• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Wouldn't the abilities on the newly-created profile have to get approval, though?
No, someone can disagree and make a crt to change but a crt is not necessary for anything in relation to creating a profile below tier 1.
No in-depth stuff. Just a statement that everything in the verse comes from energy and some beings return to the cosmos when they die, rather then be resurrected.
Yeah, I think it's not enough to even have all the stats as an "unknown" since the very definition of what this form is is vague

I'm probably going to submit my crt either tonight or tomorrow. Though I have one more proposal for it.

Should the Avatars have resistance to mind manipulation? Jet was able to fight off the Dai Li's brainwashing by Aang reminding him of his past. And since the Avatars have the past versions of themselves in their soul, it stands to reason that they could likely help them fight off the effects. They already resist madness manipulation on the level of the soul through much the same way, so it's not far-fetched at all.

I'm probably going to submit my crt either tonight or tomorrow. Though I have one more proposal for it.

Should the Avatars have resistance to mind manipulation? Jet was able to fight off the Dai Li's brainwashing by Aang reminding him of his past. And since the Avatars have the past versions of themselves in their soul, it stands to reason that they could likely help them fight off the effects. They already resist madness manipulation on the level of the soul through much the same way, so it's not far-fetched at all.
I'm not sure but this seems more like a weakness of the mind manipulation.

I've been wondering something. When Jinora gets her profile, Summoning should be listed as one of her abilities, as there's a part in "Original Airbenders" where she concentrates and a spirit appears in front of her.

Here's the thing though. Spirits have been established to be able to possess people, and according to the creators, if a spirit stays in your body for too long, it will prove fatal, at least if you're a human. I know that this would be wildly ooc for Jin to do, but should possession be listed on the profile because it could technically happen, or should I not bother?

I've been wondering something. When Jinora gets her profile, Summoning should be listed as one of her abilities, as there's a part in "Original Airbenders" where she concentrates and a spirit appears in front of her.

Here's the thing though. Spirits have been established to be able to possess people, and according to the creators, if a spirit stays in your body for too long, it will prove fatal, at least if you're a human. I know that this would be wildly ooc for Jin to do, but should possession be listed on the profile because it could technically happen, or should I not bother?
It could be listed as a "possibly" since it is something she is capable of doing but it is out of character and she is never shown doing it.

Look at the timestamps. Finally, official confirmation that Aang did in fact, temporarily die when he was hit by Azula's lightning.
I've always thought that he did based on his wording to Katara in the book 3 premiere, but some people I've talked to insist that he only came close to death.

Damn, I always thought aang was just comatised for a while

This guy talks about a premium episode of the Avatar podcast that was recently released and contains some interesting lore. According to the creators, benders' internal bodies contain chi fields that you have to bypass if you want a technique like bloodbending to work, which is one reason why bloodbending isn't common.

I wonder if this means benders can resist biological manipulation from sources that don't use chi. If it DOES work that way... Then that means that the way that Storm killed Korra in the death battle episode isn't possible. Lol.

Last edited:

This guy talks about a premium episode of the Avatar podcast that was recently released and contains some interesting lore. According to the creators, benders' internal bodies contain chi fields that you have to bypass if you want a technique like bloodbending to work, which is one reason why bloodbending isn't common.

I wonder if this means benders can resist biological manipulation from sources that don't use chi. If it DOES work that way... Then that means that the way that Storm killed Korra in the death battle episode isn't possible. Lol.

Perhaps this qualifies as an additional layer of resistance to bloodbending and this resistance would be the base and is probably for all characters.

But we would have to prove that this is official and have the audio as evidence.

Perhaps this qualifies as an additional layer of resistance to bloodbending and this resistance would be the base and is probably for all characters.
I'll listen to the podcast when I'm not at work. But if it's accepted, it will be just baseline resistance, since Glassman pointed out that in order to resist bloodbending, you just need to be a more skilled waterbender. Though I think this should give the avatar state one layer of resistance since it isn't operating on the same system as regular benders.

I'll listen to the podcast when I'm not at work. But if it's accepted, it will be just baseline resistance, since Glassman pointed out that in order to resist bloodbending, you just need to be a more skilled waterbender. Though I think this should give the avatar state one layer of resistance since it isn't operating on the same system as regular benders.
I was more following the direction that this rejustifies the layers since the resistance method is a greater amount of Chi.

Looks like I'm going to have to dig out my ancient, slow af iPhone. Can't believe important lore has been locked behind a subscription service.
Well they probably didn't think of it as something important but rather a curiosity and perhaps this will be explored further with the next avatar.

831527925a179738e9112c2894217fcc_original.jpg

Well ****. So much for the Spirit World supplement being the next expansion to come out. I was really looking forward to some substantial lore.

Speaking of layers, going back to the soul manip resistance layers, there is this old article from Nick.com that says that some avatars prior to Aang have learned energybending. This article makes it ambiguous how many avatars have mastered energybending; it just says a "few", so that would be two additional layers as a conservative estimate. The baseline layer from the Yangchen book and Aang's resistance have already been accepted, so that's one layer, making it three layers in total. Spiritbending was going to bypass all of that, so that technique would have four layers.

Where does the spirit portal feat scale? Is it just unquantifiable? Also is the reason she was able to bend the energy and somehow create a spirit portal was because raava has the ability to do so? So would this be less of an AP feat and more of an ability?

Where does the spirit portal feat scale? Is it just unquantifiable?
I'm not sure if it's ever been calc'd. I do think it'd be hard to calc because it's uncertain whether the dome of energy collapsed in on itself to make the portal, or if Korra was responsible for that part.

Also is the reason she was able to bend the energy and somehow create a spirit portal was because raava has the ability to do so? So would this be less of an AP feat and more of an ability?
It's an Avatar ability that she didn't know she had until recently. Raava had told her a few episodes beforehand that she can control "all spiritual energy", so she applied that to the beam. It would still be ap.

I'm not sure if it's ever been calc'd. I do think it'd be hard to calc because it's uncertain whether the dome of energy collapsed in on itself to make the portal, or if Korra was responsible for that part.

It's an Avatar ability that she didn't know she had until recently. Raava had told her a few episodes beforehand that she can control "all spiritual energy", so she applied that to the beam. It would still be ap.
So it's technically spirit bending and not energy bending? Also korra doesn't scale to this right?

So it's technically spirit bending and not energy bending? Also korra doesn't scale to this right?
Spiritbending is the waterbending technique that Korra and Unalaq use. She was energybending, the wiki even says so. Though the two are closely related. When Korra went into the spirit world in Beyond the Wilds, she intended to spiritbend her friends who were trapped in the vines. She couldn't do it because spiritbending requires water, and you can't bend as a spirit while in the spirit world. However, she was able to energybend.

And why wouldn't she scale to it? She performed that technique after all. Besides, its not like its the highest-shown feat in the verse.

Last edited:
Spiritbending is the waterbending technique that Korra and Unalaq use. She was energybending, the wiki even says so. Though the two are closely related. When Korra went into the spirit world in Beyond the Wilds, she intended to spiritbend her friends who were trapped in the vines. She couldn't do it because spiritbending requires water, and you can't bend as a spirit while in the spirit world. However, she was able to energybend.

And why wouldn't she scale to it? She performed that technique after all. Besides, its not like its the highest-shown feat in the verse.
Which feat is better than that?

The Kyoshi island feat, which gave the avatars small country + ap for a while. The Kuvira cannon feat would only be about city level at most, since it hadn't destroyed the whole city.
I see, I thought the spirit canon feat would be the most powerful in the verse since it made a spirit portal. But I guess we can't quantify the amount of energy needed to do that right? Since it was vague like you said.

I see, I thought the spirit canon feat would be the most powerful in the verse since it made a spirit portal. But I guess we can't quantify the amount of energy needed to do that right? Since it was vague like you said.
Well, there's also the fact that both Raava and Vaatu created the original spirit portals, and the wording of the ttrpg makes it sound like they did it through sheer force. Since we never see them do anything like that again, I think it's safe to assume they were at the height of their power when they did it. So Korra creating the spirit portal is probably one of the strongest/the strongest feat in the verse; the problem again is the narrative is vague how much power went into it.

What abilities does Korra has in 5-C ? is it just her giant form that battled against Unavaatu or all of her previous abilities, also what's the ap ?
Both her avatar state and her giant spirit form are 5-C. She has all of the abilities listed, but the ones near the bottom starting with Large Size are exclusive to her giant form.

Back