• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Austin Theory Fights a Green Dragon [Theory vs Shibusawa]

RULES
  • Speed is Equalized
  • Fight takes place on the Nikkyo Consortium's Yacht
  • Shibusawa has 3 fighting styles, scales to [0.33 Tons]
  • Theory scales to around [0.65 Tons]

FIGHTERS

Austin Theory
i8u3fn4k_400x400.jpg
"I'm done being the youngest this, the youngest that, the future, the next big thing, or a protégé. I am the now!": 0

"We write in other people's blood. That's the yakuza's way. And I aim to pen my title in yours.": 0

THEME

Ight. So you said something about Shibusawa's 3 different styles of fighting, right?

How do they work?
Rush style: Shibusawa's fastest style, hes agile and goes with a series of fast light attack that compound. Basically he's fast.

Beast Style: The opposite of Rush style, Shibusawa, this focuses on raw power. Attacks are slow but deal great damage and he resists attacks better, and if there are objects around like chairs and tables (floor after railing as seen in the video) he'll automatically pick them up and attack with them quickly.

Brawler: The balanced one of the three styles, without sacrificing speed or power.

In the beginning of the match, Austin Theory was getting his ass handed to by Johnny Gargano, to the point where Gargano even called him "predictable." Commentary states that Gargano has the speed, skill, and experience advantage over Theory in the fight, which explains why he was initially dominating the fight. However, as the match went on, Theory slowly found ways to adapt throughout the fight, even finding ways to quickly counter moves that originally caught him off guard. The commentary even states that Theory was "learning on the go". Gargano's fighting style revolves around combining British Chain Wrestling, Lucha Libre, and Puroresu into a fighting style he likes to call "Lucharesu." This makes him pretty unpredictable in combat, as he can switch fighting styles in an instant so seamlessly.
Theory's AD.

So would Theory's AD help him?

I gave an entire explanation of how it works. He adapted to someone who uses three different fighting styles and combines them into one.

So would Theory's AD help him?

I gave an entire explanation of how it works. He adapted to someone who uses three different fighting styles and combines them into one.
I'm not saying it wouldn't work, it's just that guy you mentioned already uses traditional fighting styles that are seen throughout the world. Those styles Shibusawa have are only applicable to Kiryu as well. They're different from everyday fighting because it's straight up supernatural, with how Rush style boosts speeds to the point they create after images. So Theory can adapt, it's likely he's gonna have to at least adapt to Beast Style and Rush style individually when Shibusawa changes styles.

I'm not saying it wouldn't work, it's just that guy you mentioned already uses traditional fighting styles that are seen throughout the world. Those styles Shibusawa have are only applicable to Kiryu as well. They're different from everyday fighting because it's straight up supernatural, with how Rush style boosts speeds to the point they create after images. So Theory can adapt, it's likely he's gonna have to at least adapt to Beast Style and Rush style individually when Shibusawa changes styles.
Aight.

What other factors in the fight need to be considered, then?

Back