• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I read some of the above comments as asking for clarification on if we're scaling everyone to CM's travel speed or not.

Hipothetically speaking, If we would assume Captain Marvel has MFTL+ reactions, we'd have to scale Thanos and the main trio as well, since Thanos reacted to her attacks and the trio kept up with Thanos.

That's the issue of making a character so overpowered (strenght or speed) in a verse that tries to be somehow "realistic", at least in comparison to the comics. It generates massive scaling inconsistensies.

It doesn't matter if Thor caught him off guard,he overpowered a blast from Complete IG.

If we downgrade Stormbreaker we should also change IG's tier,or add "varies".Cause there is no way a high 6-B weapon can just overpower 5-A one.

Thanos just suffered a lot of pain from the Snap and we accept the IG as having a variable tier if memory serves.

I find it funny the MCU has several FTL feats ( Strange summoning the Time Stone, Mjolnir traveling to the sun and back in Dark World, Carol's feats Ect.)

Yeah tbh i was hesitant to bring them up since this site seems to consider them outliers ( but it seems decently consistent to me.)

Yeah Mokey is a great guy very helpful when it comes to vs stuff ( i see him on discord on a regular basis.)

Definitely (I've chatted more on Deviantart and Versus Compendium)

But yeah these might be consistent for Post Awakened tiers, need to convert them to blogs here tho

I'd have to rewatch the scene but didn't Tony and Peter react to the meteors on Titan? (we have them at MHS+ currently and it seems werid there still high hypersonic.)

It is a really big outlier to go MFTL, considering normies are still relatively not statues when near these supposed MFTL dudes.

Sir Ovens said:
Aren't there multiple MFTL feats tho? Hela reacting within the Bifrost, Thor using a Bifrost with Stormbreaker, Cap Marvel's travel speed, Mjolnir travelling to and from the sun, etc.
The latter three are just traveling speeds. I fail to see how it scales to anything else speedwise.

How is Hela reacting to stuff in the Bifrost even a feat? Even if it moves them at MFTL speeds that's like saying we should give Supersonic reactions to pilots who can perform actions inside of a jet.

Dzhindzholia said:
It doesn't matter if Thor caught him off guard,he overpowered a blast from Complete IG.
If we downgrade Stormbreaker we should also change IG's tier,or add "varies".Cause there is no way a high 6-B weapon can just overpower 5-A one.
It matters because as I eplained, Thanos had no idea what to expect from Stormbreaker, he didn't have time to properly register it and might've underestimated Thor too.

And yes, a High 6-B weapon can overpower a 5-A one if the latter isn't used at its full potential.

Except that Bifrost is not teleportation? Thor has to actually travel the distace as seen when Hela intercepted their travel.

Hela did not intercept.

When the Bifrost was called down, they entered it, and Hela followed suit.

Inside the Bifrost, is like a weird time dilation train of sorts where running inside a moving train won't make anyone faster.

The only oddity is Hela speeding up on them while they remain static.

That's...what I said.

And I agree with Gemmy and Dargoo on the bifrost thing.

So what about Cul. Do we just not scale people to a him or downgrade him to 7-A?

As for the IG I agree that it's variable and it's power varies by an extreme amount depending on what the user wants.

Dargoo Faust said:
Sir Ovens said:
Aren't there multiple MFTL feats tho? Hela reacting within the Bifrost, Thor using a Bifrost with Stormbreaker, Cap Marvel's travel speed, Mjolnir travelling to and from the sun, etc.
The latter three are just traveling speeds. I fail to see how it scales to anything else speedwise.

How is Hela reacting to stuff in the Bifrost even a feat? Even if it moves them at MFTL speeds that's like saying we should give Supersonic reactions to pilots who can perform actions inside of a jet.
In case of pilots, I dare say the plane somehow stabilizes the travel, and it's not like they can react to all sorts of things (dodging multiple obstacles, for example). It's very restrictive. And lightspeed spaceships in general travel throught "tunnels", "jumps", no reflexes required. Captain Marvel travels through space with her own power, and Hela reacted to the Bifrost by herself.

The Divine Phoenix said:
Rikuchiha said:
It generates massive scaling inconsistensies.
It's accurate to the comics in that regard.
In Marvel Comics (DC as well) characters have more massive feats, higher power levels. The movies tend to be a little bit more realistic, although with some inconsistencies.

DragonEmperor23 said:
For the whole being off-guard thing, are you sure they're talking about how Storm Breaker destroyed the energy blast made by 6 Infinity Stones and not how Thanos didn't react to it by Reality warping him into blocks?

Basically, he didn't use the IG to its full potential.

Sir Ovens said:
Except that Bifrost is not teleportation? Thor has to actually travel the distace as seen when Hela intercepted their travel.

iirc it's been described as teleportation before. I'll have to get the source.

@Rikichiha

Actually, if you watch the last scenes of the Captain Marvel film, her MFTL speed closely resembles a warp. Makes sense too, as she legit got her powers from what was essentially a warp drive.

Suffice to say there is no fighting while she performed that feat? It was just her going from point A to B with statistically speaking no obstacles.

AKM sama said:
Basically, he didn't use the IG to its full potential.
So what is the assumption that they're talking about the strength of the blast and not him not using any of the other abilities the Gauntlet has based on?

DragonEmperor23 said:
So what is the assumption that they're talking about the strength of the blast and not him not using any of the other abilities the Gauntlet has based on?
The strength is also one of the abilities of the IG. He didn't use the IG's hax and neither did he use its full power. Because of reasons I already mentioned above.

i think cull should be downgrade to 7-a......his justification is he wanted to fight hulk which is not worthy of being a justification

Back