• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Wrestlers, enter the Dragon's Lair! (Chris Jericho and Austin Theory vs Red Dragon and Inventor Kobolds)

My overview:

What the wrestlers need: Simply, survive the traps and ambushes with as little exposure as possible. This is insanely difficult, as people with greater experience on this biz (adventurers of all manner of kinds) have difficulty against these traps and tactics. They have to contend with, frankly, random bullshit from the kobolds peppering (heh) them with their weird devices. And that's on stealth. Constant ambushes as the Inventors avoid melee combat as much as possible, using the cavern systems to lure them away from each other (the dragon instructing them to bring to him the one with treasure). This is the earlier stage of the fight.

What the wrestlers have to do: Stay together. Fortunately, the dragon's most dangerous trap imo (the midas touch thingy) is the least dangerous here since they have prior knowledge. Knowing the kind of bs they are about to be subjected to gives them an advantage to avoid the traps and potentially survive the ambushes. If they stay together and keep moving forward avoiding pit falls and stuff, they are completely able to reach the end of the dungeon (will they, is the question).

What the wrestlers can do: Both are expert social influencers that, while not affecting the dragon itself, will affect the kobolds (though keep in mind, they are cowardly and opportunistic; they could betray the wrestlers back for their msster and act as it was always the plan). If they manage to convince the kobolds to betray their master (by promises of slaying the creature and freeing them, knowledge that they have access to), they straight up avoid the entire early fight and move on directly against the dragon. That said, both the dragon and kobolds also have prior knowledge. The kobolds know their master is stronger than the duo, and also have more riches to use. This complicate things.

The dragon: Easily the biggest obstacle here by far. Dragons are clever creatures, even new borns (specially new borns actually). If it can avoid interacting with such lowly creatures and just take their treasures, it's life would be heaven. Now then, Red's are cocky individuals. Specially here since it knows it can take on the duo by itself. That's another opportunity for the duo to reach the mid stage of the encounter (the proper fight). But once they reach it, oh it's on.

The fight (assuming kobold betrayal): Assuming the wrestlers successfully survived and navigated the caverns, wether by convincing the kobolds to help them or managing to track and take them out and navigating the caverns by themselves, exposing as little as possible to the traps, the fight breaks lose. If they convinced the kobolds to help them, that's nice. But honestly? The kobolds are such non factors to the dragon that it wouldn't even care. It would charge straight into battle, starting with its breath weapon as mentioned. It will try and snipe Jericho and avoid Theory at first. Despite Jericho not having experience as an adventurer nor against a dragon, it can withstand the fire, which might even surprise the dragon. Making it a two on one help the wrestlers. Theory knows the dragon will never use fire against him, so he can take it from the front while Jericho might try the sides or back. Jericho is still not safe, however. The dragons have a natural ability to contort their bodies and strike from various weird and unnatural angles. Imagine snake-like movement from a dragon's body. This is the closest encounter by far, which takes the dragon up to the late fight. Ultimately though, I think the chance that the kobold might betray the duo is very much high, and after an encounter like this, that seals the deal imo. Dragon wins.

The fight (assuming no kobold betrayal): It ends before the late fight, imo. The amount of random bs on top of an unrelenting creature might prove too much. They have to contend with three kobolds, each equipped with acid and fire bombs, swarms of insects (and they too scale to 9-B as an entire swarm, btw) and even potentially poison (which work within a minute of exposure). On top of the dragon? Yeah, I don't see them having that many options beyond trying to get the kobolds to piss off, which now is even more difficult to do with their master here. Dragon team still wins.

Pepper really thought it was a good idea to pit wrestlers against a ******* dragon...
Honestly? It's not even the dragon the most difficult thing. Is all of the random bs they need to somehow avoid or power through. With no experience and barely any option against it all. That just seals the deal.

Pepper really thought it was a good idea to pit wrestlers against a ******* dragon...
Next time, choose melee fighters instead of ******* Dragons, Pepper.
Also, choose melee fighters that don't have tons of equipment at their disposal.
OK, I'll consider that (Though keep in mind, Chris did beat Nagel Krat despite the latter's large arsenal of weapons)
Team Dragon FRA 🗿
I'll count that and I assume @LephyrTheRevanchist also votes them too

I will make an argument that Jericho and Theory's Instinctive Reactions can potentially help with the traps.

However, I'm not confident in them defeating the Dragon, especially since Jericho is going to be severely limited due to his fighting style. Theory will be fine for the most part, but the main problem is the less skilled, experienced, and weaker of the two will have to carry the load against the person that can take people on Jericho and Theory's level with relative ease.

Really?

I was told that matches like these can't be added (Jericho and Theory have never teamed up nor interacted).
Wait what? You could've told me that before I started. There was a reason I asked which wrestlers have teamed up and you didn't give me a clear pair

Tbf, I wasn't aware of the rules either.

I just thought that since they were from the same verse, the match can be added.

Damnit Random

So, let me ask this again. Which wrestlers did you know have canonically fought in a team match together?
Chris Jericho and Big Show (though Big Show's profile is ass).

John Cena and Randy Orton.

And, uhh...

There's probably a lot more I'm missing, but that's all I can think of currently lol.

It's probably best if you don't make another team matchup for WWE, as admittedly, some of the profiles are a bit outdated.

Back