Belfast getting up close to fight Zuikaku.

Seeing from this and how the shipfu's actually fight up close gives me the idea we might be able to get profiles of them...hopefully lol.

The Hololive event has confirmed a few things like the Sirens being time travellers and thehe functions of the Mirror Seas. Isn't it time to make a profile?

Screenshot 20191203-190651
I believe you can scale the ships to their irl versions so High 8-C in normal AP and dura, Carriers can reach possibly 8-B levels with bombing (maybe calc irl Pearl Harbor kek). Sirens are in the same ballpark. Mirror Seas are sea sized pocket dimensions, used for various kinds of testing.

That closeup tho.

I guess that makes sense to at least scale them to that. I see the Kancolle versions of Tatsuya and Tenryuu are scaled based on their IRL ship weaponry and shipfu games like AL aren't that different (when you don't account for the weird BS like Sirens and other such things from the events, that is)

Reason why we never made any profiles was also cuz we were waiting for the anime and maybe based off of them there to be safe but by then, we all did our own thing and forgot or just never come to it ^^;

Well I have a verse page project going on for here, Nanoha, and probably for another verse called Arknights.

Just haven't gotten to actually making them as I've been busy with another series.

Well they can if they want to.

Thing is, I haven't seen this guy do anything with it and I did at least inform them that I was planning on making a verse page for it. If he wants to do it, that's also fine by me but it's been over a month since he last commented about it.

Again, not that I don't want anyone else to work on it. In fact, I would appreciate it if more did. It can even be of on their own side of it but I've yet to see anything happen AFAIK of it.

Well IDK what's going on in his area so I didn't know.

In any case, again if he wants to help around with the AL work he can do so. By his own or along with anyone is fine by me. I can at least do my part also in the mean time, I just haven't gotten to doing it as I have another verse I'm working on.

The situation has stabilized since then and the curfew, telecommunications and internet bans have been lifted. The law did end up getting passed but the Supreme Court is looking at it right now, so fingers crossed.

As for AL, the only thing to decide upon is the tiering since most ships will have essentially the same powers and abilities and the only unique and haxed characters would be the Sirens and related characters. If anyone else is doing stuff, you don't need to wait for me or anything, just go ahead.

@TacticalNuke:

Ah...shit, that sounds rough for whatever is going on there.

Ah okay. Yeah I actually could make something, including the verse. I was thinking of making some blog to explain stuff like the Sirens and what kind of weird nonsense goes on in AL...which really would only be limited to the Sirens and their experiments. I COULD maybe add info about the shipgirls but I also think there isn't much to them.

Guess it really depends where I go from there and think what's necessary to talk about.

I have to resume watching the anime...cuz I stopped at Episode 1.

Not used to being an anime watcher after going on-off for long periods of time lol.

Instead of the anime, you can look at what they could do in azurlane.koumakan.jp/memories

There are more that explained what shipgirls are there and more feats to what the could do.

You'll have to be a bit more specific because there are a ton of shipgirls with horns lol

^It is, or it's at least it's own canon/thing or whatever seeing as things like the Commander isn't around and seems to have it's own spin on the Eagle UnionxRoyal Navy vs Sakura Empire/Ironblood feud on top of the Sirens thing still in the mix of it.

The memories portion of the game does have stuff that can be used for the profiles, or at least gives insight of what they can do and also what they are. Especially in those like Akagi's.

Sirens could have 2-A tech with a similar reasoning as the Moon-Cell in Fate. Infinite simulations and possibilities gets thrown around a lot in the Memories. Also, looked at OBD and they have Tier 6 calcs for Mirror Seas and Bismarck committing suicide to save the world. There also seems to be a bunch of abstract existence, conceptual stuff going on with all ships.

All in all, the verse is much more powerful and haxy than previously thought and we're gonna need a large and potentially complex verse creation CRT for this.

It's a thing that gets popped up a lot whenever we get events on that with the Sirens, which is about every time I take lol.

Yeah like Enty Alter's Mirror Sea that could blow up half of Russia is one and then there's Bismarck. There's also that of Ember doing some sea cutting feat but that seems unquantifiable since we dk how much or how far she cleaved AFAIK.

There's quite a bit of it going on that may give them AE or something. Supposedly being a Kansen means the ships given human form based on the perceptions of humans through the wisdom cubes that form them (note: going through this from Tv Tropes cuz lazy to check AL wiki on this lol) and they could even be composites of their history as ships like in Deutschland's case. Then ofc we got ships like the PR ships and even similar with those like Suruga being born via the Watatsumi.

I may have said this before but I really do plan or want to make a blog regarding the AL stuff like the shipgirls, siren tech and hax, and whatever else might be important to make based on this. The only thing I would have to do is go through the stuff from the game, which I could also do just by doing what Kaito says: Which is just going the AL wikia since they have all the dialouge from the events.

Back