• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[Avatar] The explosion of the Spirit Core.

Korra and Kuvira withstood the concentrated explosion of the Spirit Core and it contained all the spirit energy that powers the Spirit Energy Cannon.

Additionally, both would upscale anyway since Mako and Bolin were close enough, and they just passed out without major injuries.

They barely moved from the explosion and never left the Colossus;4:57↓

I'm going to need help because, besides Korra and Kuvira, I don't know who else could scale to this.

Agree: @BrackishBrineBroth

Neutral:

Disagree: @AnonymousBlank

Last edited:
Agreed. Though wouldn't Mako and Bolin get a "possibly" 7-B, since they both passed out from the explosion? As for Korra, weirdly enough I think that Toph chucking rocks at her made her more durable in her base form in general (see her first fight with Kuvira in Zaofu). Girl is just built different.

Agreed. Though wouldn't Mako and Bolin get a "possibly" 7-B, since they both passed out from the explosion? As for Korra, weirdly enough I think that Toph chucking rocks at her made her more durable in her base form in general (see her first fight with Kuvira in Zaofu). Girl is just built different.
They can probably downscale since they were only knocked out and they didn't sustain any significant damage.

On paper it seems like an okay feat, but it seems a bit outlierish for regular benders to scale from something intended to be Avatar State level.

On paper it seems like an okay feat, but it seems a bit outlierish for regular benders to scale from something intended to be Avatar State level.
Are you talking about Korra and Kuvira??? They are at the pinnacle of the verse's top tiers, only falling below God Tiers like Vaatu and Raava.

And if you're talking about Bolin and Mako, they are high tiers and there's no way that common benders would scale to them. The main proposal is for Korra and Kuvira to scale; Mako and Bolin are supporting evidence, even if it was decided that they won't scale, it wouldn't affect the main thing which is Korra and Kuvira.
I'm going to need help because, besides Korra and Kuvira, I don't know who else could scale to this.

And how is this "intended to be avatar state level" when the wiki literally accepts avatar state as 5-C?

Last edited:
Are you talking about Korra and Kuvira??? They are at the pinnacle of the verse's top tiers, only falling below God Tiers like Vaatu and Raava.

And if you're talking about Bolin and Mako, they are high tiers and there's no way that common benders would scale to them. The main proposal is for Korra and Kuvira to scale; Mako and Bolin are supporting evidence, even if it was decided that they won't scale, it wouldn't affect the main thing which is Korra and Kuvira.

And how is this "intended to be avatar state level" when the wiki literally accepts avatar state as 5-C?
In Korra's case, she is indeed god tier, but Kuvira being anywhere near the tier of the Spirit Cannon makes no sense. As with Bolin and Mako scaling.

Vaatu hyped up his power to Wan about how he is the one that ripped open the first Spirit Portal from the Spirit World to the Human World.

Edit: Anyway, on topic for the thread, I disagree with Kuvira scaling since Korra was literally spiritbending in the Avatar State to save Kuvira’s life from the laser and was between Kuvira and the explosion.

As for Mako and Bolin, they have nothing to do with the feat in question. The explosion they got KO’d by wasn’t anything like the one that made the spirit portal and the spirit portal one occurred while they were safely inside the Colossus. What they scale to is a completely different feat that would need to be calc’d.

Last edited:
In Korra's case, she is indeed god tier, but Kuvira being anywhere near the tier of the Spirit Cannon makes no sense. As with Bolin and Mako scaling.
All I'm seeing is an argument from incredulity. Could you demonstrate anti-feats that support what you say?

And I was referring to base Korra; she is only a God Tier in the Avatar State.
Vaatu hyped up his power to Wan about how he is the one that ripped open the first Spirit Portal from the Spirit World to the Human World.
I don't understand the relationship between your comment and mine? I think you misunderstood me, my comment is in relation to Medeus saying that 7-B is intended only for the avatar state level.
Edit: Anyway, on topic for the thread, I disagree with Kuvira scaling since Korra was literally spiritbending in the Avatar State to save Kuvira’s life from the laser and was between Kuvira and the explosion.

As for Mako and Bolin, they have nothing to do with the feat in question. The explosion they got KO’d by wasn’t anything like the one that made the spirit portal and the spirit portal one occurred while they were safely inside the Colossus. What they scale to is a completely different feat that would need to be calc’d.
The thread is about the Spirit Core explosion, you are confusing the scenes.

Last edited:
I don't understand the relationship between your comment and mine? I think you misunderstood me, my comment is in relation to Medeus saying that 7-B is intended only for the avatar state level.
I don’t think DDM is referring to 7-B being an AS level feat but the act of opening a spirit portal. Admittedly, whether that was his intent or not, I’m pointing out and arguing that Vaatu uses the creation of a Spirit Portal as a sign of his strength which means that the explosion (while 7-B in scale) would scale much higher. Korra in AS also completely fails to contain said explosion and gets yeeted into another dimension as a result.

The interior of the Collosus where they were wasn't even damaged badly
Same with Mako and Bolin
Not sure why they'll scale
The Collosus on the other should get upgraded
Since it can tank hits from Avatar state Korra. Something the profile notes
Which will eventually scale to the spirit bomb since it destroyed the Collosus
Which means Kuvirah and Co will now scale to 5-C according to your reasoning
More reasons why they don't scale at all

Same with Mako and Bolin
It's because the platinum that makes up the Colossus scales to the SEC because if that weren't the case it wouldn't even be able to fire the beams.

I don’t think DDM is referring to 7-B being an AS level feat but the act of opening a spirit portal. Admittedly, whether that was his intent or not, I’m pointing out and arguing that Vaatu uses the creation of a Spirit Portal as a sign of his strength which means that the explosion (while 7-B in scale) would scale much higher. Korra in AS also completely fails to contain said explosion and gets yeeted into another dimension as a result.
Dude you're leaving me very confused, this has no relation to the thread itself, it's about the fact that the Spirit Core contains all the energy that powers the Spirit Energy Cannon and consequently the Spirit Core explosion scales above the Spirit Energy Cannon shots as it contains much more spiritual energy.

What??? My god, are we talking about the same scene?
?
The hatch used to cover where they stayed during the explosion wasn't even touched (4:59)
They are definitely not scaling to the spirit cannon
You know, the big beam they all were actively trying to avoid getting hit with

The thread is about the Spirit Core explosion, you are confusing the scenes.
Except the scene I am referring to is in the OP? I address both the explosion inside the Colossus and the cannon exploding in the post you replied to, hence why I said Mako and Bolin downscale from the blast inside the mecha at best and don’t scale to the Spirit Core one at all.
Dude you're leaving me very confused, this has no relation to the thread itself, it's about the fact that the Spirit Core contains all the energy that powers the Spirit Energy Cannon and consequently the Spirit Core explosion scales above the Spirit Energy Cannon shots as it contains much more spiritual energy.
Nobody scales to the explosion inside the mech though. Not only were Mako and Bolin KO’d by it, they even had additional defense in the form of the platinum all around them and in the way of the explosion as well as a decent amount of distance.

The cannon explosion is also drastically different from the one that KOs Mako and Bolin. When Kuvira fires the disconnected cannon, it causes all of the vines around it to react and glow with spirit energy, a far greater mass of vines than what was in the core. This also ignores how Kuvira literally thinks she is about to die to the laser of which she has only seen lesser potent beams before and then proceeds to think that she did die when she wakes up in the Spirit World.

AS Korra > blast that created the Spirit Portal >>> the Spirit Core explosion > Spirit Cannon >>> Kuvira > Mako and Bolin.

?
The hatch used to cover where they stayed during the explosion wasn't even touched (4:59)
They are definitely not scaling to the spirit cannon
You know, the big beam they all were actively trying to avoid getting hit with
It was literally open, the explosion went through it and directly hit them.3:09

Except the scene I am referring to is in the OP? I address both the explosion inside the Colossus and the cannon exploding in the post you replied to, hence why I said Mako and Bolin downscale from the blast inside the mecha at best and don’t scale to the Spirit Core one at all.
The blast inside the mecha is the explosion of the Spirit Core and what I've been referring to all along.
The cannon explosion is also drastically different from the one that KOs Mako and Bolin. When Kuvira fires the disconnected cannon, it causes all of the vines around it to react and glow with spirit energy, a far greater mass of vines than what was in the core. This also ignores how Kuvira literally thinks she is about to die to the laser of which she has only seen lesser potent beams before and then proceeds to think that she did die when she wakes up in the Spirit World.

AS Korra > blast that created the Spirit Portal >>> the Spirit Core explosion > Spirit Cannon >>> Kuvira > Mako and Bolin.
The 7-B I'm referring to is the one on Colossus' profile.0:39

Last edited:
Same with Mako and Bolin
Not sure why they'll scale
The Collosus on the other should get upgraded
Since it can tank hits from Avatar state Korra. Something the profile notes
Which will eventually scale to the spirit bomb since it destroyed the Collosus
Which means Kuvirah and Co will now scale to 5-C according to your reasoning
More reasons why they don't scale at all
Speaking of the Colossus taking hits from AS Korra, it high key doesn’t. I went and rewatched the episode and Korra uses AS once in each “round” against the mech.

The first time her eyes briefly flash white, go back to normal and then she throws a gust of wind which does nothing, all of the Air Nomads join in and make it step back, Kuvira beams at Korra to knock her over, the loss of her contribution changes nothing for the Nomads, a base Korra gets mad, visibly puts in more effort and actually staggers the mech with her air before they all retreat. Note that all of this occurred while the legs were tied up and the mech was off balance already.

In round 2, she only uses it to dodge around a building at the start, goes back to her base, picks up rocks, goes to a rooftop to throw them, and then proceeds to keep throwing rubble in base.

Everything Korra did around the times she used AS was unironically less effective than Lin, Su Yin and Bolin pushing a building at the mech with their full force or Korra just using her water/icebending in base.
The blast inside the mecha is the explosion of the Spirit Core and what I've been referring to all along.

The 7-B I'm referring to is the one on Colossus' profile.0:39

Ah, sorry. That’s my bad on confusing where the 7-B was coming from. Mako and Bolin still don’t scale. An errant strand of the core’s energy KO’d Mako instantly and forced Bolin to drag him out of there and even after moving away from it, the explosion doesn’t even reach them, just dislodges the ladder and they fall.

My mistake on where the 7-B was coming from. Mako and Bolin still don’t scale. An errant strand of the core’s energy KO’d Mako instantly and forced Bolin to drag him out of there and even after moving away from it, the explosion doesn’t even reach them, just dislodges the ladder and they fall.
No problem, the op is literally just about Korra and Kuvira scaling to the feat with Bolin and Mako's part being a support as they didn't take any significant damage, any other character scaling is a discussion beyond the proposal and which has to be discussed whether it would be valid or not.

No problem, the op is literally just about Korra and Kuvira scaling to the feat with Bolin and Mako's part being a support as they didn't take any significant damage, any other character scaling is a discussion beyond the proposal and which has to be discussed whether it would be valid or not.
Well, I like to think my goofy ah made my stance on it clear lol so put me down for disagree as of now. Time to wait and see how others weigh in on it.

Well, I like to think my goofy ah made my stance on it clear lol so put me down for disagree as of now. Time to wait and see how others weigh in on it.
I don't know if I misunderstood you but I don't think we disagree with each other, it was just a misunderstanding, you thought I was talking about the creation of the portal but that was never the case. This thread has always been solely about "Spirit Core Explosion > Spirit Energy Cannon" which leads to Kuvira and Korra scaling above this ↓
And from what I understand you agree with this?

I do get that the proposal is Korra and Kuvira > Mako and Bolin =< Spirit Core >> 7-B (the feat I confused with another). My disagreement is with Mako and Bolin scaling for my prior reasons stated above. Same for base Korra and Kuvira if their only reasoning is being > Mako and Bolin.

I do get that the proposal is Korra and Kuvira > Mako and Bolin =< Spirit Core >> 7-B (the feat I confused with another). My disagreement is with Mako and Bolin scaling for my prior reasons stated above. Same for base Korra and Kuvira if their only reasoning is being > Mako and Bolin.
No? as I already said, the Mako/Bolin part is just support; Korra and Kuvira were also within range of the Spirit Core explosion. Kuvira went from being perfectly fine to initially barely being able to stand after the explosion and Base Korra was fine after the explosion so Base Korra>Kuvira.

No? as I already said, the Mako/Bolin part is just support; Korra and Kuvira were also within range of the Spirit Core explosion. Kuvira went from being perfectly fine to initially barely being able to stand after the explosion and Base Korra was fine after the explosion so Base Korra>Kuvira.
They really weren’t in range of the Core explosion. We see where the explosion takes place in the mech and it doesn’t reach where Korra and Kuvira were, several stories higher through meters of platinum and steel. The explosion doesn’t even damage the upper part much aside from tossing it into a building. I already disagree with Mako and Bolin because of them fleeing to another part of the mech and putting distance and a few walls in the way of the explosion, so I definitely disagree with Korra and Kuvira who had everything those two did but cranked to eleven.

Tldr; Korra and Kuvira don’t scale for having 30-40% of the mech’s total mass between them and the Spirit Core explosion seeing as they couldn’t be any further from the explosion while still remaining inside the Colossus if they tried.

They really weren’t in range of the Core explosion. We see where the explosion takes place in the mech and it doesn’t reach where Korra and Kuvira were, several stories higher through meters of platinum and steel. The explosion doesn’t even damage the upper part much aside from tossing it into a building. I already disagree with Mako and Bolin because of them fleeing to another part of the mech and putting distance and a few walls in the way of the explosion, so I definitely disagree with Korra and Kuvira who had everything those two did but cranked to eleven.

Tldr; Korra and Kuvira don’t scale for having 30-40% of the mech’s total mass between them and the Spirit Core explosion seeing as they couldn’t be any further from the explosion while still remaining inside the Colossus if they tried.
We know that the explosion reached them because Kuvira could barely stand after the explosion, and they still went the route of showing that Korra was okay while Kuvira wasn't, what would be the point of the producers doing this if the explosion didn't reach them? We know the damage could not have been from the fall as fodders metalbenders fall from higher places and survive.[and no, I'm not talking about them using the cables to stop the fall, but rather when they failed to do so and fell from higher places]

We know that the explosion reached them because Kuvira could barely stand after the explosion, and they still went the route of showing that Korra was okay while Kuvira wasn't, what would be the point of the producers doing this if the explosion didn't reach them? We know the damage could not have been from the fall as fodders metalbenders fall from higher places and survive.[and no, I'm not talking about them using the cables to stop the fall, but rather when they failed to do so and fell from higher places]
They just got ragdolled around inside the control room when the top half of the mech was thrown aside. We even see them in the control room right after the explosion and both of them are fine as the mech’s torso is falling after hitting the building. The damage Kuvira got is from the fall and not the Spirit Core blowing up.

Korra > Kuvira is fine but they don’t scale in base, not based on what you’ve presented so far anyway.

They just got ragdolled around inside the control room when the top half of the mech was thrown aside. We even see them in the control room right after the explosion and both of them are fine as the mech’s torso is falling after hitting the building.
Goes at 1:25 at 0,25x speed, The explosion clearly reached them, even tearing off the Mecha's arm and the part where the arm was ripped off was very close to them.
The damage Kuvira got is from the fall and not the Spirit Core blowing up.
We know the damage could not have been from the fall as fodders metalbenders fall from higher places and survive.[and no, I'm not talking about them using the cables to stop the fall, but rather when they failed to do so and fell from higher places]

Goes at 1:25 at 0,25x speed, The explosion clearly reached them, even tearing off the Mecha's arm and the part where the arm was ripped off was very close to them.
The arm got ripped off at the elbow … which was right next to where the explosion occurred. Mako and Bolin were much closer to the blast but we clearly see that they were not hit by it and none of this changes the fact that Kuvira was fine before the torso hit the ground.

Explosion at 1:35, Kuvira being uninjured at 1:36, the torso landing at 1:39, and finally the next time see Korra and Kuvira is the former carrying an injured latter out of the control room at 1:55. Literally nothing, in the most hyperliteral use of the word, happened to Kuvira nor were we given a sign of anything to injure her besides the fall. The injuries that she suffers cannot be from anything but the fall so it doesn’t matter if anyone else was chilling after a long fall in some other scene because in this scene, Kuvira was not.

The arm got ripped off at the elbow … which was right next to where the explosion occurred. Mako and Bolin were much closer to the blast but we clearly see that they were not hit by it and none of this changes the fact that Kuvira was fine before the torso hit the ground.

Explosion at 1:35, Kuvira being uninjured at 1:36, the torso landing at 1:39, and finally the next time see Korra and Kuvira is the former carrying an injured latter out of the control room at 1:55. Literally nothing, in the most hyperliteral use of the word, happened to Kuvira nor were we given a sign of anything to injure her besides the fall. The injuries that she suffers cannot be from anything but the fall so it doesn’t matter if anyone else was chilling after a long fall in some other scene because in this scene, Kuvira was not.
At 1:32, the explosion hit their location, which then expands into an omnidirectional explosion, hitting their location once again.

This doesn't change the fact that Kuvira scales above the fodders who fell from airships much higher than this fall.

At 1:32, the explosion hit their location, which then expands into an omnidirectional explosion, hitting their location once again.

This doesn't change the fact that Kuvira scales above the fodders who fell from airships much higher than this fall.
You realize you have to calc explosions based on how far away the characters are from the center point right? And that the initial explosion would not scale to the 7-B feat and would have to be calced individually to avoid calc stacking on this occasion, yeah?

Also no, Kuvira and Korra were not hit directly by the explosion at all. There was an explosion in the center and the force blasted the top part of the mech away, bisecting it. You can literally see the origin of the explosion and the pulse of energy that split it in half. Your entire premise is incorrect, and even if it wasn’t incorrect, you would need to calc that explosion and then the amount of energy Korra and Kuvira would have taken through several layers of platinum.

Back