• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Asta vs Saber (Artoria)

AnonymousBlank said:
7 votes that happened before anything was brought up for the other character don't mean anything though.

People can't even agree on what he uses as one person says he switches to Divider if he needs it while another says he starts with it from the get go which is an AP stomp. If he doesn't, he won't be able to draw Divider when they are in cqc as Saber massively outskills (fights Archer Cu, Lancelot, Herc etc), would have x4 AP after ditching her armor the first time he negs it (if she doesn't cop on when he negs IA like Diarmuid did) and x6 speed which definitely counters his IA and AD. If does, she still maintains her speed and skill advantage so getting hit is gonna be grazes at best which get regened as his regen neg mechanics is something she already regened from without issue.
First, if Asta uses Black Divider, he one-shots but doesn't stomp since both can use their High 6-C weapons, Asta just uses it before her.

Second, pretty much what Spooky said (except that Asta does use Black Divider as a first move)

@Spooky

The point was that the votes happened before one side even had arguments. If they reaffirm their vote after more reasoning and arguments have been made like you did then they obviously still believe reasoning for that side is better. When they don't then the votes would thus be discounted.

How much faster was Luck? I can see blitzes being mentioned already but I'm kinda looking for a number .... unless you got a big ass scaling chain, that works too.

Experience =/= skill. They need skill feats not X number of years. Lancelot is so skilled he can pick up anything he thinks can be used as a weapon and skill stomp prodigies who spend their entire lives training to master the weapon, people who hit harder than physics allows, people who adapt techniques for a specific weapon (bow) to swords, spears, daggers, hand to hand etc., people whose entire fighting style is to keep up with and kill guys that blitz and one shot them. A weakened Saber can fight an amped Lancelot until he brings out Arondight which amps him even more, gives another buff for fighting against her and more.

Saber doesn't play range at all and would just chase him down.

Excalibur isn't being used unless he pulls what is basically his own NP and if it gets reflected back, she would precog this herself and dodge, especially with her boosted speed.

I can agree on his mobility being better.

Servants resist magic absorption, I dunno what this means, I already explained just how good Servant MR is (which is power null) above which doesn't affect even Saber's MB which is her throwing it at people.

Definitely within Asta's ability to bypass but only if he can land the hit.

@Epsilon

The arguments above for Asta above were partially that Excalibur won't work on him. How does one argue that but then say it will? If one person's "wincon" doesn't work, then it's a stomp.

And here we have the issue of what Asta does.

@Milly

Being angry isn't his typical mindset from what little I know but would he not always be determined to not lose? Or is this a case of being even more determined to not lose than normal which obviously isn't the usual mindset.

No, his first usage Post-Timeskip was him being angry, though granted it was against dishonorable opponents. Against Saber, it'll be determination not to lose.

I don't really see much of a difference in the argument minus some few stuff. The central thing still happens. Asta counters her magic, can fly, and do some more stuff, and has AP advantage.

I don't see how the votes won't count

Previous votes don't count if they are given acounter argument and zero response

But the reasoning was provided by voters who kept responding afterwards

So no, the reasoning is valid until they have no counter argument

Well, Saber can't fly, so she can't really reach Asta. He can counter all her ranged attacks if she sends ranged stuff to tire her and later could finish her off with Black Divider if she does some troublesome shit. And if she dodges her own attack then what's the point of sending it again if she knows Asta can reflect it easily :v

Also idk if that helps, but Asta's antimagic is not magic. From what I understood, Saber has encountered magic that negs magic yeah? Licht has that shit and Asta could counter attacks from that.

I'm not into scaling chains so I won't tell you how good Luck's speed is compared to Asta's.

This will be hard. This match just reminded me how long Nasuverse matches are.

I'm used to 100+ posts matches, and even I think Nasu matches are long.

Schnee One said:
Previous votes don't count if they are given acounter argument and zero response

But the reasoning was provided by voters who kept responding afterwards

So no, the reasoning is valid until they have no counter argument
I don't think its work that way, its still counted if they still not see the counter argument is enough to debunk their reasoning, i honestly don't see how Saber win this at best she can just Stall Asta until she ran out of Mana while Asta pretty sure have stamina advantage, AP advantage, speed AMP (speed AMP is not equalized unless its makes him blitz His opponent) and Anti-Magic, Magic Resistance in fate maybe can have power null attribute but its only work on Magic while Asta doesnt even have Magic.

some things that were forgotten here ... excalibur is a sword considered sacred (besides the fact that it is divine construct in the nasuverse) and for that reason it receives buffs against demons and the like, in addition if alaya considers asta as a threat, another buff comes, so ... at least the sword will be stronger than normal. sme tell Avalon ... who can defend himself from ******* EA

Back