• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Wrestlers, enter the Dragon's Lair! (Chris Jericho and Austin Theory vs Red Dragon and Inventor Kobolds)

Peppersalt43

They/Them
The Wizard and a Game Theory : 0
A Dragon and its followers : 7
Incon : 0

9-B versions used (Young Dragon, Inventor Kobolds, and WWE Jericho used)
Theory is carrying his briefcase and championship
Speed equalized
Both sides had prior knowledge and 12 hours of prep time
3 Kobolds are present alongside the dragon
Fight takes place in the Cave of Crystals, 50 meters apart with no line of sight, the wrestlers starting at the cave's entrance

Last edited:
I have the feeling Pepper has a whole article waiting for me lol.
Not really

So the D&D creatures scale to 0.001 tons via the Burning Hands calc. Should be relatively similar to the Wrestlers

With prep time, they would set up multiple traps and and ambush location while the dragon will arm itself with a number of magical items

@LephyrTheRevanchist should arrive eventually to give further clarification on this

So the D&D creatures scale to 0.001 tons via the Burning Hands calc. Should be relatively similar to the Wrestlers
Jericho is 0.0008332420726792637 tons, which is roughly a 1.2x AP difference.

Theory is 0.0006792847235922638 tons, which is roughly a 1.47x AP difference.

So yeah, pretty negligible.

With prep time, they would set up multiple traps and and ambush location while the dragon will arm itself with a number of magical items
What kind of traps?

What magical items does the dragon have?

Perfect, then. Will be gathering some sources. Will say, Jericho and Austin have very high chances here, even with the traps (Jericho's pain tolerance specially). Although, do we consider their instinctive reactions to help against stealth and ambush tactics? Since they work mostly when they are about to be pinned or knocked out.

Edit: Will add that the dragon scales significantly higher to the burning hands calc as a CR 4 creature. Level 1 Adventurers are already capable of performing the feat. The kobolds can take on at least one (inventors are only 1/8 CR) on a losing fight, so alone they are practically a none factor in a head-on encounter. Three of them at once does make it a bit closer, but not against both Jericho and Theory at once. The dragon, on the other hand, can take on 4 people that are higher than 4 people that are higher than 4 people higher than 4 people that scale to this value. Quite literally, the dragon can take on both Jericho and Theory by its lonesome with relative ease.

Last edited:
so alone they are practically a none factor in a head-on encounter
OK then, now about their listed abilities. What exactly does the Insect Manip and Fragrance Manip do?
I will say that a lot of people from the verse, including Theory, will get Pain Tolerance added to their profiles.
I'm not sure how that'll help here. This is quite literally, a skill issue

I'm not sure how that'll help here. This is quite literally, a skill issue
Because Wyrmlings fight head on, starting with their Breath Weapons and following with their bite and tail slap attacks. By not being immediately effed by fire, they have an opportunity to subdue the creature with superior grappling skill and lifting.

Their Pain Tolerance will also help with the traps earlier on in the encounter.

The website is blocked on my laptop.
How are you able to make matches if VSBW Fandom is blocked?
Their Pain Tolerance will also help with the traps earlier on in the encounter.
Cool. So uh, about my question here
OK then, now about their listed abilities. What exactly does the Insect Manip and Fragrance Manip do?
Also I need to ask, there are a number of abilities listed in the profile that says "with Preparation they can access Paralysis Inducement, Attack Reflection, Curse Manipulation, Petrification, Transmutation, and many others via traps and supplies". How do those work?

🗿

637791959730543418.jpeg

How is Jericho and Theory going to face this?

Now about this: Kobold inventors carry multiple "devices", some of which include baskets with swarms of centipede, a stick with a scorpion to deliver poison with and a wasp nest on a bag. Their fragrance manipulation comes from carrying a skunk on a cage. They also use a sling, so the basket and bag can be launched from afar, coupled with Alchemist Fire (basically a like a small grenade) and Acid Flasks (which again, Pain Tolerance help against).

They swarms help if the duo subdue the dragon from using its natural weaponry (the wyrmling can't spam its fire breath, needs to recharge a couple of seconds).

Lol

To be fair, is not that big as you are imagining. A wyrmling red is about same size as a normal person.
It's still a dragon. Something the WWE verse has never fought up against ever.

Most of Jericho's moveset is useless. Theory's moveset is okay, since he relies on mostly his power.

Uh, what effect will that have?
The dragon will avoid damaging it. Red's are greedy as hell and want any treasure they can see. The moment he sees that thing on Theory, it will avoid using its breath so as to not damage it, and if the kobolds use their acid and fire stuff, it will get pretty angry and might kill them itself.

It's still a dragon. Something the WWE verse has never fought up against ever.

Most of Jericho's moveset is useless. Theory's moveset is okay, since he relies on mostly his power.
True, while the dragon as a CR 4 creature can fight people with their abilities. Which is why I believe the dragon straight up wins. It has quite the advantage, on top of the kobolds being annoying. The fact that both Jericho and Theory have to also content with ambush attacks from the inventors on top of the traps? (Which they have 0 experience navigating a dungeon too)

They are honestly ****** even with knowledge.

The dragon will avoid damaging it. Red's are greedy as hell and want any treasure they can see. The moment he sees that thing on Theory, it will avoid using its breath so as to not damage it, and if the kobolds use their acid and fire stuff, it will get pretty angry and might kill them itself.
OK then, I'll give that to him

OK then, I'll give that to him
That does give at least theory more of an opportunity. However, this is also dangerous as hell. Because the dragon will try and isolate them instead of rush in to both at once.

But at least if Jericho (which I believe is the one to be left against the kobolds, as the one that doesn't have treasure) can survive the shenanigans of the kobolds, I do believe he can beat them or simply scare them off. Kobolds are cowardly as hell.

Jericho and Theory would use their Social Influencing then to convince the Dragon that if they give up the fight, they will give him treasure FRA 🗿
Won't work. Chromatic dragons are kind of narcissistic sociopaths, and all dragons are already born with superior intellect to the average human. They know they are the superior race of the world and view everything else as completely beneath them.

They also have their own social influencing and intimidation ayy.

Here's an overview of Kobold traps. Very simplistic in nature, but can take people far above their weight class (some of these traps are considered CRs 2-3 by themselves, which is so above the kobolds individually or even in group).

Back