• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
ChosenOrDeath said:
It makes sense for his character arc in which Hulk finally was used for something good instead of violence unlike every other Avengers movie.
This. They should have stressed on this more in the movie. During Avengers, Ultron, etc Hulk has caused loss of life on a large scale by either smashing things, or getting angry due to Wanda's mind manip. He was always used for violence. It is nice though, that he brought back so many lives.

I just walk out of theater.....and wow....

You much watch it if you hasn't watch it yet......

Whatever it take....

A bit too late dude. Almost everyone on this thread has seen it.

I liked Endgame better than Infinity War myself.

Since I had problems with Thanos in both movies, but since Thanos was the main character in Infinity War, my problems with the character make up a a larger part of my problems with the movie than in Endgame, where Thanos just played the villian.

Like he could just give everyone an infinite supply of food but I guess killing half of them works.

The reason some people tend to like IW more is because it had action from the get-go. At no point did it feel that the story has slowed down. I personally felt that the pacing was too fast for me.

While Endgame's first act was very slow. But I feel it was required for the proper continuation from the end of IW and to build up the second and third act.

I liked Infinity War better because the conflict was built up straight from the beginning. Endgame had no conflict up until the end. Don't get me wrong, the characters definitely had a motive, but it just felt like the stakes were never really there. Even Thanos felt less intimidating at the end.

I mean back in Infinity War, there were actual stakes because every time he got a stone, he became a lot more unkillable. So the heroes had an element of urgency which really pushed the movie forward.

Sir Ovens said:
Like he could just give everyone an infinite supply of food but I guess killing half of them works.
Exactly.

Honestly, I think Infinity War's plot and the main character would have been stronger if the Infinity Gauntlet/Stones didn't exist.

A villain committing genocide because he blinded himself with a "noble" ideology is fine, could be great even, but when the answers to his problems that don't involve the killing he is trying to justify with said ideology are so simple a toddler can figure it out, it just ruins the entire movie for me. Not to mention, all of Thanos's fights should have lasted two seconds since we saw what he could do to Mantis and Drax - so I felt like the fights had no wait to them. Like, if he didn't take it seriously, why should I?

If the Infinity Gauntlet was changed to some sort of doomsday device that does the same thing (kills half of all life on a universal scale), then I'd be fine with both the fights and Thanos's ideology. When I hear him complain that there is no other option to save the universe when he is literally collecting artifacts that basically turn him into God, I think it's ridiculous.

Sir Ovens said:
Could have doubled the resources but nooooooooooooo, he gotta delete half the people.

AKM sama said:
The reason some people tend to like IW more is because it had action from the get-go. At no point did it feel that the story has slowed down. I personally felt that the pacing was too fast for me.
While Endgame's first act was very slow. But I feel it was required for the proper continuation from the end of IW and to build up the second and third act.
I feel like people like Infinity War better because judging it as a movie and not a sequel, it's a better stand-alone movie - since it's basically Thanos's origin movie.

Unlike Endgame, which is the continuation and conclusion for some of the characters' stories.

Thanos' reasoning for not doubling the resources isn't as stupid as you'd assume at first. You double the resources, the demand (population) eventually rises to match the supply, and Thannyboi can only snap so many times. He thought that by deleting half the people, the survivors would learn a lesson like he did and work towards a more sustainable future.

Not that this ideology itself isn't dumb, but hey, atleast Thanos in-universe realises this and decides to reset the entire universe instead.

Or idk, that's my headcanon

Zark2099 said:
Thanos' reasoning for not doubling the resources isn't as stupid as you'd assume at first. You double the resources, the demand (population) eventually rises to match the supply, and Thannyboi can only snap so many times. He thought that by deleting half the people, the survivors would learn a lesson like he did and work towards a more sustainable future.
Not that this ideology itself isn't dumb, but hey, atleast Thanos in-universe realises this and decides to reset the entire universe instead.

Or idk, that's my headcanon
Erasing half a population doesn't mean that people won't produce more offspring to compensate for the loss.

Eventually, the population numbers will grow back to what it just was, and Thanos would have to snap to kill half the population once again - meaning it is the same thing as doubling the resources and having the population grow to reach the new limit in resources.

So yeah, his logic is still pretty dumb.

Sir Ovens Yeah. Dormammu is actually FAR beyond anyone including Thanos (maybe even without the Gauntlet). Hell, he is even more powerful than he is in the comics : in the comics, he is an alien while in the MCU, he is a LIVING DIMENSION.

The problem with those characters is the same with Captain Marvel : unless they face heroes that are their equal in power, it's just impossible to win against them. The only weakness Dormammu is shown to have is Time himself and the Stone isn't there anymore.

Sir Ovens said:
Also I love how Thanos is the biggest threat in the MCU when Dormammu exists.
Because the whole team had to fight Thanos while only Strange was enough for Mammu.

AKM sama said:
Because the whole team had to fight Thanos while only Strange was enough for Mammu. </div>
Honeslty, if Strange had just stopped Time, he could have easily killed Thanos.

Time Stone too OP.

He could have reversed Thanos in time to the point where he is an infant or lock him in a time loop.

Dziga said:
He could have reversed Thanos in time to the point where he is an infant or lock him in a time loop.
And he could have done it all before Thanos was able to even think about using the gauntlet.

Honestly, there are like dozens of ways Strange could have one that fight.

It probably would have lead to a future where someone worse than Thanos did something that would have paled in comparison to just letting Thanos snap half the universe away.

I just realized something

Thanos destroyed the Time Stone in the main/current timeline. The Avengers were able to get a version of it from the past, but had to return it to avoid a time paradox.

If the Time Stone doesn't exist anymore, then that means that Dr. Strange no longer has the Eye of Agamotto, meaning no more bargains.

Can't wait to see how this is handled in the next Dr. Strange film.

Mammu won't go back on his word.

If Dormammu comes, it's over. He is far more powerful than any other character in the MCU actually. No one can even fight him.

I was gonna say that Dormammu won't go back on his word

But then I remembered that he's a universe eating embodiment of evil and the only thing keeping him back was reduced to atoms

They still have the Sanctums shielding Earth, so it's not really an issue unless he gets someone to destroy them again, and I don't think they'll just repeat that storyline.

It would be cool if they introduce other cosmic Gods. Or maybe they could even pull off the Hercules storyline. Like I genuinely enjoyed that series of comics, and Chaos King would make a good supporting character turned antagonist.

Infinite Speed Apparently, Nightmare will be Strange' next foe so we'll have to see. Maye Dormammu will appear in a more classic appearence.

I just want a live version of Mephisto or Lucifer and i hope we'll get one with Ghost Rider series.

Sucks that the television series nabbed Ghost Rider before the movies could do anything with him. Though I'd much rather see Johnny Blaze than the dude with the car.

They can easily bring him from TV to the movies if they really wanted to.

Yeah, me to. Actually i think the Nicolas Cage movie (the first one) was funny. Then again, it was the great Nicolas Cage himself. Of course it was meant to be at least partially good !

I thought the television producers had some kind of falling out with the movie guys? That's why later productions had a slight departure from movie canon.

Like I was so ready for the television heroes to meet the movie ones in cinema. Just imagine a Worldbreaker Hulk storyline where Ghost Rider comes to stop him like in the comics.

Disney still owns the property, so even if they're only loosely connected, they can easily bring Ghost Rider to the big screen.

Still, the mature rating for shows like Daredevil or Punisher would persuade Disney not to use them on the big screen.

With how popular Deadpool is, they should be at least a little bit more confident in going a little bit darker.

Back