• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Aang vs Deku

Speaking of said match, wasn't the "higher" in Aang's profile regarding his shield durability meant to be moon-level durability? Cause otherwise, Korra having moon-level durability in the AS while Aang doesn't with shields is pretty bizarre.

Should the avatars have self-sustenance in the avatar state thanks to the feat of Aang staying in the state for 100 years while in the iceberg? This would grant them all three types, and thanks to getting the third type, it will make them resist certain types of sleep manipulation. Though what kinds would have to be a case-by-case basis.

Should the avatars have self-sustenance in the avatar state thanks to the feat of Aang staying in the state for 100 years while in the iceberg? This would grant them all three types, and thanks to getting the third type, it will make them resist certain types of sleep manipulation. Though what kinds would have to be a case-by-case basis.
Honestly, I don't know if this was a characteristic of the avatar state or of being frozen; maybe a "possibly" would work.

Was kuivera turning the metal to liquid in her fight with korra in the mech? And if so, how was she doing this.

Was kuivera turning the metal to liquid in her fight with korra in the mech? And if so, how was she doing this.
Yes, Kuvira bent liquid metal, Skill, Kuvira is the most skilled metalbender in the verse, the only ones that are comparable are Korra and Toph both also bending liquid metal but it was on a much smaller scale.

Honestly, I don't know if this was a characteristic of the avatar state or of being frozen; maybe a "possibly" would work.
If my memory serves me correctly, Azula was gasping for air after she was freed from being frozen in ice by Katara in the series finale, so I'm pretty certain it's the former.

If my memory serves me correctly, Azula was gasping for air after she was freed from being frozen in ice by Katara in the series finale, so I'm pretty certain it's the former.
Maybe 🤷 I'm not knowledgeable about biology but I know that most works treat being frozen as a general pause for those who have been frozen, now whether Avatar follows this logic or not I have no idea.

Yes, Kuvira bent liquid metal, Skill, Kuvira is the most skilled metalbender in the verse, the only ones that are comparable are Korra and Toph both also bending liquid metal but it was on a much smaller scale.
Can she turn like any type of metal into a liquid? Or does it have to be a certain type of metal? And does it have to be liquid already?

Can she turn like any type of metal into a liquid? Or does it have to be a certain type of metal? And does it have to be liquid already?
She can turn it into liquid, if it's any type, I don't know, but Toph managed to do that with mercury.

But it is very likely that it is not just any type as we know that it is impossible to bend platinum in general.

The ttrpg states that metalbenders can at least bend iron and steel. I doubt they could bend something advanced like Iron Man's suit, though.
How advanced doesn't really matter, what matters is whether what makes it up is something that metalbenders have the ability to manipulate.

I already thought the avatar channel was pretty bad, but this is some clickbait bullshit. I've heard from those who have already listened to the podcast and nothing new whatsoever is brought up concerning the movie.

I already thought the avatar channel was pretty bad, but this is some clickbait bullshit. I've heard from those who have already listened to the podcast and nothing new whatsoever is brought up concerning the movie.

The channel was created for marketing so it's not surprising that they do clickbait.

In the Legend of Korra Book 2 art book, Mike Dimartino, one of the co-creators of avatar, states that he believes that Cosmic Korra has achieved the Hindu concept of Atman. This is what wikipedia has to say about atman.

l75lg0k.png

This seems crazy, but according to that final paragraph, doesn't this mean that giant spirit Korra has a form of Acausality?

This seems crazy, but according to that final paragraph, doesn't this mean that giant spirit Korra has a form of Acausality?
Expanding on this, Huu, the swampbender guy who has canonically attained enlightenment, says that time is an illusion (at least in a cosmic sense), and there are hints in the verse that outer space existed before the concept of time existed.

In the Legend of Korra Book 2 art book, Mike Dimartino, one of the co-creators of avatar, states that he believes that Cosmic Korra has achieved the Hindu concept of Atman. This is what wikipedia has to say about atman.

l75lg0k.png

Expanding on this, Huu, the swampbender guy who has canonically attained enlightenment, says that time is an illusion (at least in a cosmic sense), and there are hints in the verse that outer space existed before the concept of time existed.
As far as I remember you have to use what is in the work, if it is something that could only be achieved through explanations of the religion itself it will not be accepted, the conclusion has to be reached with what is in the work without being entirely dependent on the religion, it has to be both together.

The biggest example being Jujutsu Kaisen basically losing all the abilities that came from Buddhism as there was nothing in the work itself that led to those abilities.

As far as I remember you have to use what is in the work, if it is something that could only be achieved through explanations of the religion itself it will not be accepted, the conclusion has to be reached with what is in the work without being entirely dependent on the religion, it has to be both together.

The biggest example being Jujutsu Kaisen basically losing all the abilities that came from Buddhism as there was nothing in the work itself that led to those abilities.
Well, there is the one scene of Korra's past lives being destroyed and the creators stating that the camera is moving "through time and space" during the scene. And this little scene implying that the metaphysical space where the past lives are is also the "celestial" Aang/Korra. There's also several statements from ancient spirits that they have existed since the dawn of time.

I don't think this would be enough to be accepted, tho.

Well, there is the one scene of Korra's past lives being destroyed and the creators stating that the camera is moving "through time and space" during the scene. And this little scene implying that the metaphysical space where the past lives are is also the "celestial" Aang/Korra. There's also several statements from ancient spirits that they have existed since the dawn of time.

I don't think this would be enough to be accepted, tho.
I also don't think it's enough. Kind off-topic, but do the fans have any idea when the next Avatar might come out? I know it's probably pretty far away, but there's probably some fan speculation.

I also don't think it's enough. Kind off-topic, but do the fans have any idea when the next Avatar might come out? I know it's probably pretty far away, but there's probably some fan speculation.
There's the Aang movie that's coming out in October 2025, but there's speculation that it might be delayed. There's also non-official rumors that there's going to be an Earth avatar series after the movie comes out.

There's the Aang movie that's coming out in October 2025, but there's speculation that it might be delayed. There's also non-official rumors that there's going to be an Earth avatar series after the movie comes out.
Hopefully the movie is good or else......

Well, I haven't seen the series but from what I saw, fans' opinions were somewhat divided, I honestly think it's more important for the film to sell and bring in new fans than to be something faithful and I honestly have no hope that it will be anything above average.

Can someone tell me how big the boulder that korra threw at zaheer?

Which one? There's the top of the giant rock pillar at 1:37 and the side of the cliff at 2:28.
The latter is also a good durability feat for Zaheer. Even if he didn't take it head-on, he was right in the vicinity of where it exploded.

Which one? There's the top of the giant rock pillar at 1:37 and the side of the cliff at 2:28.
The latter is also a good durability feat for Zaheer. Even if he didn't take it head-on, he was right in the vicinity of where it exploded.

yeah the one at 2:28, idk how to pixel calc

Man, it sucks that we have entities that are the embodiments of light and darkness, and that there's light energy-fueled attacks, but no actual feats of characters dodging light.

Going through various media, I may have found something. Korra opening the Southern Portal resulted in the Aurora Borealis appearing in the sky.

The art book confirms that it is the actual aurora.

The Republic City supplement for the ttrpg confirms that the spirit portal and the spirit vines are made out of the same energy.

qDTgKvj.png

gZGnLNA.png

So this means that the spirit beam that Vaatu fires, as well as giant Korra and the Colossus, consists of actual light. There's also this. Now, this obviously isn't canon as it's from Nick All-Stars Brawl 2, a goofy crossover game. However, given that we never see Raava get strong enough on-screen to fire a laser like Vaatu, this is just to show that the people at Nickelodeon at least think that she can do it. Which makes sense, given that she is supposed to be Vaatu's equal and opposite. And since both of them are accepted on the site as being the embodiments of light and dark, what else can she be shooting then pure light? All of the showings of the beams also meet the standards on the light-dodging page (with the exception of someone calling it light-speed, but it does fit the other four criteria and the page says that it has to meet a "few" of the criteria. It also avoids the three anti-feats mentioned on the page).

Thoughts? If this is actually accepted, the only person (for now) who would scale to it would be Wan, since he's the only person who dodged the beam after if was fired directly at him, with everyone else possibly relying on aim-dodging the Colossus' cannon.

Going through various media, I may have found something. Korra opening the Southern Portal resulted in the Aurora Borealis appearing in the sky.

The art book confirms that it is the actual aurora.

The Republic City supplement for the ttrpg confirms that the spirit portal and the spirit vines are made out of the same energy.

qDTgKvj.png

gZGnLNA.png

So this means that the spirit beam that Vaatu fires, as well as giant Korra and the Colossus, consists of actual light. There's also this. Now, this obviously isn't canon as it's from Nick All-Stars Brawl 2, a goofy crossover game. However, given that we never see Raava get strong enough on-screen to fire a laser like Vaatu, this is just to show that the people at Nickelodeon at least think that she can do it. Which makes sense, given that she is supposed to be Vaatu's equal and opposite. And since both of them are accepted on the site as being the embodiments of light and dark, what else can she be shooting then pure light? All of the showings of the beams also meet the standards on the light-dodging page (with the exception of someone calling it light-speed, but it does fit the other four criteria and the page says that it has to meet a "few" of the criteria. It also avoids the three anti-feats mentioned on the page).

Thoughts? If this is actually accepted, the only person (for now) who would scale to it would be Wan, since he's the only person who dodged the beam after if was fired directly at him, with everyone else possibly relying on aim-dodging the Colossus' cannon.

0:35; 0:58; 1:12; 1:18; 1:21; 1:32;

0:35; 0:58; 1:12; 1:18; 1:21; 1:32;

For the first one, it looks like Korra starts turning the bison when the beam gleams in the barrel, not after its been fired.

For the one with Korra in the AS, it looks like she was already moving when the beam starts sweeping along the ground, instead her staying in place when it fires.

The scene with the airbenders could yield something.

Back