• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Are Tier 2 Smash Characters consistent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
There was a big thing a while back about "quality over quantity". This is like the exact opposite of that.
This. Doesn't matter how many times Spider-Man punches Thor. He won't become 4-B.

Same here. Low 2-C everyone in Smash is contradicted by literally every other showing in those games.

Oh wow, aparently canon matters on a non canon party game.

I dunno, but i have NEVER seen Marth fight Low 2-C enemies in Fire emblem canon

Maybe its because they are different?

No, Matt, it isn't. First off, there's an argument for "No showings at all besides Sonic's scene, and the fights against MH and CH, if those last ones," Second, what exactly makes you sure of any rating at all in the first place besides what we're shown of. You're claiming am outlier when there's been nothing but 2-C showings. False equivalency.

Having Dante (SMT) have less of his abilities due to conservative understanding of what happens in that game isn't enough of a difference, IMO. By this logic, Sonic, who hasn't demonstrated the ability to boost or use whisps in Smash should be counted, then. It's either we except it for being a published piece of fiction or not.

Should we hold a vote count for either

having new profiles be made for smash bros characters

or

add Low 2-C form to every fighter as "Super smash bros"

Arguing from incredulity doesn't change the fact that everyone can fight the Masters Core and Tabuu, who are low 2-C.

That's logical scaling. Ridiculous? To some. Honestly, since there aren't any other showings besides this ridiculous shit, I have no choice but to buy it.

Second, that's not what Marco said at all.

I think we could just say everyone's low 2-C on the smash Bros verse page if we don't want profiles, but Sonic's sheet should be made at least IMO. Since it's "different enough".

Yeah.

Lemme explain myself a bit better.

Either have

Low 2-C forms on Mario, Donkey Kong, Marth, Ryu, Bayonetta, Cloud, etc´s canon profile under the "Super Smash Bros" name.

or

make

Roy (Super Smash Bros), Princess Peach (Super Smash Bros), Mewtwo (Super Smash Bros) Low 2-C profiles.

Or just make the Sonic one and write that everyone MIGHT scale to X people for Y reasons on the verse page.

I prefer option two myself, just saying they could scale on the verse page will confuse a lot of people when i make a Low 2-C Smash Mario vs Ultra Instinct Goku and most of those versus threads will be wrongly deleted because "stomp"

I'm for creating pages if nobody has any further objections to this.

I prefer we wait to conclude this however. Perhaps the people who were previously active went to bed.

We're not creating any more pages, as all the pages that would be influenced by this that wouldn't fall under a Xenoverse case has been made (Captain Falcon, ROB, Duck Hunt, Mr. Game & Watch, Ice Climbers, and Wii Fit Trainer). Though, for Captain Falcon, should we separate his profile?

Dont tell me you also think adding the justification on the verse page is good.

It will cause countless confusion and threads being deleted left and right because "stomps"

also, Smash Bros characters do have different skills than the canonical versions.

I'm neutral on this. The justification on the verse page is fine with me. Similar to the justification on the Elder Scrolls verse page that states that all characters/protagonists can achieve CHIM and become an Amaranth, we don't add that to the pages of every character in the verse or make separate Amaranth pages for them.

But then there's the thing you're bringing up about VS threads and confusion and whatnot. If someone wants to make extra pages for all the Smash fighters, that's fine with me, too.

I don't think it should be added to the key of their canon page, except for those like Duck Hunt and Captain Falcon who already have it due to not being known in any other fiction. Mario and Kirby and Pikachu are well known because Pokémon and their respective series, not essentially because of Smash Bros. The profiles are canon profiles, and shouldn't be mixed with non-canon stuff. This is why Goku (Dragonball Evolution) was made, and Mario (Hotel Mario) was made.

I mean, i could make the pages, but i dont wanna anyone complaining.

Are the same justifications as the WFT and Captian Falcon have valid?

If no one is gonna gimme trouble, then i should start making them.

If other people agree on pages being made, then perhaps. But understand that the pages being made means that they only have their abilities demonstrated in Smash, and not the abilities demonstrated outside of the series. They don't retain their abilities. So Mario would not have things like Time Manipulation and Time Travel or most of his power-ups.

Why not, they are considered different characters in Smash.

For example, in Brawl, Toon Link and Link are considred different on the advanture mode.

I'm with the side that disagrees with adding pages for the smash characters via Matt and Azzy's reasons.

I am with the side that argues they really dont do any harm since we already have alternative pages for Smash Bros anyways.

And the Marth, Lucina and Mario pages could serve as an examples on how they could be.

I was thinking that people disagreed with this, well, I guess now I can create my manga Goku ;).

and that'll just make a whole lot more profiles that'll just clutter the site because the majority of them are non-canon. Like MvC profiles, or street fighter x X-Men, and a whole lot more crossovers.

Dragon Ball really needs to be revised.

I find it odd that we calculate Goku in a DB Manga -> DBS Anime instead of DB Manga -> DBS Manga.

Theglassman12 said:
@therefir why??? There's little to no changes with his manga and anime counterpart?
Oh yeah, despite having different ap, speed, transformations, abilities and slightly different history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back