• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shouldn't Korra and Kuvira be 7-B? They withstood the the concentrated explosion of the spirit core and it contained all the spirit energy that powers the spirit energy cannon.

Shouldn't Korra and Kuvira be 7-B? They withstood the the concentrated explosion of the spirit core and it contained all the spirit energy that powers the spirit energy cannon.

As cool as 7-B base Korra would be, her eyes were glowing during the entire time she eas redirecting the beam, so she was in the Avatar state. Also, Korra's energybending created a shield around her and Kuvira, so the beam never touched the latter.

As cool as 7-B base Korra would be, her eyes were glowing during the entire time she eas redirecting the beam, so she was in the Avatar state. Also, Korra's energybending created a shield around her and Kuvira, so the beam never touched the latter.
????????? I'm not talking about that; I'm talking about the explosion of the spirit core. Reread what I said.

Not sure how I feel about that; not even sure if the explosion was point blank. Plus the energy was mostly depleted by the time it detonated iirc.

Not sure how I feel about that; not even sure if the explosion was point blank. Plus the energy was mostly depleted by the time it detonated iirc.
Hey Medeus; I want your opinion on something since you've stopped by. Earlier I submitted layers for bloodbending, but it was rejected by Glass because he said those feats were just the separate waterbenders being more skilled. However, the Hax page does say that differences in power can be layered as long as its shown to over one a resistance. The creators of avatar have confirmed the existence of chi fields which bloodbenders are able to bypass. Then there is Katara resisting Hama's bloodbending. So wouldn't Glass be wrong about this?

I agree that the Yakone Family do surpass Katara in raw power. Lore does mention that the reason Katara and Hama need a full moon is because that's the only time their Chi is strong enough to make use of bloodbending. But Amon, Yakone and Tarlokk are all able to bloodbend without a full moon; which means their Chi would have had to been stronger than Katara's. That also explains why Katara is unable to unclog to Chi flows put in place by Amon.

They didn't take it at close enough range.
Well, Kuvira went from being fine to barely being able to stand after the explosion, so they were within range. Additionally, both would upscale anyway since Mako and Bolin were close enough, and they just passed out without major injuries.

Within range means very little. If you're 20 metres away from the epicentre of a 1 kiloton blast, you'd still be well within range, but only have taken the equivalent of 0.2 tons of TNT.

I'll be honest, I can't remember exactly how close Mako and Bolin were (it's been almost a year since I last saw Kora). Can you remind me? It might be useful for a calculation.

Short of calc stacking, I haven't been able to get anything impressive.

So, I'm dropping the calculation.
Is it not allowed to simply scale them to the value of the spirit energy cannon?[as the spirit core contains all the energy that powers the spirit energy cannon]

I want to clean up Korra's profile a little by adding her cosmic form's abilities in a separate tab instead of relegating all that stuff at the bottom. Her tabs will be "Base and Avatar state" and "Cosmic Korra". Do I need permission to make tabs, or can I just do it?

Last edited:
I want to clean up Korra's profile a little by adding her cosmic form's abilities in a separate tab instead of relegating all that stuff at the bottom. Her tabs will be "Base and Avatar state" and "Cosmic Korra". Do I need permission to make tabs, or can I just do it?
I have no idea, you should ask a moderator. One thing I remembered is that Cosmic Korra only has Waterbending among the four basic bending arts because she is separate from Raava.

You can if you want to

What does everyone think about the live action?
I actually like it, it doesn't feel like a complete carbon copy of the original cartoon, and a lot of it's scenes hits pretty hard for how detailed they are

Mid feels a bit harsh imo. The acting was kind of cringy during some parts but it was overall at least a 7 out of 10. What didn't you like about it?
Questionable pacing and dialogue. Suki, Katara, Bumi, and Sokka are worst versions of their original counterparts. Also not a fan of Azula’s casting.

Too many flaws to get more than a 5 for me. Though tbf it does enough stuff well to have actual merit (the fights, cgi, and Aang, Iroh, and Zuko are mostly fine).

Just realized; wouldn't the avatars have resistance to power nullification, since Korra entering the avatar state restored her bending after Amon took it away?

Well yes, the Wiki accepts what Amon does as powernull.
There may be an example of her resistance being layered, but it's a weird one.

In the canonical video game, she gets hit with some poisoned darts that disables her bending for a while. She even remarks that this is the longest that her chi has been blocked. It's never directly stated, but she can't seem to enter the avatar state as well (when she enters it late in thr game, she states "The avatar is back!"). So the darts seem to be more potent then Amon's power null.

However, she slowly gets her bending back with some guidance from Jinora's projection. So, this could be a layer of power null resistance over baseline. But, she needed some guidance, and it took nearly a week for her to get all of her bending back. Would you say this counts as a layer, or would that be stretching things?

Last edited:
There may be an example of her resistance being layered, but it's a weird one.

In the canonical video game, she gets hit with some poisoned darts that disables her bending for a while. She even remarks that this is the longest that her chi has been blocked. It's never directly stated, but she can't seem to enter the avatar state as well (when she enters it late in thr game, she states "The avatar is back!"). So the darts seem to be more potent then Amon's power null.

However, she slowly gets her bending back with some guidance from Jinora's projection. So, this could be a layer of power null resistance over baseline. But, she needed some guidance, and it took nearly a week for her to get all of her bending back. Would you say this counts as a layer, or would that be stretching things?
I think it would only be valid if there was something indicating that the result of the 1 week + Jinora guidance is permanent, probably this one week + Jinora guidance was what made her raise her chi level to an additional layer of resistance.

I think it would only be valid if there was something indicating that the result of the 1 week + Jinora guidance is permanent, probably this one week + Jinora guidance was what made her raise her chi level to an additional layer of resistance.
Pretty certain there's no evidence of that, so RIP.

Back