• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Are Tier 2 Smash Characters consistent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
I am currently reverting the "everyone is Low 2-C" edits so people are not tempted to spam more pages.
Not even you are allowed to make edits without people agreeing, Azathoth.

But people are agreeing. Hell, people are making these files when we have said not to and when this discussion had yet to finish.

I.... don't even know what to say, you were all blatantly told NOT to make these pages, yet they were made anyway just because "Why not?"

Hell, at least I tried asking if FEH pages were okay, and even then I still haven't actually gone through with making anyone who isn't exclusive to it

I do not advise any of this becoming a reality. I'm against a lot of things that are even somewhat related to this (for example, Arbiter having a page for his time in Killer Instinct).

It isn't consistent with in-verse activity. Adding it is asking for trouble. Methinks people know that.

The real cal howard said:
Not even you are allowed to make edits without people agreeing, Azathoth.
Major edits were performed to multiple pages based on a faulty premise and very limited discussion, which is not okay for such a massive upgrade. If flaws are pointed out after the upgrade is performed with multiple dissenting voices, "lol too late people already agreed on it" has never been our policy. We revert the changes until things are properly sorted out.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
But people are agreeing. Hell, people are making these files when we have said not to and when this discussion had yet to finish.
For the record, I didn't condone them to make the profiles. In fact, I said no multiple times.

The only people who approved the creation of profiles were the people who actually went ahead and made them

TheHadouCyberspaceWitch said:
The justification on the verse page is fine with me. Similar to the justification on the Elder Scrolls verse page that states that all characters/protagonists can achieve CHIM and become an Amaranth, we don't add that to the pages of every character in the verse or make separate Amaranth pages for them.
^This. Just a justification on the verse page is fine, if we adamantly refuse to add pages. We shouldn't be making pages without permission of staff, so go ahead and delete pages that weren't made with permission.

However, why can't we have non-canon profiles-- I mean, if you wanna "save space" we can just try to make composite (non-canon) profiles-- can someone actually give me an explaination behind "too much space being taken up" and "Unnecessary", because those aren't convincing arguments against non-canon profiles in general, even if they are samey. If we are against different stats being the opperative difference, fine, let's A, get rid of Dante (smt) because that's being consistent, and B make verse pages or general pages for scaling in these crossover games. Itd be exaclty as it was above.

Weirdo,

They shouldn't have made the pages without changing your minds. However, the reasons given for their existence not being allowed doesn't make any sense.

"Takes up space"-- So, this wiki has a finite amount of data that can be kept on it? That's weird if it is true, and irrelevant if it isn't. The reason it's irrelevant is because the wiki would operate the same if it had twice as many pages. A better argument would be, "it creates so much more pages to manage" but that argument can be used against creating any profile and adding any verse, which i don't think people do on a consistent basis, or at all.

"Redundancy"-- This is irrelevant. Published fictional works of any kind (barring extreme exceptions like Suggsverse) should be allowed on here. Otherwise, you're failing at being an Indexing site. Having different versions of the same character, while repettitive, isn't pointless. No one would know that Smash characters would be 2-c if this verse page didn't exist, to give an example. And, even if you don't want to make the pages for whatever reason, we can just make pages for the videogames explaining everyone's videogame stats or something...

"Has bad implications"-- What exactly is the problem with having Xenoverse Goku or Anime Goku or Manga Goku? Sure, there's more Goku profiles. How is that a problem inherently-- just sounds like complaining. And, hell, we can "save space" by merging profiles into different keys like the Bahamut page. We can just make it so that "crossover game Naruto" has seperate keys for his highest level of different games he is in.

Are there any real arguments?

Make a profile for them like Kirby, but only for the characters that have shown to be completely different from their canon counterpart otherwise Azathoth will delete them.

So Dark is in favor of making smash profiles (I think?) and I think they should get the smash stats in their SMASH profiles or whatever.

Personally, I'm indifferent when it comes to making Smash profiles, but the characters who currently have keys should have them moved to profiles, I think

I mean, with the exception of Wii Fit trainer and characters like her, because they only have stats from Kirby (Smash Bros.).

I think Smash Bros is popular enough and has enough statements for some profiles too.

i don't understand smash one bit...

first you see almost all characters (except for toon link, sonic and jigglypuff) having no chance against tabuu, then sonic (brawl counterpart) comes out of nowhere and destroys both of tabuu's wings in order to prevent him from turning everyone into trophies again and looking like he is just toying around with tabuu, and because of gameplay purposes you're allowed to play as almost any other character besides sonic to beat tabuu.

soooo consistent...

And yet, they fight constantly against 2-C Master Hand and Master's Core and shit, as well as the CT being relevant in the games, so they might be 2-C because of the sheer abundance of possible conflict and the lack of any other feats to have "outliers" be a legitimate argument.

64, Melee and 4 don't have a story, so it's speculation of what canonically happened in them. At best i can only allow Duck Hunt and Wii Fit since they have solid differencies. Toy R.O.B and Canon Game and Watch profiles can be restored from history informations as an another page.

but he still got hurt by freaking sonic who seemingly has been presented as the only one who can defeat tabuu.

unless there is an explanation then idk.

There's no dialogue tho.

And Dark, What does "different" qualify as? Because we disagree on that, me and Azzy, and there are profiles that exist that don't follow his "no no" qualifications that people like.

Dark649 said:
Toy R.O.B and Canon Game and Watch profiles can be restored from history informations as an another page.
smash mr. Game & watch has differences to Canon G&W, The smash one has regen, power mimicry, attack reflection and OHK. and only smash ROB is an actual character, the real one it's just a toy

You could then just say everyone in the crossover scales to Rob in this, but they can't be used in versus battles because they don't have profiles. So, I think they should have profiles if Kirby had one, and Kirby had his own feats initially, and the same goes for everyone else svcaking to Sonic and Kirby.

What's so different about Shulk's appearance? The only notable differences I know is him using Monado I; which isn't too much different, and stealing Reyn's lines. Most of his powers and abilities feel pretty much the same; albeit nerfed in Smash.

What's so different about Dante (SMT)? Tiering and that he LACKS abilities from his canon counterpart. That's it. Same with Smash Kirby. Like I said, we could just do the Sonic Smash Bros version and make a note on the Smash page about who they scale to, if "differences" are important. Though, I don't think it really matters as long as they've got significantly different tiering or something.

Shulk isn't universal anymore so, there's that.

Then lets delete the Kirby, Captain Falcon and WFT pages, then.

I mean, lets not be hypocritical.

I still agree with Amexim, this is just to stop some character you dont like from getting to tier 2, admit it.

@Amexim, how do you mean Shulk isn't universal? Canon Shulk still is Tier 2 as it was already discussed, but that's off topic.

@Marco, do not be rude towards the staff. They do know what they're talking about and have explained what their motives are. There is no reason to accuse people of disliking characters just because they don't agree with giving non canon characters special keys.

And I agree with Professor, we should close this before things get out of hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back